Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-06-20, 06:55)Greg. Wrote: [ -> ]im confused over a couple of things, whats the criteria or algorithm for deciding which movies are part of a set or not, for eg i have the saw series 1 to 7 and back to the future 1,2 and 3 that are not in a set?

Hi mate,

From here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Mov....28Eden.29

Updating an existing library
Navigate to your Movies and remove all movies that you wish to be grouped in to sets (context menu > Remove from library). Once all movies have been removed, open the context menu and select Update library. Once the content has been rescanned it will grouped into collections.
A more tedious way, that does not remove the movie or its played status from the Library, is to simply refresh movie information for the individual movies (Context Menu > "Movie Information" > Refresh > Yes (Ignore local information and refresh from internet)).
(2012-06-20, 07:44)simonk83 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-20, 06:55)Greg. Wrote: [ -> ]im confused over a couple of things, whats the criteria or algorithm for deciding which movies are part of a set or not, for eg i have the saw series 1 to 7 and back to the future 1,2 and 3 that are not in a set?

Hi mate,

Navigate to your Movies and remove all movies that you wish to be grouped in to sets (context menu > Remove from library). Once all movies have been removed, open the context menu and select Update library. Once the content has been rescanned it will grouped into collections.
A more tedious way, that does not remove the movie or its played status from the Library, is to simply refresh movie information for the individual movies (Context Menu > "Movie Information" > Refresh > Yes (Ignore local information and refresh from internet)).

Other ways to do it is to install the movie sets addon and create the sets from within there or create nfo files for each movie to be included in a set. This is the method I prefer and used even before installing XBMC.

I like to group movies together in collections that don't conform to the "box set" criteria that most people prefer. So i'll create a set for all Pixar movies, Disney animation, classic Hollywood movies, Kung fu movies, superhero movies, spaghetti westerns, chick flicks etc the instructions to create nfo files are in the link to the wiki page
(2012-06-20, 08:38)Kokonutcreme Wrote: [ -> ]So i'll create a set for all Pixar movies

This is really lazy of me, but would you mind copying the text from that NFO and PM'ing it to me Smile I've been meaning to get around to doing it but just haven't found time Big Grin I know I'll have to change minor details but it'll still save me a lot of time Wink

Thanks Big Grin
(2012-06-20, 02:32)simonk83 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi again,

Another quick question. Not sure if it's skin related to be honest, but any help appreciated.

So I generally have new shows "arrive" every day via Sickbeard which triggers an XBMC update as soon as it's completed, and I watch them that same night when I get home. I've noticed that with some (not all) shows, a preview thumbnail isn't generated (or scraped, I'm not sure how it works, but I mean the image that's a snapshot of a frame from the episode and is displayed in the recently added list). This just defaults to the generic, "missing" xbmc image, which just annoys me Smile

Often if I open that episode info and hit refresh, it'll populate with an image (I assume it scrapes it from thetvdb or something), but not always, and I was under the impression that XBMC would generate that image on its own if it wasn't present.

Is there any way I can force it to do that, as it's getting on my nerves seeing the ugly missing image placeholder Big Grin

Now there is a setting in the Video settings that sounds like it should be doing that, but I have it checked and it's clearly not doing it.

Thanks Wink

Bit more info on this. Using Maraschino, I managed to do a bit of digging and found that XBMC was trying to use a file called auto-89971f49.tbn which is in my userdata/thumbnails/Video folder.

I opened this file, and it's just blank. I noticed there are a bunch more files prefixed with "auto" in that folder, and most of those are blank as well (0 bytes), but not all. The regular tbn's (that are just numbers) work fine.

I assume this is the problem? It's generating thumbs, but messing it up somehow?

EDIT:

Right, this runs a little deeper. I've also just noticed that a lot of my TV shows, when I hit Info, don't display their poster (although some do). An example of this is The Borgias, so I enabled debug and grabbed a log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=3855

In there, as far as I can tell, XBMC is looking for a poster at "volume1/NAS/TV/The Borgias/../poster.jpg" when it should be "volume1/NAS/TV/The Borgias/poster.jpg" (although I'm fairly sure I've got "use poster.jpg" turned off so it should probably be using folder.jpg, which is also present at that path). This leads to a "stat call failed with "NFS: Lookup of //TV failed with NFS3ERR_NOENT(-2)"" because of course that path doesn't exist.

I'm new to XBMC so I could be way off, but something's wrong regardless.

Not sure what other info you need, but I'm running OpenELEC 1.95.04 on a Zotac AD04.
Hi guys,
Could you please come over and take a look at the "forbidden" forum there is an issue between 3.0.1 and the lastest "cold"film plugin that only happens with aeon nox..

Best regards tuxen
(2012-06-20, 09:23)simonk83 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-20, 08:38)Kokonutcreme Wrote: [ -> ]So i'll create a set for all Pixar movies

This is really lazy of me, but would you mind copying the text from that NFO and PM'ing it to me Smile I've been meaning to get around to doing it but just haven't found time Big Grin I know I'll have to change minor details but it'll still save me a lot of time Wink

Thanks Big Grin

Ember (EMM-r) can be used to easily (quite easily actually) create sets via .nfo files.
(2012-06-13, 19:12)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-13, 18:57)DigiTech Wrote: [ -> ]I dont know if the following is aeon nox related but since i`ve installed 3.0 when i stop playing a movie or a tv serie episode, that last movie or episode is selected automatically then starts again from the last point viewed in a loop matter, then i stop again and the same occurs again and again and again, it happens the same with the xbmc own video player when the movie ends but not when i play stop, in that case the movie exits and go back fine, with an external player everytime i exit playing a movie the loop process starts again, i`dont have a clue what it`s going on here.

debug log?

