Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-06-06, 12:31)ReducedToZero Wrote: [ -> ]@phil65,

This commit: 00c220d50a7d91e2fb860d4a46d3bd86e5a94611 caused my home screen settings (widgets / backgrounds / entries) to reset to defaults.

Figured it was worth a mention.

link doesn´t exist

if people think settings are reset: master branch returned to old setting naming scheme again (without Nox. as prefix)
will be changed back for release.
nothing gets reset.
if you do not like that, don´t use GIT.
(2012-06-06, 12:41)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]link doesn´t exist

The joys of the Forum assuming all posted SHAs are to the XBMC Repo Wink Fixed (it was this one).

Quote:if people think settings are reset: master branch returned to old setting naming scheme again (without Nox. as prefix)
nothing gets reset.

Totally, GIT is expected to break, however looked like a possible bug (No settings reversion in change log etc.),

Just so us early adopters / watchers know, do you not want anything reported currently? (don't want to waste any ones time) Smile

(2012-06-06, 12:57)ReducedToZero Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-06, 12:41)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]link doesn´t exist

The joys of the Forum assuming all posted SHAs are to the XBMC Repo Wink Fixed (it was this one).

Quote:if people think settings are reset: master branch returned to old setting naming scheme again (without Nox. as prefix)
nothing gets reset.

Totally, GIT is expected to break, however looked like a possible bug (No settings reversion in change log etc.),

Just so us early adopters / watchers know, do you not want anything reported currently? (don't want to waste any ones time) Smile

no, it was this one.

widget stuff is WIP, feel free to report everything else.
(2012-06-06, 13:04)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]no, it was this one.

Gah, only kicked in at that Polish strings commit for me,

That'll teach me to look back further in the commit logs Blush

Quote:widget stuff is WIP, feel free to report everything else.

Cool, noted Cool
Is there a way for Nox, while installing to disable addons by default? so if we want to use them we can enable them?

I ask because I love this skin but i use it on ATV2 and most of the addonds/scripts that constantly run crash it, and with each update they get re-added. This is mainly for addons/scripts with no way to disable other than deleting like watchlist and random.

EDIT: or not install them unless the widget that uses them is activated?
(2012-06-06, 14:42)three80 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way for Nox, while installing to disable addons by default? so if we want to use them we can enable them?

I ask because I love this skin but i use it on ATV2 and most of the addonds/scripts that constantly run crash it, and with each update they get re-added. This is mainly for addons/scripts with no way to disable other than deleting like watchlist and random.

EDIT: or not install them unless the widget that uses them is activated?

no, not possible.
Oh well, can't blame a cat for hoping. Still a great skin,

Tho may I ask is that a skin or xbmc thing?

EDIT: How is it different from choosing a skin option that requires artwork downloader and it saying it "that option requires artwork downloader"?
(2012-06-06, 15:28)three80 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh well, can't blame a cat for hoping. Still a great skin,

Tho may I ask is that a skin or xbmc thing?

EDIT: How is it different from choosing a skin option that requires artwork downloader and it saying it "that option requires artwork downloader"?

we cannot start the install process of add-ons manually, only on skin installation. and watchlist / randomitems for example cannot be installed from xbmc repo manually. artwork downloader can.
Ah okay, makes sense.

Do you know of a way to make them not update/install on skin updates?
(2012-06-06, 15:57)three80 Wrote: [ -> ]Ah okay, makes sense.

Do you know of a way to make them not update/install on skin updates?

de-activate auto-update. no other way possible atm.
I did that, but on the new skin update it will still install the addons.
(2012-06-06, 06:26)DigiTech Wrote: [ -> ]anyone knows how to been able to see song lyrics in aeon nox? i have xbmc lyrics installed but i dont know how to enable them, maybe somebody can help?

pleaseBig Grin
(2012-06-06, 16:09)DigiTech Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-06, 06:26)DigiTech Wrote: [ -> ]anyone knows how to been able to see song lyrics in aeon nox? i have xbmc lyrics installed but i dont know how to enable them, maybe somebody can help?

pleaseBig Grin

Wasn't xbmc lyrics depricated in favor of culyrics?
I must say kudos to the Big Noid and Phil65. After 2 weeks of using this skin I'm absolutely in love with it Wink I was an MQ user but this skin has made me switch, never liked Nox 2.0 because it was too messy. But now 3.0 is so clean compared to 2.0 and MQ. And I must say that you guys are absolutely did a great job but also the support you are providing to everyone else who has an issue / question. Unfortunately that is not something that all skin devs do and I must say that this is much appreciated probably by everyone.
(2012-06-06, 12:31)ReducedToZero Wrote: [ -> ]@phil65,

This commit: here caused my home screen settings (widgets / backgrounds / entries) to reset to defaults.

Figured it was worth a mention.

Happened to me as well.