Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thank for this update. I love the new features. but I have a suggestion : Is it possible to add an option to allow "wall info" in music section like nox 2? The images of the artists had rounded edges and were centered (trimmed). I hope you understand my request. I am very bad in English.
Thank
Everything works fine for me. Time spent to get back my settings ok : 25min, so hard Smile

I followed enhancements for this skin with the git version, and it was like I expect.

Thank you guys!
Just thought I would throw in my thanks as well for this update. Overall the UI changes have greatly improved the experience, didn't take long to set it all up again either.
The update occurred today while my wife was at home sick, needless to say she was quite confused, but after reading the OP I can see why all the settings were suddenly changed.

Most of the changes are great, I particularly like being able to change the bars at the top, and the way the video library settings are sorted makes a lot of sense.

A few annoyances though, I find the font is too skinny on my TV (I sit about 3m from a 55" screen), I'd prefer the font to be wider (note that I do like this font and it's readable from this distance, just too skinny). The arrows in video library view are annoying, the menu indicator is REALLY annoying to me (it used to be something you could disable), I think it's horrible. Also, when looking at watched videos only, the count of watched is still off (if you have 100 videos and 50 watched, it says total 50, unwatched 50) - this has been a longstanding bug for me. The weather icon also doesn't make it's way into the video library view (but is fine on the main menu). Scrolling in BigFan view also feels slower, not sure if this is something I could change.

While I'm at it, I'd love to be able to disable the rounded corners on posters in BigFan view, I think it would look a lot slicker. Also, I flatten all my TV series, so the episode number (which I had disabled) is not really useful, but having the full season/episode on the title was helpful, now that's gone.

Edit: It also seems to forget my multi image background settings on movies and TV on the main menu.
Just wanted to say thanks for this great skin. Tried a LOT of skins using XBMC since the old xbox version, but since Aeon Nox 2.0 I've never moved away.

Keep up the good work!
The option to hide the season poster in the tv episode is gone since the release. It was there in the candidate. Is there any chance of putting it back?
(2012-05-25, 05:07)af32af Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-25, 05:05)Rygrath Wrote: [ -> ]Far as the font, there are no options to change it. Doing so will require you to mod stuff.

Does this mean this option was removed in 3.0? Because I didn't mod anything with the font in 2.0 at all.

yes, removed.
(2012-05-25, 09:56)bob_loblaw Wrote: [ -> ]The update occurred today while my wife was at home sick, needless to say she was quite confused, but after reading the OP I can see why all the settings were suddenly changed.

Most of the changes are great, I particularly like being able to change the bars at the top, and the way the video library settings are sorted makes a lot of sense.

A few annoyances though, I find the font is too skinny on my TV (I sit about 3m from a 55" screen), I'd prefer the font to be wider (note that I do like this font and it's readable from this distance, just too skinny). The arrows in video library view are annoying, the menu indicator is REALLY annoying to me (it used to be something you could disable), I think it's horrible. Also, when looking at watched videos only, the count of watched is still off (if you have 100 videos and 50 watched, it says total 50, unwatched 50) - this has been a longstanding bug for me. The weather icon also doesn't make it's way into the video library view (but is fine on the main menu). Scrolling in BigFan view also feels slower, not sure if this is something I could change.

While I'm at it, I'd love to be able to disable the rounded corners on posters in BigFan view, I think it would look a lot slicker. Also, I flatten all my TV series, so the episode number (which I had disabled) is not really useful, but having the full season/episode on the title was helpful, now that's gone.

Edit: It also seems to forget my multi image background settings on movies and TV on the main menu.

Fonts have been covered quite a few times in development. They decided to go with this one as it more closely matched the original Aeon font. Personally I like the skinny look from my 55" screen. It's been mentioned a few times it's not going to change, too much work to keep different fonts updated with different languages.. it's a beast to manage.

The navigation tips on the Main Menu can be disabled. Right under "Customize Home furniture", move up to the navigation tip, hit enter choose disable.. done.

For the navigation arrow in library view, not sure why people consider this remotely annoying, half the time I don't even notice it's there, completely tuned out. To find it horrible is a bit of a stretch really. How is a little tip that's only a few pixels wide and doesn't cover up much of anything "horrible"? Confused I guess it goes to show the differences of opinions everyone has and why it's nigh impossible for a skinner to make the "perfect" skin. Thankfully it's all open source and we are free to mod it to our hearts content.

People here have found it helpful But, if it's that big a deal to the point it's annoying you that much, on page 4, Phil65 has already shown how to remove it
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1110636

So before tossing out harsh criticisms like that, at least take a little effort to see if those points have already been brought up and answered. One is just a setup option you missed, other a code change that's easy to do.

Just did side by side comparisons of Big Fan view 2.0 vs 3.0. They slide exactly the same as far as I could tell. You sure it's different on your end?

The mini weather icon isn't showing up here, but to be fair I haven't noticed it. Not showing on main menu either, but don't know if this was intended.

Also people should keep in mind, 3.0 was designed to remove all the myriad of random options that was starting to build up as BN tried to please everyone. It does nothing but create confusion as to what options do and bloats the skin. Options are now more stream lined and very intuitive. For what they gave up in 2.0 they more than made up for in 3.0 and it's new features.
Perhaps 'horrible' is a bit harsh, but I really like the more minimal look of BigFan, so anything getting in the way I consider clutter. I found the up/down option for the Main Menu and disabled that, but was referring to the thing on the left in video library. If you can disable that thing on the main menu, why not in video library? Seems inconsistent to me...

