Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I rolled back to 2.0 and all of my custom settings are still gone from the menu. I have a backup so I guess I can pull from that. However, now everyone sounds like chipmonks on the audio! WTF! Is anyone else having this issue or can you give me an idea where to look to solve this?
Followup on the unresponisve controls after starting video. This is a random occurance, however resonably frequent. It was not the case with GIT.

Tried :

1) Fixed audio issues via configuration, didnt need spidf - unresponsivnes controls not fixed !
2) Used confluence in the same manner, no issues - stable
3) deleted guisettings xml - completely fresh and unresponsivnes controls not fixed !
4) deleted script.watchlist from addons folder - unresponsivnes controls not fixed !

Where to from here? -

delete script.randomandlastitems ?
delete script.randomitems ?
try more skins for extended periods ?

(2012-05-25, 03:34)Plirus Wrote: [ -> ]This is really odd. I've been using 3.0 git for some time now and read about the repo release. I started up XBMC switched over to Confluence and uninstalled my git version. Then went to get add ons to install the repo version, but in the list of available skins all I see is 2.0 and the git version. I thought perhaps it was just not fully updated and was mistakenly showing 2.0 so I installed that. That got me the old 2.0 version. I left it running a while to see if 3.0 would auto update like everyone else. Still not happening. Removed everything again, made sure there was nothing lingering in my user data folder and removed all references to aeon nox from guisettings.xml. Went to install again and still only see 2.0 and git. Where have I gone wrong here?

In the Add-ons menu, choose get add-ons and then scroll down to the xbmc.org-official repo and press 'c' to bring up context menu and force a refresh on the repo. After that you should notice that Nox is 3.0.

I echo sentiments of gratitude already expressed here to Phil65 and Big Noid for all of your time, skill and dedication in creating this skin.

Have enjoyed installing and testing the many iterations of Aeon Nox GIT and configuring the myriad of options you have enabled for us.

I consider myself a skin whore as I can't seem to settle on just one and love to install and play around with them all. However Aeon Nox 3 has won me over for ease of use, customisation and aesthetics.

Best of wishes Phil65 in completing your thesis, hope your absence from these pages isn't a long one.
(2012-05-24, 23:30)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]do you have logging enabled by default in advancedsettings by any chance? If so could you provide the xbmc.old.log (assuming you haven't restarted XBMC twice)?

When I get back home I'll check this for you. Don't have access to it now
Congrats on an outstanding release.

My favorite aspect is the intuitive configuration behavior of complex settings. I also like the feeling that the skin has just the right balance between simplicity and extensive customization options.

Thanks again for your hard work.
I like the skin update lots of new features, just one question is there an option to enable tv show logo to show up in the lowlist view because it doesn't show up anymore when im browsing a tv show in the lowlist viewtype or was this disabled all together with this update I sure hope not Undecided
So I turned on XBMC today and was surprised to have a Nox 3.0 update. I've taken a look around the new skin, and I like how most of the viewtype options are now within the library view instead of in the settings section where they don't make as much sense. There seems to be one option missing in 3.0 that is the reason that I choose to use Nox over every other skin, and that's "use New icon as unwatched". I see that there's an option to have an unwatched counter on the left side of each banner in the TV show library, but the numbers are far too small for me to see easily, and having the "New" icon show up on shows that have unwatched episodes is the best way to easily see if new episodes were added to the library. Does the option still exist somewhere in the skin?

Thanks...
(2012-05-25, 04:40)knewknow Wrote: [ -> ]So I turned on XBMC today and was surprised to have a Nox 3.0 update. I've taken a look around the new skin, and I like how most of the viewtype options are now within the library view instead of in the settings section where they don't make as much sense. There seems to be one option missing in 3.0 that is the reason that I choose to use Nox over every other skin, and that's "use New icon as unwatched". I see that there's an option to have an unwatched counter on the left side of each banner in the TV show library, but the numbers are far too small for me to see easily, and having the "New" icon show up on shows that have unwatched episodes is the best way to easily see if new episodes were added to the library. Does the option still exist somewhere in the skin?

Thanks...

I too thought these numbers in the left for TV are a little too small... I would like them a little bit bigger so I can read it from my couch.
(2012-05-25, 04:43)crimsonfury Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-25, 04:40)knewknow Wrote: [ -> ]So I turned on XBMC today and was surprised to have a Nox 3.0 update. I've taken a look around the new skin, and I like how most of the viewtype options are now within the library view instead of in the settings section where they don't make as much sense. There seems to be one option missing in 3.0 that is the reason that I choose to use Nox over every other skin, and that's "use New icon as unwatched". I see that there's an option to have an unwatched counter on the left side of each banner in the TV show library, but the numbers are far too small for me to see easily, and having the "New" icon show up on shows that have unwatched episodes is the best way to easily see if new episodes were added to the library. Does the option still exist somewhere in the skin?

Thanks...

I too thought these numbers in the left for TV are a little too small... I would like them a little bit bigger so I can read it from my couch.

I'd say that the numbers would be ok if they just didn't show when there were "0" unwatched episodes in the series, but then when you go into the season or episode level, the unwatched flag doesn't exist anymore, so it's still not the same as "use new icon as unwatched".

Does anyone know how to get the weather back on the main screen when you are over the weather label? With the new skin I have to select it instead of it just showing up (see screenshot)

Also, how can I get the font on the main bar back to the nice smaller font instead of the default font? (see screenshot) I can't figure out how I changed the font before. I've tried settings everywhere...

http://4hi.us/xbmc/old.jpg
I apologize from the outset because I know I'm complaining about something given to me for free. I hope I can be at least marginally constructive.

