Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can confirm that I had the remote stops working problem (so rolled back).But after reading the thread this morning forced refresh and updated and have found no issues as of yet with the remote not playing sd,divx,xvid,bluray files (fingers crossed)

Now I do have some questions and I hope you will be patient and hope that these arent too noobie type questions.

1. How do I get artist fanart now playing on home screenHuh
2. On the recently added music widget when you press up it flips over but doesnt give me album info like the movies widget is this a bug or is it normal.(see pics attatched) https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/1358044/...x?h=d6cd0f

If normal could the widget be tweaked to show the album info? (Only if easy as I know youre hard pushed with all the hard work youve put in to this skin)
3. Aeon Nox isnt reading my cbr (comic) files, i've added them as a custom favorite (from file mode) and added them to comics on home screen .When opened it shows the relevant folders but on opening shows nothing (I havent got a clue why) Any help much appreciated

And finally THANKYOU for one of the best skins I have ever used ,the fluidity and eye-candy is second to none and have found no other skin that can compare to this skin , absolutely outstanding work.
(2012-05-27, 13:02)leepenny Wrote: [ -> ]I can confirm that I had the remote stops working problem (so rolled back).But after reading the thread this morning forced refresh and updated and have found no issues as of yet with the remote not playing sd,divx,xvid,bluray files (fingers crossed)

Now I do have some questions and I hope you will be patient and hope that these arent too noobie type questions.

1. How do I get artist fanart now playing on home screenHuh
2. On the recently added music widget when you press up it flips over but doesnt give me album info like the movies widget is this a bug or is it normal.(see pics attatched) https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/1358044/...x?h=d6cd0f

If normal could the widget be tweaked to show the album info? (Only if easy as I know youre hard pushed with all the hard work youve put in to this skin)
3. Aeon Nox isnt reading my cbr (comic) files, i've added them as a custom favorite (from file mode) and added them to comics on home screen .When opened it shows the relevant folders but on opening shows nothing (I havent got a clue why) Any help much appreciated

And finally THANKYOU for one of the best skins I have ever used ,the fluidity and eye-candy is second to none and have found no other skin that can compare to this skin , absolutely outstanding work.

1) home menu customizer --> click on any item --> set bg --> general bg settings
2) xbmc limitation, i´d love to be able to "fix" that, but not possible.
3) probably has nothing to do with the skin. is that file extension recognized by xbmc?

...and the remote problem will still happen occasionally for you if you didn´t make any code changes. will be fixed for next bugfix release.
(2012-05-27, 09:06)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]Still waiting on some more conformation if this fix has worked. You can follow the discussion here (and witness some great community help).

What was the root cause of it in the end?
(2012-05-27, 13:14)muzzakus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-27, 09:06)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]Still waiting on some more conformation if this fix has worked. You can follow the discussion here (and witness some great community help).

What was the root cause of it in the end?

the usage of a simple vis condition for busy dialog probably (which explains why it mostly happens for low-powered machines)
it´s an xbmc bug, we worked-around it now.
And the visibility condition was not even on the dialog itself, but on an image used in that dialog.
First off, fantastic job guys, tri-panel with aeon style home screen is all I ever wanted! Really appreciate all of the time and effort you've put into this.
Wondering if someone can help me though, I have a freezing on start-up problem that only seems to happen with new nox 3. Worked fine to start with until I did god knows what (maybe tried to access TV schedule from home screen?..maybe), XBMC froze, so I force quit, but then when I tried to restart xbmc, I get the busy spinning circle from nox then a freeze everytime. I've deleted nox3 from .....\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons to get back to confluence, I've disabled just about every service and addon with no luck. I'll do a complete reinstall of xbmc if there's no luck here, just hoping someone who knows a lot more than me can check out my debug log before I start fresh again. cheers
http://pastebin.com/Vug1UUZ3
(2012-05-27, 15:26)yazgar Wrote: [ -> ]First off, fantastic job guys, tri-panel with aeon style home screen is all I ever wanted! Really appreciate all of the time and effort you've put into this.
Wondering if someone can help me though, I have a freezing on start-up problem that only seems to happen with new nox 3. Worked fine to start with until I did god knows what (maybe tried to access TV schedule from home screen?..maybe), XBMC froze, so I force quit, but then when I tried to restart xbmc, I get the busy spinning circle from nox then a freeze everytime. I've deleted nox3 from .....\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons to get back to confluence, I've disabled just about every service and addon with no luck. I'll do a complete reinstall of xbmc if there's no luck here, just hoping someone who knows a lot more than me can check out my debug log before I start fresh again. cheers

you´re using xbmc 12 nightlies. no support for that.
Crap! Totally forgot I'd used that install. Cheers for the reply and the 100's of hrs you've both put in.
(2012-05-26, 03:27)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]i don´t know if xbmc supports multiple commands in keymaps. you could try adding

Code:
<key x>Skin.Reset(Nox.viewtypeselect)</key x>
        <key x>ActivateWindow(1121)</key x>

to your keymap file.
if that doesn´t work, we could change the code to make it possible for the next release.

Added to my keymap but when I press x it don't do anything.
(2012-05-27, 15:45)bigbodiehard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-26, 03:27)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]i don´t know if xbmc supports multiple commands in keymaps. you could try adding

Code:

to your keymap file.
if that doesn´t work, we could change the code to make it possible for the next release.

...no key x has to be replaced by the button of your choice. sorry, didn´t make that clear.
( for example <v>...</v> in keyboard.xml, <global> section)
(2012-05-27, 15:26)yazgar Wrote: [ -> ]First off, fantastic job guys, tri-panel with aeon style home screen is all I ever wanted! Really appreciate all of the time and effort you've put into this.

While frodo is not yet supported, I can tell you that deleting script.randomitems will solve your problem.
(2012-05-27, 15:47)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-27, 15:45)bigbodiehard Wrote: [ -> ]

Code:

to your keymap file.

...no key x has to be replaced by the button of your choice. sorry, didn´t make that clear.
Tried it don't work but still a great feature. For the next release could you not just add the shortcuts to menu when you press m
(2012-05-27, 16:13)bigbodiehard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-27, 15:47)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-27, 15:45)bigbodiehard Wrote: [ -> ]Added to my keymap but when I press x it don't do anything.

Tried it don't work but still a great feature. For the next release could you not just add the shortcuts to menu when you press m

no, we cannot define what key triggers which event. this is done by the keymaps.
you could remove the first line from the two i posted but this will start viewtype selection OR quicknav depending on what you used last.
(2012-05-27, 08:57)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-27, 06:38)antisuck Wrote: [ -> ]Something I just ran into, curious if it's a bug or just me.

Music -> Library -> Search is not working for me. Seems to do nothing, the text entry widget never pops up.

If I switch to Confluence it works as expected, then if I switch back to Nox search takes me directly to the results of whatever I searched for in Confluence. Again no text entry widget, just results of the Confluence search. Restarting XBMC takes me back to the beginning: music library search appears to do nothing.

This is Nox 3.0.0 release from the repository, running on Eden.

Any thoughts?
Can't reproduce this. Maybe a debug log shows some information.

Here's a log if anybody feels like taking a crack at it.

http://pastebin.com/GgNYWhUp

(2012-05-27, 16:20)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-27, 16:13)bigbodiehard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-27, 15:47)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]...no key x has to be replaced by the button of your choice. sorry, didn´t make that clear.

no, we cannot define what key triggers which event. this is done by the keymaps.
you could remove the first line from the two i posted but this will start viewtype selection OR quicknav depending on what you used last.
No I Meant could you not replace this

With something like this