Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-07-04, 20:35)CutSickAss Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-04, 20:15)Deano316 Wrote: [ -> ]I realise I've used up my question quota for the day but I'm so close to finishing my mod it's driving me mad!! Just need to display the tagline in the pic below in caps rather than the upper/lower mix it is now. Tried adding a line in the font.xml but no joy. Anyone help me out with this last part?

phil65 has already mentioned in the Modding thread that you could use the [UPPERCASE]....[/UPPERCASE] tags, but I personally believe a better solution would be to just use a CAPS font (simply Uppercasing causes problems with a few languages other than English). If you look inside Font.xml you'll see that for almost every font, there is a corresponding CAPS font. So in Viewtype_Landscape.xml search for "$VAR[LandscapeLogoLabelVar]", around line 329. A few lines above it, in the same control, is the font it utilizes... just change that from "<font>Font_Info</font>" to "<font>Font_Info_Caps</font>".

I did try to find a CAPS font in the first place to avoid the problem, but so far I haven't found a CAPS version of the font I'm using. This is more of a 'second best' approach. The fact that you mentioned the steps I'd already taken is very encouraging though, it shows me I'm thinking the right the right way Smile I'll keep looking though, as what you say makes a lot of sense.
(2012-07-03, 21:58)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-03, 20:54)Rygrath Wrote: [ -> ]Could something similar be added to another banner type view like Tri-Panel's banner list? Just a little something to make the focus banner stand out a tad bit more.

Tried to add similar effect to TriPanel - Banner. Is it better then before?

I was just able to test and gave it a shot. But for me personally I still having problems to see where the focus is, with the zoom effect you can clearly see where you are. With this option only when you move Sad
How do I turn off music visualization in menu? I want it in fullscreen, but not on the menu. And how to turn off song duration on menu?
for main menu: press up in customizer
song duration cannot get turned off atm, but will implement that perhaps.
@RavenNL: Okay tried something else. I tried zooming and it would work if only the middle banner always has focus. Thats the only item it looks good on, but unfortunately such a list control is not available for us, so zooming is no option for me.

@mindweaver: in main menu customizer, press up for the now playing options. turn off audio visualization. The song duration is not optional on home screen, so that would have to be done by editing code.

EDIT: phil was faster Big Grin
Is there an edit I could make to change the transparency of fanart slideshow when playing over milkdrop visualization? I'd like to see more slideshow, less visualization. And any chance of an option setting there down the road?
Go to MusicVisualisation.xml and edit the number 20 according to your needs in this line:
Code:
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="20" time="0" condition="[StringCompare(Visualisation.Name,milkdrop) | StringCompare(Visualisation.Name,projectm)] + Skin.HasSetting(FadeVizBG)">Conditional</animation>

I personally dont feel the need to make this optional.
(2012-07-04, 23:11)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]Go to MusicVisualisation.xml and edit the number 20 according to your needs in this line:
Code:
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="20" time="0" condition="[StringCompare(Visualisation.Name,milkdrop) | StringCompare(Visualisation.Name,projectm)] + Skin.HasSetting(FadeVizBG)">Conditional</animation>

normally i would agree, but perhaps a good place to make use of the colorpicker transparency slider again there?
Thank you kind sir, and yes after I posted I realized that was a fairly ridiculous level of customization I was asking about Wink

edit: hmm perhaps I spoke too soon - one man's ridiculous level of customization is another man's coding challenge maybe? :p
(2012-07-04, 23:15)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-04, 23:11)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]Go to MusicVisualisation.xml and edit the number 20 according to your needs in this line:
Code:

normally i would agree, but perhaps a good place to make use of the colorpicker transparency slider again there?

That could work. Run the script if its installed and the option is set to true. No extra options needed then.
figured out my other issue.. using XBMC PVR with this skin and it is working out pretty damn good.. only issue.. is there anyway t oget channel logos other than importing them all manually?
(2012-07-05, 03:23)gman3042 Wrote: [ -> ]figured out my other issue.. using XBMC PVR with this skin and it is working out pretty damn good.. only issue.. is there anyway t oget channel logos other than importing them all manually?

in pvr settings you can point to a folder somewhere. the .pngs in that folder exactly need to have the name of the channel.
small heads-up for all who do not use the GIT version: small preview of 3.5
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=135362
you wouldn't happen to have any png's with all channel logos would you? Wink
(2012-07-05, 03:49)gman3042 Wrote: [ -> ]you wouldn't happen to have any png's with all channel logos would you? Wink

google is your friend. i found a package for german channels somewhere.
Edit: nevermind