I've rolled back to 2.0. My foremost reason is I loved Panel view for TV series list. I didn't like any of the options in 3.0.

One of my biggest complaints about many skins now is the included glaringly ugly "WARNING Mouse not supported please disable" pointer. I understand the mouse is not supported, but with my gyration remote I like to be able to tell where my mouse is from across the room on my multi-monitor setup and it is occasionally useful for using the top bar controls while watching video. I had previously made a replacement custom pointer, but that seems to have been lost in the update. I feel that there is a disconnect in the thought process which assumes that people will know enough to turn auto-update off (a feature I never knew existed) and yet not know enough to see that using their mouse doesn't seem to be working very well. Better said: why idiot proof a totally benign annoyance while doing nothing to prevent what has turned out to be a least a somewhat significant inconvenience to many people?

XBMC may well be my favorite program ever, and Windows may be my least favorite program ever, but at least Windows asks me if I would like to update and warns me that doing so may cause me to lose settings and customizations. In all my experience with IT professionals and the computer savvy one of the biggest pet peeves has always been forced unwanted changes. Might I suggest the implementation of a pop-up that informs of an update, warns against customization losses and then ASKS whether to upgrade.

I truly appreciate all the hard work from everyone involved in this amazing project. I hope any criticisms are taken in a constructive manner and I'll have made some tiny contribution rather than taken for insult and dismissed outright. Constructive criticisms may not always feel great, but when heeded almost always lead to doing better work. Thank you all once again.
(2012-05-25, 05:02)af32af Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know how to get the weather back on the main screen when you are over the weather label? With the new skin I have to select it instead of it just showing up (see screenshot)

Also, how can I get the font on the main bar back to the nice smaller font instead of the default font? (see screenshot) I can't figure out how I changed the font before. I've tried settings everywhere...

http://4hi.us/xbmc/old.jpg

For your weather you have to go into the widget customizer in settings. Select Weather choose the widget you want, which would be the weather widget. Tada! Back to how it was

Far as the font, there are no options to change it. Doing so will require you to mod stuff.
(2012-05-25, 05:05)Rygrath Wrote: [ -> ]Far as the font, there are no options to change it. Doing so will require you to mod stuff.

Does this mean this option was removed in 3.0? Because I didn't mod anything with the font in 2.0 at all.
(2012-05-25, 05:03)spartacus51 Wrote: [ -> ]I apologize from the outset because I know I'm complaining about something given to me for free. I hope I can be at least marginally constructive.

I've rolled back to 2.0. My foremost reason is I loved Panel view for TV series list. I didn't like any of the options in 3.0.

One of my biggest complaints about many skins now is the included glaringly ugly "WARNING Mouse not supported please disable" pointer. I understand the mouse is not supported, but with my gyration remote I like to be able to tell where my mouse is from across the room on my multi-monitor setup and it is occasionally useful for using the top bar controls while watching video. I had previously made a replacement custom pointer, but that seems to have been lost in the update. I feel that there is a disconnect in the thought process which assumes that people will know enough to turn auto-update off (a feature I never knew existed) and yet not know enough to see that using their mouse doesn't seem to be working very well. Better said: why idiot proof a totally benign annoyance while doing nothing to prevent what has turned out to be a least a somewhat significant inconvenience to many people?

XBMC may well be my favorite program ever, and Windows may be my least favorite program ever, but at least Windows asks me if I would like to update and warns me that doing so may cause me to lose settings and customizations. In all my experience with IT professionals and the computer savvy one of the biggest pet peeves has always been forced unwanted changes. Might I suggest the implementation of a pop-up that informs of an update, warns against customization losses and then ASKS whether to upgrade.

I truly appreciate all the hard work from everyone involved in this amazing project. I hope any criticisms are taken in a construction manner and I'll have made some tiny contribution rather than taken for insult and dismissed outright. Constructive criticisms may not always feel great, but when heeded almost always lead to doing better work. Thank you all once again.

You may want to send this post to the XBMC suggestions forum. Since skin makers have absolutely zero control over XBMC's auto updates. Posting your very valid criticism here will only get lost in the thread and probably not seen by eyes it should be seen by.

Far as the mouse thing, since the very first Aeon build back in the years, it's always been made clear it wasn't designed for a mouse. This has carried over almost every iteration of Aeon that has come and gone. Think MQ3 might be the first and only that did away with the warning message. That said, if you look in the release candidate thread you'll find where someone mentioned which graphic file you had to change to lose the warning. Just do a search for mouse and it should come up, it was towards the later posts.

The warning was done that way because of a great sea of posts complaining how poor Aeon was to use with a mouse, versus the very small amount of people that managed to make it work for them. Can't please everyone sadly.
(2012-05-25, 05:07)af32af Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-25, 05:05)Rygrath Wrote: [ -> ]Far as the font, there are no options to change it. Doing so will require you to mod stuff.

Does this mean this option was removed in 3.0? Because I didn't mod anything with the font in 2.0 at all.

Far as I know it was a design decision to use the current font because most believed it to be superior to the old. You can try the different main menu settings "Classic, Nox and Glass" and see if there's one you want. Supporting more than one font for every language out there is far too great a task too ask of skinners. Like I said previously.. can't please everyone Smile