Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-06-28, 12:20)mikebzh44 Wrote: [ -> ]Broken dependencie is :

Addon skin.aeon.nox.svn requires script.randomitems version 3.1.1 which is not available

Passion-XBMC repository get version 3.0.7

You can download version 3.1.1 here : http://code.google.com/p/ronie/downloads...ip&can=2&q=

I can't upload it to Passion-XBMC repository, I get an error Sad

Hi there, I have the same problem, but I have downloaded the good version of script.randomitems on the site below, and try to install it with "Install from zip file" but nothing append, and no messages in XBMC.log.

Anyone have an idea? I have verified the sha1sum and it's the same.
@Big_Noid is there any way I can change the background on the new 'live cases' as (youve probably seen) I have a red theme throughout (dont mind doing any work here) otherwise i'll have to redo all my custom artwork to match yours (a bit obsessive compulsive but thats just me)
Also daily babes is great (except for the fact my htpc is in the living room so is not WAF friendly), could it be a custom path rather than the daily babes site (for custom pics) again not afraid of getting my hands dirty for this one.

Still unable to use the metadata actors script and have no replies from anybody (service.py error on start)

Any issues elsewhere ?

and once again this skin is beyond the expectation of most people and is a great platform for your media

Many thanks
@leepenny: The background will be customizable when its fully done. For now just replace speakergrill.jpg in the backgrounds folder. Have no clue for the actor metadata script problem. Works fine here. Search for http:// in the skin and those are the paths to replace dailybabe content.

@hellnino18: just unzip manually and overwrite existing content, that works for sure.
@Big_Noid : Thanks for this quick response, I will try that!
Okay, latest commit makes the live dvd and cd cases backgrounds fully customizable. Have fun Big Grin
Sorry for quoting myself - I noodled my post a couple of pages ago to death after figuring things out so it's possible that the edited version got missed:
(2012-06-30, 22:18)Peligrozo Wrote: [ -> ]Bug
I seem to have found a bug: When I browse TV shows and go into the season level for a show, I sometimes get duplicate entries for all seasons (this can happen on episode-level as well). However, the duplicates don't show any thumbnails. This only happens in Landscape view and only with "Fixed list" set to "No", so I assume this has to do with the looping of the thumbnails. Strangely, this doesn't seem to happen for all my TV shows, but for most of them. Also, if I change to "List" view for example and then switch back, the looping is fixed, but if I come back to the menu later again the same problem is back.

Questions
1. Newb question: I've found how to enable the icon menu, which is superb. However, I haven't managed to find where to change the "glow" color (on text and menu items) from white to a different color (such as the one used in Big Noids screenshot above). How do I do that? Smile

2. Last time I set up XBMC properly, I spent hours and hours setting up stuff like season thumbnails (seasonXX.tbn) and season fanart (fanart.jpg in each season folder). However, neither of these seem to be used at all. Is this a skin choice? Even though I do have seasonXX.tbn files, XBMC seems to download some other season thumbnails that don't look good in landscape view, which is pretty annoying. If there is a way to fix that, I'd be 100% super pleased Smile

3. Every time I start a movie the big red mouse WARNING box appears. Is there a way to disable that?
(2012-07-01, 13:15)Peligrozo Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for quoting myself - I noodled my post a couple of pages ago to death after figuring things out so it's possible that the edited version got missed:
(2012-06-30, 22:18)Peligrozo Wrote: [ -> ]Bug
I seem to have found a bug: When I browse TV shows and go into the season level for a show, I sometimes get duplicate entries for all seasons (this can happen on episode-level as well). However, the duplicates don't show any thumbnails. This only happens in Landscape view and only with "Fixed list" set to "No", so I assume this has to do with the looping of the thumbnails. Strangely, this doesn't seem to happen for all my TV shows, but for most of them. Also, if I change to "List" view for example and then switch back, the looping is fixed, but if I come back to the menu later again the same problem is back.

Questions
1. Newb question: I've found how to enable the icon menu, which is superb. However, I haven't managed to find where to change the "glow" color (on text and menu items) from white to a different color (such as the one used in Big Noids screenshot above). How do I do that? Smile

2. Last time I set up XBMC properly, I spent hours and hours setting up stuff like season thumbnails (seasonXX.tbn) and season fanart (fanart.jpg in each season folder). However, neither of these seem to be used at all. Is this a skin choice? Even though I do have seasonXX.tbn files, XBMC seems to download some other season thumbnails that don't look good in landscape view, which is pretty annoying. If there is a way to fix that, I'd be 100% super pleased Smile

3. Every time I start a movie the big red mouse WARNING box appears. Is there a way to disable that?

I can't reproduce the landscape problem.
1. Go to skin settings and set the area color for home window.
2. the season thumbnails should be imported when you scraped the show. The skin just loads native season thumbs, no external thumbs.
3. Season extrafanart is used, but in a different way. It should be placed in the root folder of your show and named seasonX-fanart.jpg
Great, thanks! A couple of follow-ups:

(2012-07-01, 13:35)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]I can't reproduce the landscape problem.
Would debug log/screenshots/video help here?
(2012-07-01, 13:35)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]2. the season thumbnails should be imported when you scraped the show. The skin just loads native season thumbs, no external thumbs.
Native means that it should use the seasonXX.tbn files located in the main folder for that tv show, right? That doesn't seem to be the case for me, it still uses other images for the thumbs. The seasonXX.tbn files were definitely in the folder for the show when I scraped it.

