Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-07-02, 07:09)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]Correction:

Extrafanart needs to be in each movie folder on your drive an no where else.
Yes your drives will spin up. No you can't do anything about that IF you want extrafanart.
XBMC pre-Frode 12 won't make any difference on that matter IIRC

Thank You for answer. So it is as I feared, I guess - no extrafanart for me Sad

Can I ask to elaborate how extrafanart exactly works? Is it an XBMC core feature or is it user created sript or somesuch? Does it scan the movie/tvshow folder for extrafanart folder on browse?
Could this current functionality be changed/improved by a script? I would probably try to look it this in the future. I love extrafanart, but its just unusable with 20+ sleeping drives Sad
(2012-07-02, 07:32)cryodream Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-02, 07:09)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]Correction:

Extrafanart needs to be in each movie folder on your drive an no where else.
Yes your drives will spin up. No you can't do anything about that IF you want extrafanart.
XBMC pre-Frode 12 won't make any difference on that matter IIRC

Thank You for answer. So it is as I feared, I guess - no extrafanart for me Sad

Can I ask to elaborate how extrafanart exactly works? Is it an XBMC core feature or is it user created sript or somesuch? Does it scan the movie/tvshow folder for extrafanart folder on browse?
Could this current functionality be changed/improved by a script? I would probably try to look it this in the future. I love extrafanart, but its just unusable with 20+ sleeping drives Sad

a workaround would be possible, you´d have to adjust it to the same way like it is handled for music extra artwork. (-->folder set by skin/movie title/logo.png etc) would need to adjust skin code, no scripting. but since it is a bit more work i won´t help you with that, sorry.
@phil65 Thank You for explanations.

Extrafanart and logos have been here for quite some time. Can I ask, why all these images are still not being cached by XBMC by default? I mean, there's probably many many people by now running big media servers at home, who would run into the same exact problem.
I am not a skilled programmer, I just dabble as a hobby, so please be gentle Smile I mean, I would be willing to write a script to cache all the unsupported art to the local thumbs cache, probably use an additional sqlite db to keep track if need be. Could this be a solution? I'm asking, because maybe there is some major reason for not doing that (just thinking, how nobody still haven't done it)? Is it a space wasting concern (all those many many additional images would accumulate to some GBs I guess) or is it something else?
(2012-07-02, 08:21)cryodream Wrote: [ -> ]@phil65 Thank You for explanations.

Extrafanart and logos have been here for quite some time. Can I ask, why all these images are still not being cached by XBMC by default? I mean, there's probably many many people by now running big media servers at home, who would run into the same exact problem.
I am not a skilled programmer, I just dabble as a hobby, so please be gentle Smile I mean, I would be willing to write a script to cache all the unsupported art to the local thumbs cache, probably use an additional sqlite db to keep track if need be. Could this be a solution? I'm asking, because maybe there is some major reason for not doing that (just thinking, how nobody still haven't done it)? Is it a space wasting concern (all those many many additional images would accumulate to some GBs I guess) or is it something else?

Agreed, they have been around for a long time.

However, they make the program as lightweight as possible. Caching both Extrafanart (some movies have over 100), logos, clearart, characterart, landscape, and banner files would require extensive coding, Also the Officially backed skin (Confluence) makes no use of these extra files
(2012-06-30, 11:51)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]Inspiration taken from leepenny's genre backdrops, interactive cases background for home. What you see are the 10 most recently added movies:

Great job but is it possible to have resolution case (Bluray / DVD case) instead of clear case ?
Does this feature is available for music (with 10 most recently added albums and CD case) ?
Does this feature work with smart playlist to to get background with custom menus

(2012-07-02, 12:07)mikebzh44 Wrote: [ -> ]Great job but is it possible to have resolution case (Bluray / DVD case) instead of clear case ?
Does this feature is available for music (with 10 most recently added albums and CD case) ?
Does this feature work with smart playlist to to get background with custom menus

It's not possible to use bluray/dvd cases cause there's no resolution tag available in recently added infolabels. Also, personally I prefer the clear cases especially in this case as they allow to see more of the underlying covers.
CD Cases are also available as of yesterday for recent/random albums and songs and most played albums.
Custom items are not yet available. Will be in the future but its a bit more work to add.
If you use default script, you don't have resolution tag but if you use my script :

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=122448

you have the information Big Grin
today i have set the amazing "live dvd cases" background i really appreciate this new feature thank you BN.
but i have a request: it will be possible to add "random" as content to set.
in the meantime a found that with now playng music widget on and other widget off the "show widget" button is overlapped to the nowplayng widget (a image is better then 100 words)........

peppe
I have a problem with this installation. I upgraded from Beta, to 3.01 and ever since then I have the following two things happen:

1. Black screen with a spinning circle - spins almost 2 minutes sometimes.
2. A widget box open up "Person results for "born today, 10, random"" popping up.

Is there anyway to reset the skin or at least fix those problems?

Thank you.
Screenshot of live cd cases:

@peppe: featured movies = random movies

@marcus:
1: this should last 10 sec tops, if not press any key to forward the screen.
2: I think this was solved with the latest metadata actor script.

@mikebzh: True, but that would only work then with custom items. Like I said, not a big fan of the bluray/dvd cases, but I'll have a look at it.
No, my script can run on default library as well as on smart playlist Big Grin

But I known that some people will love realistic case (blue one for Bluray, ...) and other will love minimalist clear case. It will be hard to make everybody happy. But it's an amazing skin !!!

I love the dynamic background for CDs Love
(2012-07-02, 16:47)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]@peppe: featured movies = random movies

oops.........Angel
i read both random that featured so i thought they were differents.
for featured i think we was talking about "best".
the live cd case is great i will set as default on my xbmc.
now you have to do the one for pictures maybe using the mypic database script Nod
peppe

I like the clear cases Smile
All my media is HD so i already know if it was bluray.
excelent work on this new dynamic background! congratulations!!!!!
I have a bug when I'm on the bottom widget I try pressing up to get to menu but it don't work especially when the menu has a sub menu.