Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@ muzzakus: thx.
@ Death-Axe: useful, yes. But very annoying since it pops up way too fast. That functionality has been moved to the breadcrumbs section.
Having spent a couple of days with the new skin, I've gotta say it's impressive. Very well do e to all involved Smile

One question - when is the recommended episodes widget supposed to update? Because I'd expect it to update when I finish watching something, but it still shows the same episode, which I've just watched. Any way to change this?

Thanks Smile
I have to ask: How does the skin determine whether or not to use the Blu-Ray, DVD, or codec logo? I've got several videos that are not marked as bluray when they indeed are from bluray, and some that are marked and I didn't do so in any metadata.

I'm using the BigFan viewtype if that matters.
Hello dear friends and creators of the beautiful skin Aeon Nox 3.0.

The skin was automatically installed yesterday, and after customizing it for a while there are 2 things i'd like to ask:

1) why is there no more "Panel" view in the Tv Shows? It was one of the best views. Is it too hard to add it?
2) is there a way to change the main font at the menus? I changed the font to "Korean" through the Appearance menu, but the condensed "western" font cannot be changed in the main menus.. Is it possible to add a change of font option in the Customize Main Menu? This one is not very nice when - for example - viewing the Tv Shows - the fonts are bold and not looking good:

Many thanks in advance. Smile
(2012-05-26, 15:02)noner Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-26, 02:43)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]cheers,
your "antisocial basement-dweller"

ROFLMAO!!!!

Ha Ha Ha.. sorry been away for the last two weeks and just catching up with all the posts in the thread, and came across this.. absolutely hilarious response phil!!!

is that a compliment? Tongue
(2012-05-26, 16:28)Death-Axe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-26, 05:28)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-26, 05:25)Death-Axe Wrote: [ -> ]Using frodo for AE, as I said earlier.

yes. and i also stated several times that we do not support it. if you want to talk with others about frodo specific problems do it in a seperate thread please (although that doesn´t make too much sense IMO, you´ll just have to wait till they fix those bugs)
those posts only clutter release thread and could confuse others etc.

I see what you're saying, which is fair enough. all I am saying is: nox 3.0 is the only skin that breaks addons. 2.0 was fine, offical skin is fine, and I tried a bunch more which where fine. So nox 3 is doing something odd.

Might be good to nip it in the bud now instead of later when you will have to look into it.

we probably won´t have to look into it if we wait a bit. frodo is WIP, do not expect to get a bug-free experience.
all we care about is to get this thing working 100% for eden users.
and since everything works for most users and we´re two persons who look over the code we can be pretty sure that there´s nothing wrong concerning the skin coding.
if we would follow your advice we probably would end up with the same crappy multi-version model like some other skins out there Wink
(2012-05-26, 18:25)agent154 Wrote: [ -> ]I have to ask: How does the skin determine whether or not to use the Blu-Ray, DVD, or codec logo? I've got several videos that are not marked as bluray when they indeed are from bluray, and some that are marked and I didn't do so in any metadata.

I'm using the BigFan viewtype if that matters.

by checking the filename.
(2012-05-26, 18:08)Rumik Wrote: [ -> ]Having spent a couple of days with the new skin, I've gotta say it's impressive. Very well do e to all involved Smile

One question - when is the recommended episodes widget supposed to update? Because I'd expect it to update when I finish watching something, but it still shows the same episode, which I've just watched. Any way to change this?

Thanks Smile

only at startup. it stays active so those lists should update. if not: script problem.
(2012-05-26, 19:05)vampyra Wrote: [ -> ]Hello dear friends and creators of the beautiful skin Aeon Nox 3.0.

The skin was automatically installed yesterday, and after customizing it for a while there are 2 things i'd like to ask:

1) why is there no more "Panel" view in the Tv Shows? It was one of the best views. Is it too hard to add it?
2) is there a way to change the main font at the menus? I changed the font to "Korean" through the Appearance menu, but the condensed "western" font cannot be changed in the main menus.. Is it possible to add a change of font option in the Customize Main Menu? This one is not very nice when - for example - viewing the Tv Shows - the fonts are bold and not looking good:

