Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-05-25, 11:32)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]1) press "I", focus fanart and click, you´ll see it in fullscreen then. we removed those invisible button stuff because it made navigation too complex.
2) set infopanel option to manual in viewtype settings

1) Thanks!
2) Thanks!

(2012-05-25, 11:32)Rygrath Wrote: [ -> ]Believe the option to hit Down twice was removed a good long while ago early in 3.0 development. Probably a design choice, though admittedly I kinda miss it sometimes, but no biggie.
I concur, hopefully they'll change their mind at some point and bring it back... Wink

Quote:By applying this update all settings from previous version are lost! This includes custom backgrounds, paths to subtitle/lyrics add-on and assigned favorites to the main menu.

Yes it did! Automatically via the addon manager and totally fxxxed up my completely customized version. Since i have that version running at multiple peoples houses, it was screwed up everywhere.

Better not release it like this next time... XBMC should have the option for a Do not Update Automatically.
(2012-05-25, 12:23)Ballistic Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:By applying this update all settings from previous version are lost! This includes custom backgrounds, paths to subtitle/lyrics add-on and assigned favorites to the main menu.

Yes it did! Automatically via the addon manager and totally fxxxed up my completely customized version. Since i have that version running at multiple peoples houses, it was screwed up everywhere.

Better not release it like this next time... XBMC should have the option for a Do not Update Automatically.

no, settings are not lost (when doing a rollback). if, then there´s someting else wrong at your end. post your guisettings.xml.
we already explained that this was a one-timer and led to a healthy discussion inside xbmc team. so possible that the updating behaviour will get some changes in the future.
you already have the option to disable auto-update now btw.
I am running XBMC on an HP n40l, in win7, nox 2 was buttery smooth, really loved it, nox 3 seems a little more sluggish when entering and leaving libraries, im sure nox 3 has many improvements but I liked nox 2. I would like to rollback but the option is greyed out.

I have read through this thread from page one, but I might have missed the solution. If I did, please forgive my ignorance and point me in the right direction.
(2012-05-25, 12:31)Subways81 Wrote: [ -> ]I am running XBMC on an HP n40l, in win7, nox 2 was buttery smooth, really loved it, nox 3 seems a little more sluggish when entering and leaving libraries, im sure nox 3 has many improvements but I liked nox 2. I would like to rollback but the option is greyed out.

I have read through this thread from page one, but I might have missed the solution. If I did, please forgive my ignorance and point me in the right direction.

buy glasses Wink

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1110763
I already wear glasses, what I need to do is learn to read entire sentences. Haha. Thanks Phili.

The skin is beautiful. The tri panel view mode looks really good.

Could you tell me to configure to it to display me Tv shows like the screeny you have in the first post at all?
http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z429...Layout.jpg

Thanks
viewtypeConfusedhowcase

with viewtype settings:
infopanel on
layout option 1
title:logo

and color settings:
blue
color panels & Labels
(2012-05-25, 12:05)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-25, 11:58)bob_loblaw Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-25, 11:22)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]what´s exactly wrong about the unwatched count in you opinion?
weather icon was removed (and won´t return since it didn´t fit the look)
will check multi image backgrounds.

EDIT multi image backgrounds workin here. for which menu item does it not work for you?
The weather icon is on the main menu though (it's raining right now and I'm getting a water droplet outline icon). When going into the video library the temperature and humidity are listed as normal, just no icon. That's how it's meant to work?

I'm using multi image on music, movies and TV. It used to work fine on 2.0... Actually, it's because the directories are coming from an SMB share (as I have a centralised setup with shared thumbs etc). Setting it to a local directory works fine but SMB does not. Odd though that in the customiser thing it works with SMB but not in 'normal' mode! Seem to recall 2.0 did that too, now that I come to think of it.

The unwatched count shows the wrong total count in the unwatched view. e.g. In all videos, a show will have 10 episodes, 5 unwatched. Same in watched view. In unwatched view this same show will say 5 episodes, 5 unwatched. Sounds like this may be related to XBMC though?

