Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-05-29, 15:24)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]And if that doesnt help try deleting script.watchlist

Thanks for looking into this much appreciated, but in the meantime i tried some stuff on my own and I think I found the problem. I changed the refresh rate delay to 2seconds (was turned off) and it seems that it's working fine now. Still strange that I need to use this setting all of a sudden.

----------
Think i cheered to soon. Although it does seems that it occurs less then before but it still happens sometimes. I tried your steps as well but that doesn't make any difference. Sad
I started a dozen of movies and experienced and that went fine. However I when I start a tv-show season by going one by one, there is always 1 episode where it happens (it's completely random and next aired was disabled and removed script.watchlist).
I just wanted to commend the skinners/developers for this skin. I used version 2.0.0 for long and all of a sudden 3.0.0 just blew my mind... It was like a quantum leap in evolution, respecting the concept but taking it to a waaaaaay higher standard of finesse.

[The following is a tremendously biased and subjective view] I find this skin as the perfect balance between elegance, functionality, simplicity, style, coolness and professionalism... I'm just sold !

MANY THANKS!
(2012-05-29, 18:47)jackh Wrote: [ -> ]I just wanted to commend the skinners/developers for this skin. I used version 2.0.0 for long and all of a sudden 3.0.0 just blew my mind... It was like a quantum leap in evolution, respecting the concept but taking it to a waaaaaay higher standard of finesse.

[The following is a tremendously biased and subjective view] I find this skin as the perfect balance between elegance, functionality, simplicity, style, coolness and professionalism... I'm just sold !

MANY THANKS!

thx, we appreciate that Smile
is it possible to run it on Dharma? Is there any chance to get it from outside the repo? You have done a tremendous work on this new version, but I can't jump from Dharma to Eden in order to test/enjoy it
(2012-05-29, 19:13)Ovokx Wrote: [ -> ]is it possible to run it on Dharma? Is there any chance to get it from outside the repo? You have done a tremendous work on this new version, but I can't jump from Dharma to Eden in order to test/enjoy it

no, not supported.
why are you still using dharma?

you can download our skin by using git.
(2012-05-29, 15:32)RavenNL Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-29, 15:24)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]And if that doesnt help try deleting script.watchlist

Thanks for looking into this much appreciated, but in the meantime i tried some stuff on my own and I think I found the problem. I changed the refresh rate delay to 2seconds (was turned off) and it seems that it's working fine now. Still strange that I need to use this setting all of a sudden.

----------
Think i cheered to soon. Although it does seems that it occurs less then before but it still happens sometimes. I tried your steps as well but that doesn't make any difference. Sad
I started a dozen of movies and experienced and that went fine. However I when I start a tv-show season by going one by one, there is always 1 episode where it happens (it's completely random and next aired was disabled and removed script.watchlist).
I'm pretty sure it's script related. Do you have tvtunes enabled in skins that dont have this problem?
(2012-05-29, 19:16)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-29, 19:13)Ovokx Wrote: [ -> ]is it possible to run it on Dharma? Is there any chance to get it from outside the repo? You have done a tremendous work on this new version, but I can't jump from Dharma to Eden in order to test/enjoy it

no, not supported.
why are you still using dharma?

you can download our skin by using git.

Thanks for your quick reply! It's pitty that this version wasn't supported

I'm still using Dharma due to network issues. If I use Eden, all the outside connections don't work (can't download anything from the official repo, can't scrap movies/tv info, images, etc), but in Dharma all works fine. I can't find any clue in order to solve this problem and make the transition... Sad

(2012-05-29, 19:16)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-29, 15:32)RavenNL Wrote: [ -> ]

----------
I'm pretty sure it's script related. Do you have tvtunes enabled in skins that dont have this problem?

No, I have it installed but I don't use it all.

I uninstalled XBMC and everything and performed some tests. It looks like it's related to trakt utilities, when the addon wasn't installed i couldn't reproduce the problem and now when I have it installed the same problem is back. Could be coincidence so i'm not cheering yet Wink

here's my latest debug log + debug feature on from the addon itself: http://pastebin.com/bPggdNvr
(2012-05-29, 01:05)kelendral Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-28, 03:12)kelendral Wrote: [ -> ]Tiny question, been bugging me for a while now. How can I replace OverlayWatched.png with the one from say 1.7? Tried just copying that one and placing it the media folder for the skin and restarting but it still uses the 2.0+ newer one. I kind of liked the older one since it stood out more from the text. Thanks in advance for the time/answer.

To be clear this is the file I would like to use:https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/blob...atched.png

Currently the skin uses one like:https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/blob...atched.png

Looking to do this for Video | Files | List view type.
Well, still haven't managed to replace the check mark with the older one but at least made it more visible for now.
in Viewtype_List.xml made the following change throughout the file:
Code:
<info>ListItem.Overlay</info>
changed to:
Code:
<colordiffuse>ffffff00</colordiffuse>

That at least makes the checkmark yellow and stand out a bit more from the text. Values for colordiffuse are AARRGGBB (Alpha, Red, Green, Blue).

Actually, adding that field as an option/variable with the ability to adjust might solve some requests I've seen in this thread and even in the 2.0 threads. The color changing ability solves the request of some to make the check more visible (as an example above where I made the checkmarks appear yellow).
The alpha channel solves the request of those who would like to make it less/invisible. (for example in the above, changing the colordiffuse to 00ffff00 still leave the color as yellow but it doesn't matter as the checkmark won't show because it becomes completely transparent/invisible).

Just an idea.

