Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@Phil and bn

i have a problem with some of my movie files. I try to describe you my problem. When i open my video library view some of my movie files don´t show the DTS logo in the right corner. If i press i for info i don´t see the DTS logo. Then i play this movie and press info then in the right top corner i SEE the DTS logo. Then i take a look in my database file and see that the movies who dont show the logo in normal view have a codec called "a_dts" and not "dts" like the movie where all is ok. Could you or anyone other tell me which xml file i must modify to add the a_dts codec ?

Greets
Eisi
(2012-05-26, 11:58)Eisi2005 Wrote: [ -> ]@Phil and bn

i have a problem with some of my movie files. I try to describe you my problem. When i open my video library view some of my movie files don´t show the DTS logo in the right corner. If i press i for info i don´t see the DTS logo. Then i play this movie and press info then in the right top corner i SEE the DTS logo. Then i take a look in my database file and see that the movies who dont show the logo in normal view have a codec called "a_dts" and not "dts" like the movie where all is ok. Could you or anyone other tell me which xml file i must modify to add the a_dts codec ?

Greets
Eisi
Copy the dts flag and rename it to a_dts.png and add it to media/flags/audio
(2012-05-26, 10:38)esprit Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-26, 04:12)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-26, 04:10)thcnunz Wrote: [ -> ]No mine is - play a vid and it plays fine, just no control from remote or keyboard..

that one is known and is gettin investigated. i made a suggestion some pages back which people could try out to help us narrow down the problem, but it seems as if people do not want us to get that fixed.
I have just created one issue on github about this : https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/issues/255
If anyone else wants to add his log.

Please ask if you need more informations, I'll be glad to help.

Cheers, and nice job for 3.0 by the way ! Wink

+1, I have the same issue and log showing the same thing. Just honk if you need more info etc.

(2012-05-25, 13:31)muzzakus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-25, 13:13)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-25, 13:10)csdf Wrote: [ -> ]OK, here's a log covering the lack of control bug.
http://temp-share.com/show/YgFHKu2Ey

As a summary, at 14:18.05 I start playing a local file, which responds normally to controls and at 14:18.22 I stop the file playing.

At 14:19.02 I select a TED video using the TED plugin. This starts playing and I have no control over what happens until the file reaches its natural end at 14:26:23. During that time I am pressing keys on the remote control and on the computer keyboard, with no response from XBMC.

The remainder of the log covers me quitting XBMC.

(2012-05-25, 11:56)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]best for all people with those problems would be to create an issue on our github issues list and attach all your debug logs there so we don´t have to search all the threads when contacting the devs is needed for example.

(2012-05-25, 13:10)muzzakus Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, it's foreign to me. But I can post the exact version # that works, and the version # that is exhibiting the issue if that's helpful at all?

if you want to tell me that it works for 2.0 but not for 3.0, that´s not new to me. i would need a specific commit from 3.0 dev branch to narrow that down.

Haha, of course not, I'm referring to v3 GIT.

Here's the scoop....

v3 (Release) = loss of control
v3.0.0.1337798042 (GIT) = loss of control
v3.0.0.1337684870 (GIT) = functions correctly

Staying on that version till there's some breakthrough. Tried other skins and frankly I cant live without Nox. Wink

Where do I get that version

(2012-05-26, 13:23)phunqe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-26, 10:38)esprit Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-26, 04:12)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]that one is known and is gettin investigated. i made a suggestion some pages back which people could try out to help us narrow down the problem, but it seems as if people do not want us to get that fixed.
I have just created one issue on github about this : https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/issues/255
If anyone else wants to add his log.

Please ask if you need more informations, I'll be glad to help.

Cheers, and nice job for 3.0 by the way ! Wink

+1, I have the same issue and log showing the same thing. Just honk if you need more info etc.
There are some testing instructions posted at that issue if you want to help narrowing this down
(2012-05-26, 02:43)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]cheers,
your "antisocial basement-dweller"

ROFLMAO!!!!