Many thanks in advance. Smile

1) no, not too hard, but we decided that it is not needed because infowall and wall do a good job already. if you disagree, mod it Wink
2) we didn´t pay attention to korean fonts (partly because we did not have any korean beta testers)
(2012-05-26, 19:38)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]1) no, not too hard, but we decided that it is not needed because infowall and wall do a good job already. if you disagree, mod it Wink
2) we didn´t pay attention to korean fonts (partly because we did not have any korean beta testers)

1) Ohhh well... I do not disagree exactly, i just think it was one of the most beautiful viewtypes. Smile
2) No, i don't mean i use a korean encoding, i mean the "korean" font.. now that i think of it, it might be a generic font that's used instead of the korean symbols.. check the setting:

i use the "korean" font, however the language is set to english. And the font that's actually applied resembles the old Aeon Nox font. It's rounded and cute. Every other option (classic, roboko etc) is condensed and bold. Sad

(2012-05-26, 19:49)vampyra Wrote: [ -> ]i use the "korean" font, however the language is set to english. And the font that's actually applied resembles the old Aeon Nox font. It's rounded and cute. Every other option (classic, roboko etc) is condensed and bold. Sad

I remember the guy who asked for the Korean fontset to be added saying that he (or, more accurately, the Korean XBMC community) would be using his own fonts, because they are more than 4MB each. You could find such Korean fonts here, I think: Korean fonts

Place them in the fonts folder, and rename them to "Ubuntu-R_KOR.ttf" and "Ubuntu-B_KOR.ttf" for the Regular and Bold fonts. Should work.
(2012-05-25, 20:24)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-25, 20:09)ArieS Wrote: [ -> ]I've got one more question.
In 2.0, if I pressed twice Up in a playlist it would give me a count of let say how many movies are in this playlist. It seems that this function is not in 3.0 anymore, correct?
This is indeed removed. We now only show that information in the breadcrumbs section.
What's breadcrumb and how do I access it, sorry but I have no clue what that is...

(2012-05-26, 19:38)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]by checking the filename.

Might it be possible to also have it recognize "BD" as well as "BluRay" as a string in the filename?

Hi,

i dont know if this is a feature request for skin or for xbmc. I have some homemenu entrys like hd movies now i want to have a submenu point called genre for this homemenu entry and the submenu genre should only list movies from with genre xxxx from this videoplaylist. At the moment i have a submenu point for my video playlist at my homemenu with string "activatewindow(videos,moviegenre,return) but this submenu give me genre from all my movies and not only from the videoplaylist.

Is this skin releated or xbmc ?

Greets
Eisi
(2012-05-26, 21:02)ArieS Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-25, 20:24)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-25, 20:09)ArieS Wrote: [ -> ]I've got one more question.
In 2.0, if I pressed twice Up in a playlist it would give me a count of let say how many movies are in this playlist. It seems that this function is not in 3.0 anymore, correct?
This is indeed removed. We now only show that information in the breadcrumbs section.
What's breadcrumb and how do I access it, sorry but I have no clue what that is...

It's the bar on top of the screen
Settings -> Skin - Customizers -> Customize Top Bar
Thanks!
Hmm, I enabled it but I don't see a movie count for my playlists...?
Hey Guys -

I'm having a few issues with the Live TV / PVR functionality. I had read here that the EPG bug is fixed, but it doesn't appear to be true....

I am using version 3.0.0.1337798042 (I have the skin installed from the GIT), but the same thing happens when I install the officially released 3.0.0.

I find the following (I am using the ForTheRecord add-on):

1. If I reset the PVR database, all of the channels and icons pull nicely, but when I navigate from Radio to EPG in the left-context menu, it crashes XBMC with this:

12:30:24 T:4896 ERROR: exception in CApplication::FrameMove()
12:30:24 T:4896 ERROR: Previous line repeats 10 times.
12:30:24 T:4896 ERROR: CApplication::FrameMove(), too many exceptions

However, when I enable debug logging, it seems like something refreshes in the PVR add-on. Suddenly I don't see my channel icons anymore, and the EPG doesn't crash. I have no idea what's going on there.

Also - a couple things would be awesome:

1. Can we put the EPG in the submenu for Live TV?
2. Can we enable home menu editing on the Live TV options just like it exists for all of the other menu options? (so I could hide Radio for instance)?

Thanks for the awesome skin...I love it!

EDIT:
Here is more verbose logging....the EPG crash happens every time for me now....

