Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-07-15, 03:56)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-15, 03:25)Shinu Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-15, 03:13)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]those are normal logs, not debug logs.

oops... http://pastebin.com/NeSjJgZE

hmm doesn´t show anything useful for me on first sight... probably best to open a new thread in general xbmc section with an exact description of your problem.
did you try a clean install?

no, but after an exhaustive trouble shooting session, i believe that the problem was with the logo.png file. i think there was some sort of bug in it that caused the program to crash when trying to read it. the reason it didn't crash in Metropolis was because the viewtype i used didn't display the series logo. i'll monitor things for a while to make sure that was really the problem. thx for the assist phil Smile
(2012-07-15, 04:28)Shinu Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-15, 03:56)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-15, 03:25)Shinu Wrote: [ -> ]oops... http://pastebin.com/NeSjJgZE

hmm doesn´t show anything useful for me on first sight... probably best to open a new thread in general xbmc section with an exact description of your problem.
did you try a clean install?

no, but after an exhaustive trouble shooting session, i believe that the problem was with the logo.png file. i think there was some sort of bug in it that caused the program to crash when trying to read it. the reason it didn't crash in Metropolis was because the viewtype i used didn't display the series logo. i'll monitor things for a while to make sure that was really the problem. thx for the assist phil Smile

lookin at the logs again, yes, that would make sense. there are some jpg decoding errors in there.
@BigNoid / Phil

Would it be possible that you change the below view. When using it with trailers the red curtain wallpaper in the lower right is kinda ruining this view when using it with Trailers. Because none of those trailers have fanart. Would it be possible to change it to the poster or even turn it off?

I kinda like the curtain....

but it would be great if you could change the font colour of the highlighted text in the music artist info. At the moment it's just a slightly brighter white and it's hard to spot when going across from refresh to search on youtube. Could it possibly match the selected skin colour?

(2012-07-15, 11:48)RavenNL Wrote: [ -> ]@BigNoid / Phil

Would it be possible that you change the below view. When using it with trailers the red curtain wallpaper in the lower right is kinda ruining this view when using it with Trailers. Because none of those trailers have fanart. Would it be possible to change it to the poster or even turn it off?

maybe replace it with the addon fanart if no movie fanart is available?
(2012-07-15, 13:45)emptyhead Wrote: [ -> ]I kinda like the curtain....

It's not the curtain itself, but like i mentioned is when you have this view turned on for the movie trailers, and you start to browse through them. You see the curtain fanart (Lower right corner, not the background) every time, which kinda ruines it. If you have this view with normal movies, then the fanart will be shown.

(2012-07-15, 13:56)krish_2k4 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-15, 11:48)RavenNL Wrote: [ -> ]@BigNoid / Phil

maybe replace it with the addon fanart if no movie fanart is available?

That might match funny though. Maybe if something has to be done, perhaps just remove it altogether and allow the plot to be larger.
I love this Skin very very much but what about the new Background Images?
First off i am loving this skin more every day. Esp the new changes seems to be coming along great.

One quick question finally i was able to sync up my library across my XBMC installations only thing i am not able to do or figure out is the "In Progress" widget does not get updated if i watch a movie in one location and look in the other location it is not updated. But it does get updated if i restart xbmc. Is there anyway we can do this without restarting XBMC?

Thanks
(2012-07-15, 15:46)hunkyn Wrote: [ -> ]First off i am loving this skin more every day. Esp the new changes seems to be coming along great.

One quick question finally i was able to sync up my library across my XBMC installations only thing i am not able to do or figure out is the "In Progress" widget does not get updated if i watch a movie in one location and look in the other location it is not updated. But it does get updated if i restart xbmc. Is there anyway we can do this without restarting XBMC?

Thanks

the script stays active in the bg, so it should update automatically. if not then the script does not work properly.
(2012-07-15, 15:48)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-15, 15:46)hunkyn Wrote: [ -> ]First off i am loving this skin more every day. Esp the new changes seems to be coming along great.

Thanks

the script stays active in the bg, so it should update automatically. if not then the script does not work properly.

Hmm. It does not do it. I tried to look in the logs but nothing about it. Will a debug log show this info? I will try looking into it more when i get back home.
(2012-07-15, 15:51)hunkyn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-15, 15:48)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks

Hmm. It does not do it. I tried to look in the logs but nothing about it. Will a debug log show this info? I will try looking into it more when i get back home.

the debug log probably won´t tell us anything helpful (would need some debugging stuff in the script which probably isn´t there)
better post in the watchllist add-on thread with a detailled description of your problem
(2012-07-15, 15:54)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-15, 15:51)hunkyn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-15, 15:48)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]the script stays active in the bg, so it should update automatically. if not then the script does not work properly.

the debug log probably won´t tell us anything helpful (would need some debugging stuff in the script which probably isn´t there)
better post in the watchllist add-on thread with a detailled description of your problem

That's because the script in one location does not know that it has been watched on the other one.
This can't be auto updated and you need to manually refresh the script
(2012-07-15, 16:44)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-15, 15:54)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-15, 15:51)hunkyn Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm. It does not do it. I tried to look in the logs but nothing about it. Will a debug log show this info? I will try looking into it more when i get back home.

That's because the script in one location does not know that it has been watched on the other one.
This can't be auto updated and you need to manually refresh the script

no, it should work without manual triggering.
(2011-12-08, 22:12)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]here's the current logic:
- skin runs the script
- script will keep running in the background and monitor for playback ended/stopped notifications
(nothing new so far)
- if the script is executed again, either by the same skin or another skin,
the script will run again and kill the previous instance of the script.

for those who want a property to check if the script is running,
it's there, but not needed at all by the skin.
it's solely used by the script to check if it's already running.

Window(Home).Property(Watchlist_Running)
will be True when running, empty if not.
(2012-07-15, 03:02)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]very nice, that´s exactly what i wanted Smile would be nice if you could talk about it as if it was final, not the git version since this should become part of the official repo version
apart from that, very very nice work and greatly appreciated. thx.

Here are two more:

This details "Near Concerts" and a few of the Album/Artist/Song widgets
http://youtu.be/YoxoMkdoJio

and

this does "Actors Born Today" and Latest movies/Random movies/In Progress widgets
http://youtu.be/OoJD83ytpTw