Ha Ha Ha.. sorry been away for the last two weeks and just catching up with all the posts in the thread, and came across this.. absolutely hilarious response phil!!!
@BN

Thanks for the tip. All is fine now.

Very great work and the Best skin for me !!

Greets
Eisi
(2012-05-25, 13:10)csdf Wrote: [ -> ]OK, here's a log covering the lack of control bug.
http://temp-share.com/show/YgFHKu2Ey

As a summary, at 14:18.05 I start playing a local file, which responds normally to controls and at 14:18.22 I stop the file playing.

At 14:19.02 I select a TED video using the TED plugin. This starts playing and I have no control over what happens until the file reaches its natural end at 14:26:23. During that time I am pressing keys on the remote control and on the computer keyboard, with no response from XBMC.

The remainder of the log covers me quitting XBMC.

(2012-05-25, 11:56)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]best for all people with those problems would be to create an issue on our github issues list and attach all your debug logs there so we don´t have to search all the threads when contacting the devs is needed for example.

(2012-05-25, 13:10)muzzakus Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, it's foreign to me. But I can post the exact version # that works, and the version # that is exhibiting the issue if that's helpful at all?

if you want to tell me that it works for 2.0 but not for 3.0, that´s not new to me. i would need a specific commit from 3.0 dev branch to narrow that down.

Here's the scoop....

Staying on that version till there's some breakthrough. Tried other skins and frankly I cant live without Nox. Wink
Could you upload version v3.0.0.1337684870 (GIT) somewhere so I can grab it? That way I can check which rev it is.
(2012-05-26, 15:36)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]Could you upload version v3.0.0.1337684870 (GIT) somewhere so I can grab it? That way I can check which rev it is.
@BigNoid
Or make a diff out of it so you see what is different
(2012-05-26, 05:28)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-26, 05:25)Death-Axe Wrote: [ -> ]Using frodo for AE, as I said earlier.

yes. and i also stated several times that we do not support it. if you want to talk with others about frodo specific problems do it in a seperate thread please (although that doesn´t make too much sense IMO, you´ll just have to wait till they fix those bugs)
those posts only clutter release thread and could confuse others etc.

I see what you're saying, which is fair enough. all I am saying is: nox 3.0 is the only skin that breaks addons. 2.0 was fine, offical skin is fine, and I tried a bunch more which where fine. So nox 3 is doing something odd.

Might be good to nip it in the bud now instead of later when you will have to look into it.

Has something changed about the fonts? Im finding it looks not quite as nice and harder to read stuff, even when I changed font to 'classic' in appearance menu. Maybe just my imagination. I only use low list view.

The new 'Latest Movies' widget has the words 'Latest Movies' printed below the posters in tiny font. You can't read it on a TV, so when you have a label this small, you should just leave it out completely. It avoids eye strain.

Classic is very close to original font, but not exactly the same.
I disagree on the small label. It's supposed to be unintrusive, but readable if you want to know what the widget is. Most people will need to read that label only once.
(2012-05-26, 16:41)voochi Wrote: [ -> ]Has something changed about the fonts? Im finding it looks not quite as nice and harder to read stuff, even when I changed font to 'classic' in appearance menu. Maybe just my imagination. I only use low list view.

The new 'Latest Movies' widget has the words 'Latest Movies' printed below the posters in tiny font. You can't read it on a TV, so when you have a label this small, you should just leave it out completely. It avoids eye strain.

Agreed. Personally I don't see why the widgets need labels at all, "icon panel x" it looks like a place holder that got left behind. Imo. The new font does take a bit to get used too, but I think it looks nice.
(2012-05-26, 15:36)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]

Here's the scoop....

Could you upload version v3.0.0.1337684870 (GIT) somewhere so I can grab it? That way I can check which rev it is.

Certainly. I have been using it sucesfully without issue since my previous post. Grab from here : v3.0.0.1337684870 (GIT)

For those that wish to use it till there is a fix its ready to install as an addon from zip. It will be placed in folder 'skin.aeon.nox.svn'

Best of luck!

Just to add; is there a way to turn the letters on? when using the scroll bar in 2.0 you got letters popping up which was VERY useful.