Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
in media menu (left side)
thx..

is there anyway to have live tv to have options underneath it? if i go to try to edit in homescreen edits.. theres no options for me to do it.. like under tv shows it would have recent.. and would allow me to add custom stuff under it
(2012-07-05, 04:24)gman3042 Wrote: [ -> ]thx..

is there anyway to have live tv to have options underneath it? if i go to try to edit in homescreen edits.. theres no options for me to do it.. like under tv shows it would have recent.. and would allow me to add custom stuff under it

as you can probably see... no there isnĀ“t.
(2012-07-04, 22:57)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]for main menu: press up in customizer
song duration cannot get turned off atm, but will implement that perhaps.

(2012-07-04, 23:04)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]@RavenNL: Okay tried something else. I tried zooming and it would work if only the middle banner always has focus. Thats the only item it looks good on, but unfortunately such a list control is not available for us, so zooming is no option for me.

@mindweaver: in main menu customizer, press up for the now playing options. turn off audio visualization. The song duration is not optional on home screen, so that would have to be done by editing code.

EDIT: phil was faster Big Grin

Thank you both!

I can't get thumbs/miniatures to work in TV-SHOWS, landscape view. They work fine in other skins. Am I missing something? You can see that they are visible in the info pane.

And how do I get the info panel to read poster.jpg instead? The image aspect ratio is a bit off Huh
@mindweaver: the default thumb in landscape view is landscape.jpg for tvshows. To use poster.jpg for tvshows enable the corresponding option in the media menu while in tvshows section.
(2012-07-04, 23:04)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]@RavenNL: Okay tried something else. I tried zooming and it would work if only the middle banner always has focus. Thats the only item it looks good on, but unfortunately such a list control is not available for us, so zooming is no option for me.

Ok what about the following: No clue if it's possible or not Smile
What about the button press effect in reverse so instead of going down it comes up a bit and then pauses which ever show you have selected, this way it sticks out a bit and makes it easier to see where it is on the screen. Hope I'm a bit clear Wink
(2012-07-05, 08:55)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]@mindweaver: the default thumb in landscape view is landscape.jpg for tvshows. To use poster.jpg for tvshows enable the corresponding option in the media menu while in tvshows section.

Ok thanks. That will make it hard when changing between skins. But I guess I will have to live with that.

all other Aeon uses folder.jpg for thumb and poster.jpg for info panel.

So Nox uses landscape.jpg/poster.jpg for thumb and folder.jpg for info panel? Am I understanding you correctly? Smile
(2012-07-05, 08:56)RavenNL Wrote: [ -> ]

Ok what about the following: No clue if it's possible or not Smile
What about the button press effect in reverse so instead of going down it comes up a bit and then pauses which ever show you have selected, this way it sticks out a bit and makes it easier to see where it is on the screen. Hope I'm a bit clear Wink

That's what I was going for with my changes yesterday. I made the other banners look pressed and added a bordershadow to the focused one.

(2012-07-05, 09:01)mindweaver Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-05, 08:55)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]@mindweaver: the default thumb in landscape view is landscape.jpg for tvshows. To use poster.jpg for tvshows enable the corresponding option in the media menu while in tvshows section.

Ok thanks. That will make it hard when changing between skins. But I guess I will have to live with that.

all other Aeon uses folder.jpg for thumb and poster.jpg for info panel.

So Nox uses landscape.jpg/poster.jpg for thumb and folder.jpg for info panel? Am I understanding you correctly? Smile

We dont use folder.jpg at all as external art (well only for album thumbs). We use poster.jpg for all tv shows if the option is set and banner.jpg for banners if that option is set. If you run artwork downloader from the programs section it's easily done Wink
Quote:We dont use folder.jpg at all as external art (well only for album thumbs). We use poster.jpg for all tv shows if the option is set and banner.jpg for banners if that option is set. If you run artwork downloader from the programs section it's easily done Wink

ok, thank you for the lesson Smile

So I can't press <i> on a TV-SHOW in LANDSCAPE and choose Get thumb? Maybe that options should download and rename it to poster.jpg/banner.jpg or maybe just not be there for the lanscape view. quite confusing when you choose a thumb and it doesn't appear Smile
Yep, thats the disadvantage of external artwork. It's a hack after all. If you really want to have only posters for tv shows its much better to set the option in the scraper and disable poster.jpg. Faster thumb loading also. For the few banner views you can then eneable banner.jpg. Of course this means setting the native thumbs for your existing shows again.
Theres the get artwork button in video info though, you can choose your landscape.jpg and poster.jpg from there on a per tv show basis.

EDIT: I see, you have the landscape thumb as folder.jpg in your tv show folder root. That will be picked up by xbmc as native thumb when scraping regardless of your scraper setting unless you disable it in advancedsettings. That's the reason why we use landscape.jpg and not folder.jpg for landscape thumbs, or any external artwork.
Thank you Big_Noid for the guideance! folder.jpg copied and renamed to landscape.jpg. Now all works fine Smile
(2012-07-04, 16:28)peppe_sr Wrote: [ -> ]i set the live pictures as background, if i get "random pics" nox grabs my latest pic, if i set "latest pics" live pictures are empty. the widget works well both for latest that rando pics.
i can't use random live pictures.

today the live bg for pics is populated; it is always inverted (choosing random i have last and vice versa).
but is there an issue. it is not populated on startup of xbmc.
to popilate the live bg (i talk always and only for pics) i have to go in skin settings and "clik" on "choose background" in this way images appear, but i see always same images they don't change anymore, other live bg (music, movie) and widget are dynamics

(2012-07-04, 16:28)peppe_sr Wrote: [ -> ]is there a way to have a background (even the default) in photo's level, now it is all black.

for the second part of my post i try to put a fanart.jpg in first level of my pic folders but it ignored by the skin.

i always thank for your help.
peppe

@peppe_sr: Empty backgrounds should be fixed now. It will load the default pictures.jpg located in backgrounds folder.
good......
i always use passion repo's so i have to wait.

i found a thing. using the google weather add.on the bg weather based are not coherent with time. using the default weather add.on yes.
don't know if it is skin related.
peppe
Not skin related as we don't control what fanart code the add-on provides and we don't know how the images are called per user.