Edit:
One last thing, I'm experiencing a bit of lag when browsing movies (dvd case view). I came from Dharma to Frodo (Alpha 2) so I'm not sure if it's simply that it's slower in Eden/Frodo. However, if I for example hold down the right arrow for a few seconds my CPU usage goes up towards 90% and I get ~2 fps while browsing the movies, so it's far from fluid Smile

I'm considering upgrading my HTPC as it's a few years old now. Does the GPU (hardware acceleration) help during this type of browsing or is it entirely CPU related (was wondering if I could get away with simply buying a cheap graphics card rather than new CPU+MBO+RAM).

My specs are:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.0 GHz)
GFX: 512MB integrated GeForce 9400
RAM: 4GB Corsair DDR2
HDD: 64GB Samsung 830 SSD
@Big Noid & Phil65

For the Music Vis, I have (had) the background set as 'Artist fanart (Extrafanart,fanart.jpg, default fanart)'. This has worked really well for me. If I play an Album, I get the relevant Artist Fanart, if I play a Soundtrack, I get a local, soundtrack specific fanart.jpg (Usually from the corresponding Movie or TV Show) and if I play an audio stream I get the default rotating backgrounds I have set for the home screen Music menu item.

Except I now want to use the Live CD cases for the home screen Wink

Currently, this shows a black screen when in the Music Vis as a default fallback (if playing a stream for example so no artist or local fanart.jpg available). And that got me thinking. Even if / when the Live CD cases do show up in the Music Vis, would I want them in the Music Vis as the default fallback? Many will (as they rock), but personally, I wouldn't.

So ... Given all the incredible options for homescreen background customisation, I want to be really greedy and ask for all those options to be available for use as a Music Vis screen background (basically as though it was a main menu item) and for that chosen custom background option to be used as the default fallback for Artist fanart (Extrafanart,fanart.jpg, default fanart) Smile

Told you I want to be greedy Angel
@ Peligrozo: Thats more likely a frodo or global xbmc issue. I have no problems running Nox on a diversity of systems, inlcuding a core2duo e6850, which is similar to yours.

@ReducedToZero: have not thought yet about adding live cases to music viz. Dont know if they belong there. Good point about the fanart, thats currently not working well if the music menu item is not set to a path.
No help needed, just tweaked landscape logo and swapped resolution for source:

Better or worse than the current floorlogo choice, thoughts?
As not all my files are correctly labelled, it helps me to have the resolution instead of source. However, as your initial idea was to have it like a movie poster, I would have thought changing the sound to the MPAA rating might work better
(2012-07-01, 17:05)defluo Wrote: [ -> ]As not all my files are correctly labelled, it helps me to have the resolution instead of source. However, as your initial idea was to have it like a movie poster, I would have thought changing the sound to the MPAA rating might work better

Coincidentally, I have been toying with the idea of having the MPAA rating displayed. I thought I would try to display only the necessary info and I must admit that rating should really have a place. Although I much prefer the long rating from the info screen, than the short one usually used for the floor. Think I'd rather swap it for the imdb rating. I'll have a play around with it this afternoon and see what looks best. Thanks for the input Wink
(2012-06-28, 04:29)Balthazar Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to add a custom shortcut to the main menu for the TVGuide addon. When I select the icon for icon layout it doesn't take. Is this a bug maybe? Name and custom background work fine.

I am sorry to re-post, but I think I got lost in the shuffle with all of the awesome new views Big Grin

I still haven't been able to get this to work. I attached a screen shot. The Live TV label is just the label I assigned to the TV Guide addon, not the actual Live TV from the skin.

(2012-07-01, 18:45)Balthazar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-28, 04:29)Balthazar Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to add a custom shortcut to the main menu for the TVGuide addon. When I select the icon for icon layout it doesn't take. Is this a bug maybe? Name and custom background work fine.

I am sorry to re-post, but I think I got lost in the shuffle with all of the awesome new views Big Grin

I still haven't been able to get this to work. I attached a screen shot. The Live TV label is just the label I assigned to the TV Guide addon, not the actual Live TV from the skin.

workin here... did you try several icons? does the icon appear in customizer window?