Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One quick Question. Which Views in the TV Show Section are able to show TV Logos? Just the Landscape View or are there more?
Awesome work guys. It's volunteer work like this that sets XBMC apart in my opinion.

Would you consider a request for the future now that the release is out? Can you add sub-menu support for "Live TV" like Confluence has? I.e. items for recordings, EPG, etc. Also I've been looking in to how to create a custom menu (that I would call Live TV) that links directly to the EPG but can't seem to do it - is this an XBMC limitation?

Thanks again for a great release, and for the record I didn't mind at all that I had to re-do my settings Smile
(2012-05-25, 18:13)cd492 Wrote: [ -> ]One quick Question. Which Views in the TV Show Section are able to show TV Logos? Just the Landscape View or are there more?

Landscape, Episode, Big Fan and Showcase. Wink
No info with Movie Set?
(2012-05-25, 19:27)fmronan Wrote: [ -> ]No info with Movie Set?

Was too late. When you asked about it, a pull request was already made for submitting to official repo. no new features can be added then. Will be added asap though on github.
I've got one more question.
In 2.0, if I pressed twice Up in a playlist it would give me a count of let say how many movies are in this playlist. It seems that this function is not in 3.0 anymore, correct?

Edit: actually another question. When I start xbmc I see the logo and then a black screen with a round loading thingy spinning for a few seconds and then my menu appears.
Is this something new in 3.0 and everyone sees that or is it just me?
(2012-05-25, 17:30)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]That would mean removing built in function of XBMC. This is something for a personal mod imo.

No problem at all. Do you know which file that text is in?
(2012-05-25, 20:09)ArieS Wrote: [ -> ]I've got one more question.
In 2.0, if I pressed twice Up in a playlist it would give me a count of let say how many movies are in this playlist. It seems that this function is not in 3.0 anymore, correct?

Edit: actually another question. When I start xbmc I see the logo and then a black screen with a round loading thingy spinning for a few seconds and then my menu appears.
Is this something new in 3.0 and everyone sees that or is it just me?
This is indeed removed. We now only show that information in the breadcrumbs section.
For your second question see the thread in this forum about that for an explanation.
(2012-05-25, 20:14)BadBradc Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-25, 17:30)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]That would mean removing built in function of XBMC. This is something for a personal mod imo.

No problem at all. Do you know which file that text is in?
variables.xml
Search for plot and change add this in teh variables.xml:
Code:
<value condition="System.GetBool(videolibrary.showunwatchedplots)">Insert text here</value>

full code for example fanart infopanel plot:
Code:
<variable name="FanartPanelPlotVar">
        <value condition="System.GetBool(videolibrary.showunwatchedplots)">Insert text here</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(movies) + !Skin.HasSetting(Nox.preferplot) + !IsEmpty(ListItem.PlotOutline) + Control.IsVisible(7550)">$INFO[ListItem.PlotOutline]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(seasons)">$INFO[Container.ShowPlot]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(addons)">$INFO[ListItem.Property(Addon.Description)]</value>
        <value>$INFO[ListItem.Plot]</value>
    </variable>

Untested by the way, but in theory that should work.
I really like the layout of the mixed setting for both tv and movie widgets, however the addon section in the middle is entirely useless to me. Would it be possible to add an option to replace it with Recommended / In Progress obviously based on the widget in question and its available items? It doesn't have to become rectangular or anything to fit the fanart because the wide boxes look great on the sides, posters or logos would work just fine. ^_^
(2012-05-24, 22:21)thrak76 Wrote: [ -> ]Seeing the screenshots in the OP inspired me to try some new viewtypes for tvshows.

In doing so, I noticed what appears to be a bug:
When using the episode view for tvshows, the last item in the list is obscured by the bottom of the screen. This happens when using banners and logos for the list, but not when using text in the viewtype settings. Here are some screens:

Thanks for reading!

Quoting myself because this received no response.
(2012-05-25, 20:29)hikaricore Wrote: [ -> ]I really like the layout of the mixed setting for both tv and movie widgets, however the addon section in the middle is entirely useless to me. Would it be possible to add an option to replace it with Recommended / In Progress obviously based on the widget in question and its available items? It doesn't have to become rectangular or anything to fit the fanart because the wide boxes look great on the sides, posters or logos would work just fine. ^_^
You dont have to put add-ons there, you can put anything you want there. But I agree, an in progress/recommend option would fit nicely there. Will be added for next release.
(2012-05-25, 20:29)thrak76 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-24, 22:21)thrak76 Wrote: [ -> ]Seeing the screenshots in the OP inspired me to try some new viewtypes for tvshows.

In doing so, I noticed what appears to be a bug:
When using the episode view for tvshows, the last item in the list is obscured by the bottom of the screen. This happens when using banners and logos for the list, but not when using text in the viewtype settings. Here are some screens:

Thanks for reading!

Quoting myself because this received no response.
Will be fixed for next release, thx.

An observation.....
I'm using a custom favourite for the standard TV Shows menu item. It points at a smartPlaylist that filters out kids TV shows. I'm using Showcase view to browse, but cannot set it to use poster.jpg. The option is there if I browse through the whole TV Show library, or if I browse directly through a smartPlaylist. But accessing through a favourite that points to the smartPlaylist, the poster.jpg option is not there.

EDIT:
Scrap that. Re-created the smartPlaylist, then added to favorites and now have full view options when browsing.
I am looking for a way to show my 3D Movies in the default Movies section. I have read that if you add 3D or 3dbd to the filename it will show a 3D icon somewhere but I cannot get this to work with Aeon Nox 3.0. I know i can create a smart playlist and have it filter out the 3D movies but I do not care for this. I'd like all movies to show in the same movies section and the ones that are 3D to have a little 3D icon perhaps beside the 1080p logo or beside the dts logo at the bottom right.

Anybody know if this can be done in Aeon Nox 3.0?

Thanks in advance.
(2012-05-25, 21:21)jukster Wrote: [ -> ]I am looking for a way to show my 3D Movies in the default Movies section. I have read that if you add 3D or 3dbd to the filename it will show a 3D icon somewhere but I cannot get this to work with Aeon Nox 3.0. I know i can create a smart playlist and have it filter out the 3D movies but I do not care for this. I'd like all movies to show in the same movies section and the ones that are 3D to have a little 3D icon perhaps beside the 1080p logo or beside the dts logo at the bottom right.

Anybody know if this can be done in Aeon Nox 3.0?

Thanks in advance.

You have to have either bluray, blu-ray, bdrip or brrip and .3D. in the filename for this to work.
(2012-05-25, 20:24)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]variables.xml
Search for plot and change add this in teh variables.xml:
Code:

full code for example fanart infopanel plot:
Code:
<variable name="FanartPanelPlotVar">
        <value condition="Container.Content(movies) + !Skin.HasSetting(Nox.preferplot) + !IsEmpty(ListItem.PlotOutline) + Control.IsVisible(7550)">$INFO[ListItem.PlotOutline]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(seasons)">$INFO[Container.ShowPlot]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(addons)">$INFO[ListItem.Property(Addon.Description)]</value>
        <value>$INFO[ListItem.Plot]</value>
    </variable>

Untested by the way, but in theory that should work.

Thanks a lot BN, will try it tonight. Appreciate the help.