Sorry for the time to post the log i was on vacation so until today i'm able to do it.I can't stand this behavior about this problem anymore, any help will be very apprecciated.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=3869
new 3rd style now shows logos for custom music playlists
(2012-06-20, 11:58)simonk83 Wrote: [ -> ]

Another quick question. Not sure if it's skin related to be honest, but any help appreciated.

So I generally have new shows "arrive" every day via Sickbeard which triggers an XBMC update as soon as it's completed, and I watch them that same night when I get home. I've noticed that with some (not all) shows, a preview thumbnail isn't generated (or scraped, I'm not sure how it works, but I mean the image that's a snapshot of a frame from the episode and is displayed in the recently added list). This just defaults to the generic, "missing" xbmc image, which just annoys me Smile

Often if I open that episode info and hit refresh, it'll populate with an image (I assume it scrapes it from thetvdb or something), but not always, and I was under the impression that XBMC would generate that image on its own if it wasn't present.

Is there any way I can force it to do that, as it's getting on my nerves seeing the ugly missing image placeholder Big Grin

Now there is a setting in the Video settings that sounds like it should be doing that, but I have it checked and it's clearly not doing it.

Thanks Wink

Bit more info on this. Using Maraschino, I managed to do a bit of digging and found that XBMC was trying to use a file called auto-89971f49.tbn which is in my userdata/thumbnails/Video folder.

I opened this file, and it's just blank. I noticed there are a bunch more files prefixed with "auto" in that folder, and most of those are blank as well (0 bytes), but not all. The regular tbn's (that are just numbers) work fine.

I assume this is the problem? It's generating thumbs, but messing it up somehow?

EDIT:

Right, this runs a little deeper. I've also just noticed that a lot of my TV shows, when I hit Info, don't display their poster (although some do). An example of this is The Borgias, so I enabled debug and grabbed a log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=3855

In there, as far as I can tell, XBMC is looking for a poster at "volume1/NAS/TV/The Borgias/../poster.jpg" when it should be "volume1/NAS/TV/The Borgias/poster.jpg" (although I'm fairly sure I've got "use poster.jpg" turned off so it should probably be using folder.jpg, which is also present at that path). This leads to a "stat call failed with "NFS: Lookup of //TV failed with NFS3ERR_NOENT(-2)"" because of course that path doesn't exist.

Not sure what other info you need, but I'm running OpenELEC 1.95.04 on a Zotac AD04.

not really a skin issue. do you have seperate folders fo the seasons? TVSHOWNAME/SEASON X/SXEXX.mkv is the recommended structure. also use a "season 1" folder when there are no other seasons.
(2012-06-21, 05:14)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-20, 11:58)simonk83 Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks Wink

EDIT:

not really a skin issue. do you have seperate folders fo the seasons? TVSHOWNAME/SEASON X/SXEXX.mkv is the recommended structure. also use a "season 1" folder when there are no other seasons.

Hi mate,

I did also post this in the general XBMC section but jmarshall said it was skin related, hehe Big Grin

Aaanyway, as it turns out I do have season folders for some shows, but not all. I'll try adding season folders to the problem files and will see if that helps.

Still not sure what to do about the preview thumbs though Sad
(2012-06-21, 05:24)simonk83 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-21, 05:14)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-20, 11:58)simonk83 Wrote: [ -> ]Bit more info on this. Using Maraschino, I managed to do a bit of digging and found that XBMC was trying to use a file called auto-89971f49.tbn which is in my userdata/thumbnails/Video folder.

EDIT:

Hi mate,

I did also post this in the general XBMC section but jmarshall said it was skin related, hehe Big Grin

Aaanyway, as it turns out I do have season folders for some shows, but not all. I'll try adding season folders to the problem files and will see if that helps.

skin related because of the folder requirements perhaps, but not a bug or something like that.
(2012-06-21, 04:36)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]new 3rd style now shows logos for custom music playlists

That Thrice album Beggars is Amazing!
(2012-06-20, 08:38)Kokonutcreme Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-20, 07:44)simonk83 Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi mate,

Other ways to do it is to install the movie sets addon and create the sets from within there or create nfo files for each movie to be included in a set. This is the method I prefer and used even before installing XBMC.

I like to group movies together in collections that don't conform to the "box set" criteria that most people prefer. So i'll create a set for all Pixar movies, Disney animation, classic Hollywood movies, Kung fu movies, superhero movies, spaghetti westerns, chick flicks etc the instructions to create nfo files are in the link to the wiki page

I thought that the Movie Sets plugin was broken with Nox 3.0?
(2012-06-21, 05:32)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-21, 05:24)simonk83 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-21, 05:14)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]not really a skin issue. do you have seperate folders fo the seasons? TVSHOWNAME/SEASON X/SXEXX.mkv is the recommended structure. also use a "season 1" folder when there are no other seasons.

Hi mate,

skin related because of the folder requirements perhaps, but not a bug or something like that.

Yep fair enough. I'll let you know how I go.
Hi

I want to have MUSIC VIDEO in main menu but dont know how ;/

i add to library Music video, LAST.fm scraper as content and set directory to E:\musicvideos

i had also youtube plugin and for example i downloaded will.i.am - this is love.mp4 (via YT plugin) to E:\musicvideos

i update library but nothing appear in main menu (meaning music videos )

what i do wrong? or maybe its not possible to have music video as mp4? please help
Hi,

sorry that i ask this but how could i get the video info when i have 2 movie widgets from the first widget. If i press up on cover from first widget it jump to the second widget?

Greets
Eisi