As far as the font is concerned, I rolled back to 2.0 to compare and I like the design of the 3.0 font better, but find the 2.0 more readable as on 3.0 the lack of spacing makes it more difficult to make out the words, particularly since the skin insists on capital letters everywhere, which are more difficult to read than mixed case.

For the scrolling speed, I think that's my system - it was ultra fast yesterday, and merely quick today. Odd! No idea why but it doesn't seem skin related (the system can handle it just fine).

I'll check out that tip for hiding the menu indicator too, thanks!

Any idea on the incorrect number of total/unwatched episodes in the video library view? Is this a known issue?
(2012-05-25, 05:03)spartacus51 Wrote: [ -> ]I apologize from the outset because I know I'm complaining about something given to me for free. I hope I can be at least marginally constructive.

I've rolled back to 2.0. My foremost reason is I loved Panel view for TV series list. I didn't like any of the options in 3.0.

One of my biggest complaints about many skins now is the included glaringly ugly "WARNING Mouse not supported please disable" pointer. I understand the mouse is not supported, but with my gyration remote I like to be able to tell where my mouse is from across the room on my multi-monitor setup and it is occasionally useful for using the top bar controls while watching video. I had previously made a replacement custom pointer, but that seems to have been lost in the update. I feel that there is a disconnect in the thought process which assumes that people will know enough to turn auto-update off (a feature I never knew existed) and yet not know enough to see that using their mouse doesn't seem to be working very well. Better said: why idiot proof a totally benign annoyance while doing nothing to prevent what has turned out to be a least a somewhat significant inconvenience to many people?

XBMC may well be my favorite program ever, and Windows may be my least favorite program ever, but at least Windows asks me if I would like to update and warns me that doing so may cause me to lose settings and customizations. In all my experience with IT professionals and the computer savvy one of the biggest pet peeves has always been forced unwanted changes. Might I suggest the implementation of a pop-up that informs of an update, warns against customization losses and then ASKS whether to upgrade.

I truly appreciate all the hard work from everyone involved in this amazing project. I hope any criticisms are taken in a constructive manner and I'll have made some tiny contribution rather than taken for insult and dismissed outright. Constructive criticisms may not always feel great, but when heeded almost always lead to doing better work. Thank you all once again.

1) We just do not support that. Period. IF some want to use it, then they should mod it. we want all those noob users to use remotes / keyboards.
2) people who are afraid of change should disable auto-update
3) you can still rollback and have everything the way it was before. so no customization losses. already explained x times in the thread here.
BTW, are there any plans to correctly support "Analog Seek" feature, i.e. when you can set a "jump interval" on a progress-bar before actually jumping to the necessary point of time? This feature works correctly with Confluence, but Aeon-Nox seems to have no support for it so this feature practically does not work.
(2012-05-25, 10:54)bob_loblaw Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps 'horrible' is a bit harsh, but I really like the more minimal look of BigFan, so anything getting in the way I consider clutter. I found the up/down option for the Main Menu and disabled that, but was referring to the thing on the left in video library. If you can disable that thing on the main menu, why not in video library? Seems inconsistent to me...

As far as the font is concerned, I rolled back to 2.0 to compare and I like the design of the 3.0 font better, but find the 2.0 more readable as on 3.0 the lack of spacing makes it more difficult to make out the words, particularly since the skin insists on capital letters everywhere, which are more difficult to read than mixed case.

For the scrolling speed, I think that's my system - it was ultra fast yesterday, and merely quick today. Odd! No idea why but it doesn't seem skin related (the system can handle it just fine).

I'll check out that tip for hiding the menu indicator too, thanks!

Any idea on the incorrect number of total/unwatched episodes in the video library view? Is this a known issue?

you probably didn´t even try the second fontset ("Classic"), did you?
incorrect number is a xbmc thing, not a sking thing.
(2012-05-25, 11:07)Roman_V_M Wrote: [ -> ]BTW, are there any plans to correctly support "Analog Seek" feature, i.e. when you can set a "jump interval" on a progress-bar before actually jumping to the necessary point of time? This feature works correctly with Confluence, but Aeon-Nox seems to have no support for it so this feature practically does not work.

don´t get what you mean.
Ah yeah, I kinda forgot in the Apperance settings you can go to Fonts and try Classic. The fonts are fatter. There is Default, Classic and Roboto. So a bit of choice in the fonts department. I've left mine at default for so long now it totally skipped my mind that that option was there.
(2012-05-25, 10:32)emptyhead Wrote: [ -> ]The option to hide the season poster in the tv episode is gone since the release. It was there in the candidate. Is there any chance of putting it back?

you mean for episode view? you have to toggle it off at season / tvshow level.
(2012-05-25, 06:00)BenAtNVS Wrote: [ -> ]Thank for this update. I love the new features. but I have a suggestion : Is it possible to add an option to allow "wall info" in music section like nox 2? The images of the artists had rounded edges and were centered (trimmed). I hope you understand my request. I am very bad in English.
Thank

no, don´t understand it.
(2012-05-25, 11:15)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-25, 10:32)emptyhead Wrote: [ -> ]The option to hide the season poster in the tv episode is gone since the release. It was there in the candidate. Is there any chance of putting it back?

you mean for episode view? you have to toggle it off at season / tvshow level.

Yep that did it. Many thanks for your awesome free skin without the corny countdown to release date.