19:21:43 T:1300 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (MyPVR.xml) ------
19:21:43 T:1300 INFO: Loading skin file: MyPVR.xml
19:21:43 T:1300 DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory ()
19:21:43 T:1300 DEBUG: ParentPath = []
19:21:43 T:1300 DEBUG: CGUIWindowPVRCommon - PVR::CGUIWindowPVRCommon::OnMessageFocus - focus set to window 'tv'
19:21:43 T:1300 DEBUG: CGUIWindowPVRChannels - PVR::CGUIWindowPVRChannels::UpdateData - update window 'tv'. set view to 11
19:21:43 T:1300 DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/)
19:21:43 T:1300 DEBUG: ParentPath = []
19:21:43 T:3712 DEBUG: CPVRDirectory::GetDirectory(pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels)
19:21:43 T:4452 DEBUG: Thread PVR Channel Window start, auto delete: 0
19:21:43 T:1300 DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating Setfocus(32)
19:21:43 T:1300 DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : To Setfocus(32)
19:21:43 T:1300 DEBUG: CGUIWindowPVRCommon - PVR::CGUIWindowPVRCommon::OnMessageFocus - focus set to window 'tv'
19:21:43 T:1300 DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating Setfocus(11)
19:21:43 T:1300 DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : To Setfocus(11)
19:21:43 T:5028 DEBUG: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: 1
19:21:43 T:3712 DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(special://xbmcbin/system/ImageLib.dll)
19:21:45 T:1300 DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 4b, sym: 0114, unicode: 0000, modifier: 0
19:21:45 T:1300 DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: left (f082) pressed, action is Left
19:21:45 T:1300 DEBUG: CGUIWindowPVRCommon - PVR::CGUIWindowPVRCommon::OnMessageFocus - focus set to window 'tv'
19:21:45 T:1300 DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 50, sym: 0112, unicode: 0000, modifier: 0
19:21:45 T:1300 DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: down (f081) pressed, action is Down
19:21:46 T:1300 DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 50, sym: 0112, unicode: 0000, modifier: 0
19:21:46 T:1300 DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: down (f081) pressed, action is Down
19:21:46 T:1300 DEBUG: CGUIWindowPVRCommon - PVR::CGUIWindowPVRCommon::OnMessageFocus - focus set to window 'radio'
19:21:46 T:1300 DEBUG: CGUIWindowPVRChannels - PVR::CGUIWindowPVRChannels::UpdateData - update window 'radio'. set view to 12
19:21:46 T:1300 DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (pvr://channels/radio/All radio channels/)
19:21:46 T:1300 DEBUG: ParentPath = []
19:21:46 T:3712 DEBUG: CPVRDirectory::GetDirectory(pvr://channels/radio/All radio channels)
19:21:46 T:1888 DEBUG: Thread PVR Channel Window start, auto delete: 0
19:21:46 T:1300 DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 50, sym: 0112, unicode: 0000, modifier: 0
19:21:46 T:1300 DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: down (f081) pressed, action is Down
19:21:46 T:1300 DEBUG: CGUIWindowPVRCommon - PVR::CGUIWindowPVRCommon::OnMessageFocus - focus set to window 'epg'
19:21:46 T:1300 DEBUG: CGUIWindowPVRGuide - PVR::CGUIWindowPVRGuide::UpdateData - update window 'epg'. set view to 16
19:21:46 T:1300 DEBUG: CGUIEPGGridContainer - EPG::CGUIEPGGridContainer::SetStartEnd - start=05/26/2012 7:00:00 PM end=06/04/2012 6:30:00 PM
19:21:46 T:1300 DEBUG: EPG::CGUIEPGGridContainer::UpdateItems completed successfully in 57 ms
19:21:46 T:1300 ERROR: exception in CApplication::FrameMove()
19:21:46 T:1300 ERROR: Previous line repeats 10 times.
19:21:46 T:1300 ERROR: CApplication::FrameMove(), too many exceptions
(2012-05-26, 21:28)ArieS Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks!
Hmm, I enabled it but I don't see a movie count for my playlists...?

The counts show in Default Breadcrumbs and Breadcrumbs Classic. Right in the middle on top
Classic Top Panels do not since there is no middle section for that style.

Just tested it here with a few different playlists, total movie count shows properly in Default and Classic Breadcrumbs.