Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when I add a fanart to a submenu, and open a window with the submenu, that's the fanart of the menu in the window not the fanart of the submenu, can you make something for that like in Glass?
(2012-06-16, 15:47)fmronan Wrote: [ -> ]when I add a fanart to a submenu, and open a window with the submenu, that's the fanart of the menu in the window not the fanart of the submenu, can you make something for that like in Glass?

no. not needed.
(2012-06-16, 11:43)simonk83 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-16, 11:41)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]choose type --> custom --> enter
Code:
ActivateWindow(videolibrary,MovieSets,return)
--> set label --> Sets --> done.

Ohhhh... right, thanks Wink

or use latest GIT version if you want to try out a bit. that submenu item is included there by default. (along with a lot of new options / improvements)
sure that's better if I add a fanart for my children in the submenu, I prefere this fanart for him in the mymovienav.xml
(2012-06-16, 16:14)fmronan Wrote: [ -> ]sure that's better if I add a fanart for my children in the submenu, I prefere this fanart for him in the mymovienav.xml

then better organize fanart for all your kids movies Wink
would need setting additional window properties just to know how you entered the video area.
feel free to do it in your mod. i won´t start to solve problems like in glass. nox code should stay readable Wink
Quote:nox code should stay readable
I started coding with Influence Skin, after two years is it Glass, and I learn.
and if I want to use Aeon for Frodo that's because it is better encoded.

I'll ask you before making my changes and if you do not want it of course I'll add them in my mod
(2012-06-16, 16:30)fmronan Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:nox code should stay readable
I started coding with Influence Skin, after two years is it Glass, and I learn.
and if I want to use Aeon for Frodo that's because it is better encoded.

I'll ask you before making my changes and if you do not want it of course I'll add them in my mod

feel free to do that. i strongly recommend to use github if you want to keep up to date with our updates more easily.
There isn't no more property in glass for that just a scriptBlush
(2012-06-16, 16:33)fmronan Wrote: [ -> ]There isn't no more property in glass for that just a scriptBlush

even worse. custom skin scripts aren´t allowed for official repo skins if I´m not mistaken.
and your script won´t work without adjustments, our bg system is very different compared to all other skins out there.
Quote:even worse. custom skin scripts aren´t allowed for official repo skins if I´m not mistaken.
that's why Glass stay in repo passion
(2012-06-16, 16:38)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-16, 16:33)fmronan Wrote: [ -> ]There isn't no more property in glass for that just a scriptBlush

even worse. custom skin scripts aren´t allowed for official repo skins if I´m not mistaken.
and your script won´t work without adjustments, our bg system is very different compared to all other skins out there.

Script are allowed but not within a skin. They need to be seperated. You can made a request to add that script to repo and then a skin can use that.
Just the same as Watchlist and Artist Slideshow works
(2012-06-16, 16:49)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-16, 16:38)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]

Script are allowed but not within a skin. They need to be seperated. You can made a request to add that script to repo and then a skin can use that.

but does that also apply to small skin-specific scripts?
it seems as if nessus had to remove the xperience1080 scripts for example.
(2012-06-16, 16:54)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-16, 16:49)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-16, 16:38)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]even worse. custom skin scripts aren´t allowed for official repo skins if I´m not mistaken.

The rules a pretty clear:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Off..._for_skins

Quote:Skins must not include any scripts or plugins. If you need a script, submit it separately and depend on it.
There are many scripts in Glass (14) and I can't make 14 addons just for me
(2012-06-16, 17:06)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-16, 16:54)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-16, 16:49)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]Script are allowed but not within a skin. They need to be seperated. You can made a request to add that script to repo and then a skin can use that.

The rules a pretty clear:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Off..._for_skins

Quote:Skins must not include any scripts or plugins. If you need a script, submit it separately and depend on it.

that´s a "yes"?
(2012-06-16, 17:11)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]that´s a "yes"?
Yes skins may use script but you need them as a separate add-on module to the repo.
I think nessus had scripts inside the skin folder structure and that wasn't allowed.
So if you need a small script for a skin you can do a PR for it following the normal add-on guidelines.

That is how Watchlist started out. Just a small script that has grown much larger