Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-06-27, 01:47)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]fixed now. no need for Confused when i´m in the process of adding stuff Wink

Excellent work my friend Smile I'll test it out and report back Wink
(2012-06-25, 09:36)Bert02 Wrote: [ -> ]ok so i have a few problems id like to try and fix
my old aeon nox v2 was working fine and then it auto updated to v3
no biggie edited all my settings again but....
-i lost my firefox menu in the home screen - im sure i could fic but i rarely used it anyway so not going to bother
- every time the program loads it opens to the tv guide home screen yet in v2 i had it set to open to the TV shows home screen (how do i fix this?)
- had massive amounts of errors with yahoo music addon that im sure i never installed every startup id get errors about it, it was already disabled but i re disabled it and dont have a problem anymore
- in the tv guide menu the quick nav bar wont disappear and even when i rescan the tv data its not showing anything anymore...?

the other thing is if i roll back the next time i open xbmc all the addons auto update so i cant just roll back to the older version

im happy with this new version just want to fix the tv guide problem and the tv shows as the main homescreen on every restart

I would like to know if this broken tv guide feature will be restored as well?
(2012-06-27, 02:39)darthanubis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-25, 09:36)Bert02 Wrote: [ -> ]ok so i have a few problems id like to try and fix
my old aeon nox v2 was working fine and then it auto updated to v3
no biggie edited all my settings again but....
-i lost my firefox menu in the home screen - im sure i could fic but i rarely used it anyway so not going to bother
- every time the program loads it opens to the tv guide home screen yet in v2 i had it set to open to the TV shows home screen (how do i fix this?)
- had massive amounts of errors with yahoo music addon that im sure i never installed every startup id get errors about it, it was already disabled but i re disabled it and dont have a problem anymore
- in the tv guide menu the quick nav bar wont disappear and even when i rescan the tv data its not showing anything anymore...?

the other thing is if i roll back the next time i open xbmc all the addons auto update so i cant just roll back to the older version

im happy with this new version just want to fix the tv guide problem and the tv shows as the main homescreen on every restart

I would like to know if this broken tv guide feature will be restored as well?

not skin-specific. they have some api problems over there at tvrage.com.
(2012-06-26, 19:46)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]new day, new stuff: makin use of the beautiful new logos in music and videoOSD:

I'm loving the new icon set. I prefer it over text.

If I wanted to make the top bar smaller (icons also) on the OSD, which xml file would I want to change. Would it be the playercontols file?
(2012-06-27, 04:52)handbone Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-26, 19:46)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]new day, new stuff: makin use of the beautiful new logos in music and videoOSD:

I'm loving the new icon set. I prefer it over text.

If I wanted to make the top bar smaller (icons also) on the OSD, which xml file would I want to change. Would it be the playercontols file?

no, MusicOSD.xml and VideoOSD.xml.
Thanks
Thanks Phil. It gives me more screen space.

With the edition of the icons, this is by far the best skin I've used.
(2012-06-27, 06:37)handbone Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Phil. It gives me more screen space.

With the edition of the icons, this is by far the best skin I've used.

I agree without a doubt ,just got the update now I can set a path for my comics/magazines but does nothing on open previously it was added as a custom favorite (nox 3)
maybe because it points to them and doesnt see them correctly (as source in pictures)
(2012-06-26, 22:52)Deano316 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-26, 17:04)Shinu Wrote: [ -> ]not sure if u saw my question phil....

(2012-06-24, 16:44)Shinu Wrote: [ -> ]is it possible for u to set the infopanel for landscape, dvd case, etc to off? for the logo option for landscapes, it would be nice to just press up to directly access the "play trailer" option instead of seeing the panel first. also can u have it so that the user can set the panel to off in one viewtype and on in another?

Check the Nox 3.0 modding thread, we have a mod there which will give you the one-click trailer you're after Wink

In one logo mode pressing down now directly accesses the media menu or trailer button. Scrollbar was kinda useless anyway in that view.
A guys from Passion-XBMC have made french PNG for OverlayUnWatched (NOUVEAU !) and OverlayWatched (DEJA VU !):

He has made a tuto : http://passion-xbmc.org/aeon/(aeon-nox-3...msg133050/

- remove textures.xbt
- download AeonNox3.0.zip
- extract media directory in media skin directory
- overwrite default PNG with custom PNG

Am I wrong when I told him that next time Aeon Nox will be upgrade (from GIT or from XBMC), he will lose his modifications.

Is it possible to :

- get specific string in strings.xml
English :
Code:
<string id="312600">New</string>
<string id="312601">Watched</string>

French :
Code:
<string id="312600">Nouveau</string>
<string id="312601">DejaVu</string>

- in skin, don't use OverlayWatched.png but Overlay<"312601">.png (don't know how to get string value from ID in XML)
- in textures.xbt, provide OerlayWatched.png and OverlayDejaVu.png

The problem is for people who want to translate Aeon Nox. He must not translate those strings unless he provide translated PNG or rename default PNG. And what about specifics alphabets like greek, russian, asian, ... Huh

May be it's not a good idea :S
(2012-06-27, 10:31)mikebzh44 Wrote: [ -> ]A guys from Passion-XBMC have made french PNG for OverlayUnWatched (NOUVEAU !) and OverlayWatched (DEJA VU !):

- remove textures.xbt

Am I wrong when I told him that next time Aeon Nox will be upgrade (from GIT or from XBMC), he will lose his modifications.

Is it possible to :

English :
Code:

French :
Code:

- in skin, don't use OverlayWatched.png but Overlay<"312601">.png (don't know how to get string value from ID in XML)

The problem is for people who want to translate Aeon Nox. He must not translate those strings unless he provide translated PNG or rename default PNG. And what about specifics alphabets like greek, russian, asian, ... Huh

Effectively, I based myself on this comment "flags" but I did not think of what's happened in case of update Confused
hey BN & phil , have you given the Landscape Mod ( by Deano316 & defluo) a quick whirl, it looks super.. Kinda like BigFan view but with extrafanart and all bells & whistles. Would you consider incorporating that as a view in the NOX ?( Its the Nox modding thread Post #9)
(2012-06-27, 10:31)mikebzh44 Wrote: [ -> ]A guys from Passion-XBMC have made french PNG for OverlayUnWatched (NOUVEAU !) and OverlayWatched (DEJA VU !):

- remove textures.xbt

Is it possible to :

English :
Code:

French :
Code:

I tried a few months back to incorporate this by $INFO[System.Language,thumbs/,OverlayWatched.png] but there was a problem with that, although i can't remember what...

(2012-06-27, 11:28)shaktoo Wrote: [ -> ]hey BN & phil , have you given the Landscape Mod ( by Deano316 & defluo) a quick whirl, it looks super.. Kinda like BigFan view but with extrafanart and all bells & whistles. Would you consider incorporating that as a view in the NOX ?( Its the Nox modding thread Post #9)

Already implemented in git version, landscape view --> single logo
(2012-06-27, 10:18)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-26, 22:52)Deano316 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-26, 17:04)Shinu Wrote: [ -> ]not sure if u saw my question phil....

Check the Nox 3.0 modding thread, we have a mod there which will give you the one-click trailer you're after Wink

In one logo mode pressing down now directly accesses the media menu or trailer button. Scrollbar was kinda useless anyway in that view.

A, seemingly, long time ago - when I used to play trailers of movies while browsing in short list mode - I swear it used to play them inside a box above the shortlist, not in full screen. Am I imagining that?
Cheers ! once again 2 steps ahead of the pack ...