Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-06-30, 21:35)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-30, 21:30)ArieS Wrote: [ -> ]Question.
How do I prevent the skin to auto update without turning the option OFF?
Can I just rename the Aeon Nox folder in the Add Ons folder? Or do I need to create a new one? And would I still be able to roll back to 2.0?
Thanks!
rename the folder and the identifier in addon.xml. To be able to rollback you need to rename your 2.0 zip in packages folder also.
Hmm, It's not working.
I went into the addons folder, changed the folder skin.aeon.nox to skin.aeon.nox.modded.
Opened addon.xml, changed id="skin.aeon.nox." to id="skin.aeon.nox.modded"
Started XBMC, Confluence was defaulted. So I go to appearance, skin and there I don't see the option to use my mod...
What am I missing?

Also, where's the packages folder located for the 2.0 zip? Blush

How can I customize the mixed Widget? I would like it to have In progress and Featured Movies...

Also My Movies smartplaylist does not have Widgets for VPL with the GIT release now....?
(2012-06-30, 10:19)leepenny Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-30, 09:43)Kokonutcreme Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-30, 05:10)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]Image
this is just ridiculous Big Grin

LOL you guys are making it really difficult to read this thread at work with all these babe screenshots popping up.

yeah this is good but on a serious note couldnt this be used as a custom home screen slideshow ?

I like the one in the lower right, I just can't think of a menu item to use this in Tongue

(2012-06-30, 11:51)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]Inspiration taken from leepenny's genre backdrops, interactive cases background for home. What you see are the 10 most recently added movies:

That is pretty cool, wow Smile
(2012-06-30, 14:08)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe I should change the name. Interactive implies you can select them indeed. It's just background for now. Whats the proper english word for changing content on backgrounds?

Dynamic
(2012-06-30, 20:47)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]git version uses skin.aeon.nox.settingname
repo version uses skin.aeon.nox.Nox.settingname
--> remove the .Nox.
i´d suggest to re-setup it as usual though.

Plus, i find it rather enjoyable setting up this skin. Hell, I've done it so many times that I can get my setup done in about ten minutes!
(2012-06-30, 18:59)Peligrozo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-30, 11:51)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]Inspiration taken from leepenny's genre backdrops, interactive cases background for home. What you see are the 10 most recently added movies:

Wow, this is totally amazing. Need Smile

I just updated! I love the "Live" background!!!! Thanks Phil!!!

ANY way we could get the Live pull from TV or even smartplaylists?
I haven't been able to find a good answer for this, any way to always have the music info showing on the playing screen? I don't want it to disappear on me all the time and besides pressing I I can't find a setting to make it stick.
(2012-07-01, 05:16)crimsonfury Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-30, 18:59)Peligrozo Wrote: [ -> ]

Wow, this is totally amazing. Need Smile

I just updated! I love the "Live" background!!!! Thanks Phil!!!

ANY way we could get the Live pull from TV or even smartplaylists?

will come. thx goes to big_noid, not to me.
That looks great big_noid but it does bring up another issue. With the background set to animated, the live cases view looks weird as it has to resize the cases on the fly etc (just doesn't quite work). This setting is universal though, so it's either enable it for everything and have live cases look weird, or disable it for everything.

Can we change this option so that it's selectable per view? So we could disabe animation for the Movies section for example, but enable it for TV...
(2012-07-01, 06:17)simonk83 Wrote: [ -> ]That looks great big_noid but it does bring up another issue. With the background set to animated, the live cases view looks weird as it has to resize the cases on the fly etc (just doesn't quite work). This setting is universal though, so it's either enable it for everything and have live cases look weird, or disable it for everything.

Can we change this option so that it's selectable per view? So we could disabe animation for the Movies section for example, but enable it for TV...

agreed, looks weird. Disabled the option for the live cases.
(2012-06-09, 01:00)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-09, 00:52)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-09, 00:27)thrak76 Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to have the "Fixed List" setting affect Videos and Music uniquely? i.e.:

Fixed List "Yes" for the Music library &

Fixed List "no" for the Videos library

Possible, yes. But this should be a global option imo.

hmm since the option makes sense for lists with few items i think we should consider it for albums and seasons.

(2012-06-09, 01:00)thrak76 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-09, 00:52)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-09, 00:27)thrak76 Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to have the "Fixed List" setting affect Videos and Music uniquely? i.e.:

Fixed List "Yes" for the Music library &

Fixed List "no" for the Videos library

Possible, yes. But this should be a global option imo.

Normally, I would agree, but...

Fixed list works great for Music because sometimes you have artists with only 1 album - and those look terrible in some views because it's just the same cover repeated ad infinium.
For Videos on the other hand, having the fluidity of the wrap list works because there's almost always more than one entry at a level.

Is there an area you could point me to to make the change for just my install?

Any word on this?

Fixed list for season and album level makes a lot of sense.

(2012-07-01, 08:26)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-01, 06:17)simonk83 Wrote: [ -> ]That looks great big_noid but it does bring up another issue. With the background set to animated, the live cases view looks weird as it has to resize the cases on the fly etc (just doesn't quite work). This setting is universal though, so it's either enable it for everything and have live cases look weird, or disable it for everything.

agreed, looks weird. Disabled the option for the live cases.

Sweet Smile

Actually there's one thing that's been bugging me but I've been putting off reporting it Smile

So, personally I prefer to have the Movie background cycle through my current movies fanart. I came from MQ3 before Nox, and the default behaviour for that is just to do as I just mentioned.

Nox, it seems, doesn't actually let you do that. I know there are several options when setting up the Movie section, but the only applicable ones (for me) are:

Show Video Fanart - This is no good as it also shows TV shows
Show Recent or Featured - No good, as it obviously just cycles through the recently added stuff

In order for me to have it show all my current movie fanart (which I would have thought is a fairly common option), I have to choose Multi Art, then navigate to the folder that Artwork Downloader has created which contains all the fanart.

This is fine, and does work, APART from when I watch and delete movies. These movies are gone from my library, but they're NOT gone from the Movie Fanart Artwork Downloader folder, so they still show up.

Are you guys able to simply add an option to show all movie fanart as a background, and then a similar option for all TV fanart?
That option is actually just the artwork organizer addon. In that skin it points to the default path provided by the add-on. In nox you can do the same, but you have to point to the folders manually. Imo it makes no sense to make options in the skin that are already available in the add-on itself. So just run the artwork organizer script and point to the movie output folder for movie backgrounds and the same for tv shows.
(2012-07-01, 09:04)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]That option is actually just the artwork organizer addon. In that skin it points to the default path provided by the add-on. In nox you can do the same, but you have to point to the folders manually. Imo it makes no sense to make options in the skin that are already available in the add-on itself. So just run the artwork organizer script and point to the movie output folder for movie backgrounds and the same for tv shows.

Right OK. That's what I currently do, it just seems that fanart isn't purged from that folder when a movie is removed from the library (which doesn't shock me too much). Bit annoying seeing fanart pop up for movies that were deleted a while ago.
I don't think that behavior is different in our skin? You could ask the author from the artwork organize script for an option in the add-on to purge the directories before running it.
(2012-07-01, 09:31)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think that behavior is different in our skin? You could ask the author from the artwork organize script for an option in the add-on to purge the directories before running it.

Fair enough, thanks Wink