Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-07-08, 04:16)fional Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-03, 15:15)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-02, 22:23)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]one request here to all users here who feel it´s worth contributing something:
my idea is to have access to a demo video (or several) which show how to set up the skin.
would someone here be that nice and create some nice video stuff?
it would become a seperate settings menu item including credits to video author with links to the videos which i would put on my webspace,
thx Smile

come on guys Confused

I spent all Saturday trying to make one. Took me about 10 hours to figure it out, which is silly since the end product is rather novice - but perhaps it will be helpful? I hope! Big Grin

http://youtu.be/SLzd3ou3SaI

http://youtu.be/M-d8rzV_Mio

(2012-07-03, 01:18)fional Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to have it display the logo when the clearart isn't available? Even if itsn't not a Nox feature, just curious if that be possible!

Also, is it possible to have it display that in season/episode view? Though maybe that was removed.

Is it actually possible to have it look for a logo.png and if it is not available, then display clearart.png? Is that something that be modable or would that be outside the limitations of XBMC itself?

Also, I know I mentioned it before, but it may of melted into obscurity as it was in the midst of some rather neat new widgets - but have the elements of displaying the trailer (in low list mode) above the list completely stripped out since 2.0? Only am asking because while full screen trailers seems to flow nice in the other views, I think the "box" way was quite clever. Even if it's not something that can make a return in this version of Nox, have the internal bits that made it that way vastly different or is it beyond my hacky way of modding?

CoolCoolCool

many thx fiona. very nice work.
if you have a nice feature request in mind or want to have something modded for personal needs, just PM me.
glad to help out people who invest a bit of work..

really well done.
Work is progressing nicely with the git version.

When you press M from the main menu you get another main menu at the top, could this be reverted to the 3.0 handled pressing M.

Regards John
(2012-07-08, 10:19)solidsatras Wrote: [ -> ]First of all I have to say you have a perfect narrator voice, kind of the
female equivalent to Samuel L. Jackson.
I kind of like the video for a first draft, but as you stated yourself there
is room for improvement
I can recommend Camtasia for beginners, it is pretty easy to use.

I would do a video myself, but i´m in the middle of end of semester exam preparation.
So that can´t happen till August. But I´m thinking shooting the video and
Fiona could narrate it Cool

Thanks Wink I looked at Camtasia just after now and it looks rather nice, but I don't have a mac at the moment. Hoping to get one soon, but I'm still waiting for my iPad which I'm hoping for by mid-November!

(2012-07-08, 11:54)peppe_sr Wrote: [ -> ]hi phil could you take a look at this:

i have some issues with live pics background

[quote='peppe_sr' pid='1141095' dateline='1341482815']

@fional. great work!! Nod

Thanks! Wink
(2012-07-08, 12:58)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]@fional: +1 rep and specially for you :

Big Grin

YAY Big GrinBig Grin Thanks, that's class.

(2012-07-08, 13:08)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]CoolCoolCool

many thx fiona. very nice work.
if you have a nice feature request in mind or want to have something modded for personal needs, just PM me.
glad to help out people who invest a bit of work..

really well done.

Thanks a million Big Grin It was fun playing with the widgets. I'll definitely message you! Big Grin

I hope it's useful. Maybe if I can figure out a better way, I can improve it. There was no microphone on my XBMC machine, so I had to sort of record me speaking on my mobile first and try to sync it up.
(2012-07-08, 15:16)fional Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Wink I looked at Camtasia just after now and it looks rather nice, but I don't have a mac at the moment. Hoping to get one soon, but I'm still waiting for my iPad which I'm hoping for by mid-November!
There is also a Windows version, it´s called Camtasia Studio:
http://download.techsmith.com/camtasiast...mtasia.exe

...and back to topic. sry phil/big
First of all congratulations for making this skin so great. Keep up the good work

After i upgraded the git version i lost all my artist thumbnails and my cd covers for music, is there an option to restore them?

Thanks in advance
Hi there is a little issue when I am in Music > Artists > My Artist > My Album.

If you take a look on the screenshot, there is a shift on the top left bar.

Thanks in advance.

(2012-07-08, 20:32)cliffx Wrote: [ -> ]First of all congratulations for making this skin so great. Keep up the good work

After i upgraded the git version i lost all my artist thumbnails and my cd covers for music, is there an option to restore them?

Thanks in advance

we do not touch the database in any way so it´s not possible that updating to git version can cause losing artist thumbnails.
is there anyway to make it so tv shows if unwatched hides the description (the spoiler description).. but on movies it always shows the full description of the movie?

also, does the git version have the updated pvr (timeline bug) stuff noted in the hit?
(2012-07-08, 22:09)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-08, 20:32)cliffx Wrote: [ -> ]First of all congratulations for making this skin so great. Keep up the good work

Thanks in advance

we do not touch the database in any way so it´s not possible that updating to git version can cause losing artist thumbnails.

I'm not saying you touched it, i'm just asking if there is an option to show the thumbs for music again? i know the files are there, the skin just doesn't show them.
@cliffx: how about in confluence? can you see your thumbs there?
(2012-07-09, 00:16)cliffx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-08, 22:09)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks in advance

I'm not saying you touched it, i'm just asking if there is an option to show the thumbs for music again? i know the files are there, the skin just doesn't show them.

which files do you mean?
(2012-07-09, 00:46)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-09, 00:16)cliffx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-08, 22:09)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]we do not touch the database in any way so it´s not possible that updating to git version can cause losing artist thumbnails.

which files do you mean?

Folder.jpg the files are located in the album folder as always been, but now cd covers are missing same thing happened with fanart and artist thumbnails
(2012-07-09, 00:57)cliffx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-09, 00:46)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-09, 00:16)cliffx Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not saying you touched it, i'm just asking if there is an option to show the thumbs for music again? i know the files are there, the skin just doesn't show them.

which files do you mean?

Folder.jpg the files are located in the album folder as always been, but now cd covers are missing same thing happened with fanart and artist thumbnails

try removing the texturesxx.db file in userdata/database
there´s something wrong on your end which doesn´t have anything to do with the skin.
new stuff:
added a script checklist in settings area so you know if you´re missing out on features Wink

you also have access to fional´s how-to there. thx again for that.

i also prepared support for 3d covers in showcase cover viewtype, only the texture is missing atm.
(2012-07-09, 01:13)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-09, 00:57)cliffx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-09, 00:46)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]which files do you mean?

try removing the texturesxx.db file in userdata/database
there´s something wrong on your end which doesn´t have anything to do with the skin.

It didn't work, but when i'm in fullscreen mode it does show the cd cover and artist thumbnail, i think it might be an option that has reset to its default value when the skin was updated.

btw great work with skin checklist.