(2012-05-29, 19:30)RavenNL Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-29, 19:16)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-29, 15:32)RavenNL Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for looking into this much appreciated, but in the meantime i tried some stuff on my own and I think I found the problem. I changed the refresh rate delay to 2seconds (was turned off) and it seems that it's working fine now. Still strange that I need to use this setting all of a sudden.

----------

I uninstalled XBMC and everything and performed some tests. It looks like it's related to trakt utilities, when the addon wasn't installed i couldn't reproduce the problem and now when I have it installed the same problem is back. Could be coincidence so i'm not cheering yet Wink

here's my latest debug log + debug feature on from the addon itself: http://pastebin.com/bPggdNvr
Okay, then it might be a combination then from trakt utilities and tvtunes. Whats different in nox is that we dont have a setting anymore for tvtunes. We assume the add-on is wanted when installed so it loads when opening tvshows. If you dont use it, disable it in the add-ons section to make sure its not loaded. In the debug log is saw tvtunes is loaded on your system.

(2012-05-29, 19:32)kelendral Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-29, 01:05)kelendral Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-28, 03:12)kelendral Wrote: [ -> ]Tiny question, been bugging me for a while now. How can I replace OverlayWatched.png with the one from say 1.7? Tried just copying that one and placing it the media folder for the skin and restarting but it still uses the 2.0+ newer one. I kind of liked the older one since it stood out more from the text. Thanks in advance for the time/answer.

To be clear this is the file I would like to use:https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/blob...atched.png

Currently the skin uses one like:https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/blob...atched.png

Looking to do this for Video | Files | List view type.
Well, still haven't managed to replace the check mark with the older one but at least made it more visible for now.
in Viewtype_List.xml made the following change throughout the file:
Code:
changed to:
Code:
<colordiffuse>ffffff00</colordiffuse>

That at least makes the checkmark yellow and stand out a bit more from the text. Values for colordiffuse are AARRGGBB (Alpha, Red, Green, Blue).

Actually, adding that field as an option/variable with the ability to adjust might solve some requests I've seen in this thread and even in the 2.0 threads. The color changing ability solves the request of some to make the check more visible (as an example above where I made the checkmarks appear yellow).
The alpha channel solves the request of those who would like to make it less/invisible. (for example in the above, changing the colordiffuse to 00ffff00 still leave the color as yellow but it doesn't matter as the checkmark won't show because it becomes completely transparent/invisible).

Just an idea.
You can only replace textures if you have the uncompressed textures. As long as theres Textures.xbt in the media folder, it will load the textures from that file instead of your custom ones. The uncompressed textures are available on my github page.
(2012-05-29, 19:36)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]You can only replace textures if you have the uncompressed textures. As long as theres Textures.xbt in the media folder, it will load the textures from that file instead of your custom ones. The uncompressed textures are available on my github page.
Ah, that explains it. Actually, I'm kind of liking the new check mark now anyway. With the ability to alter the color and transparency level it works quite nicely. Don't know why I didn't get around to playing with the skin's workings itself sooner.

(2012-05-29, 19:36)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-29, 19:30)RavenNL Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-29, 19:16)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure it's script related. Do you have tvtunes enabled in skins that dont have this problem?

Okay, then it might be a combination then from trakt utilities and tvtunes. Whats different in nox is that we dont have a setting anymore for tvtunes. We assume the add-on is wanted when installed so it loads when opening tvshows. If you dont use it, disable it in the add-ons section to make sure its not loaded. In the debug log is saw tvtunes is loaded on your system.

But I started from scratch and completely uninstalled xbmc so tv-tunes is gone. So it can be only related to trakt utilities, but how come MQ3 doesn't have any problems there since i used it there as well.
(2012-05-29, 19:43)RavenNL Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-29, 19:36)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-29, 19:30)RavenNL Wrote: [ -> ]No, I have it installed but I don't use it all.

But I started from scratch and completely uninstalled xbmc so tv-tunes is gone. So it can be only related to trakt utilities, but how come MQ3 doesn't have any problems there since i used it there as well.
Yeah sorry, missed your second debug log. Thats what I'm trying to figure out also to see what we do different. Only thing I can think of is scripts, and maybe the watchlist or next aired script doesnt play nice with trakt utilities. Next aired and watchlist get installed with the skin so they are also on a fresh install.
Could you provide a debug log with next aired disabled and where this happens?
(2012-05-29, 19:58)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-29, 19:43)RavenNL Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-29, 19:36)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, then it might be a combination then from trakt utilities and tvtunes. Whats different in nox is that we dont have a setting anymore for tvtunes. We assume the add-on is wanted when installed so it loads when opening tvshows. If you dont use it, disable it in the add-ons section to make sure its not loaded. In the debug log is saw tvtunes is loaded on your system.

Yeah sorry, missed your second debug log. Thats what I'm trying to figure out also to see what we do different. Only thing I can think of is scripts, and maybe the watchlist or next aired script doesnt play nice with trakt utilities. Next aired and watchlist get installed with the skin so they are also on a fresh install.
Could you provide a debug log with next aired disabled and where this happens?

I just tried to start and stop about 30 episodes while 'next-aird' was turned off and 'trak utilities' was turned on and nothing happened. All the time it started without any problems, while normally i experienced the problem very fast. Then I turned back on trakt utilities and immediately at the first episode i tried it locks up (black screen but can hear sound).

That's strange however because I tested this after you mentioned it and then it locked up. However I'm not sure if I restarted XBMC, which I did now after every test.

Got the watchlist working, had to restore an old windows restore. Anyway, now I can't get the featured movies/tv shows backgrounds to work. Things appear in the featured section but the backgrounds aren't showing. Any ideas?