Aeon Nox has been my 'daily driver' for years now, really happy with it, especially the customisation options.

1)no, the icon you´re seeing is always a "rain drop", i had no better idea to indicate what the percentage value should mean. (i agree that this is also not perfect, but we won´t re-add the colored icon because it just does not fit. my suggestion is to look out of the window if you want that feature back Wink )
2) never use stuff from samba sources if it can be avoided. it´s slower and more prone to errors.
3) and yes, unwatched count is related to xbmc.

for all people with video playback problems: please try exchanging DialogFullScreenInfo.xml VideoFullScreen.xml VideoOSD.xml DialogProgress.xml from 3.0 with the ones from 2.0.
it will look crappy, i only want to know if it works then again.

I'm yet to try your suggested experiment as the kids are watching The Incredibles, but I did go back to GIT. The same issue there as with the release, I assume it is the same exact version. I then rolled back to the one prior, and problem solved. No more loss of control on video playback. Was something introduced between the versions to cause some of us to experience the behaviour?

Why every one here thinks Addons Auto Update is a skin option ? Option to enable/disable Auto Update already was a xbmc setting in Dharma !

WIKI:

Updating From the main menu, go to System/Settings -> Add-ons

If auto updates are turned off then you should see a folder that says something like "Available updates" where you can go in and one-by-one update add-ons

If you want to enable/disable auto-updates, while in the Add-on manager bring up the side bar (press left) and enable/disable auto-updates.
(2012-05-25, 12:58)muzzakus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-25, 12:05)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-25, 11:58)bob_loblaw Wrote: [ -> ]The weather icon is on the main menu though (it's raining right now and I'm getting a water droplet outline icon). When going into the video library the temperature and humidity are listed as normal, just no icon. That's how it's meant to work?

I'm using multi image on music, movies and TV. It used to work fine on 2.0... Actually, it's because the directories are coming from an SMB share (as I have a centralised setup with shared thumbs etc). Setting it to a local directory works fine but SMB does not. Odd though that in the customiser thing it works with SMB but not in 'normal' mode! Seem to recall 2.0 did that too, now that I come to think of it.

The unwatched count shows the wrong total count in the unwatched view. e.g. In all videos, a show will have 10 episodes, 5 unwatched. Same in watched view. In unwatched view this same show will say 5 episodes, 5 unwatched. Sounds like this may be related to XBMC though?

Aeon Nox has been my 'daily driver' for years now, really happy with it, especially the customisation options.

1)no, the icon you´re seeing is always a "rain drop", i had no better idea to indicate what the percentage value should mean. (i agree that this is also not perfect, but we won´t re-add the colored icon because it just does not fit. my suggestion is to look out of the window if you want that feature back Wink )
2) never use stuff from samba sources if it can be avoided. it´s slower and more prone to errors.

for all people with video playback problems: please try exchanging DialogFullScreenInfo.xml VideoFullScreen.xml VideoOSD.xml DialogProgress.xml from 3.0 with the ones from 2.0.

I'm yet to try your suggested experiment as the kids are watching The Incredibles, but I did go back to GIT. The same issue there as with the release, I assume it is the same exact version. I then rolled back to the one prior, and problem solved. No more loss of control on video playback. Was something introduced between the versions to cause some of us to experience the behaviour?

if you´re familiar with GIT you could go back the complete commit timeline and see since when that happens (would definitely be the easiest way to bugfix this)
(2012-05-25, 13:02)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-25, 12:58)muzzakus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-25, 12:05)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]1)no, the icon you´re seeing is always a "rain drop", i had no better idea to indicate what the percentage value should mean. (i agree that this is also not perfect, but we won´t re-add the colored icon because it just does not fit. my suggestion is to look out of the window if you want that feature back Wink )

if you´re familiar with GIT you could go back the complete commit timeline and see since when that happens (would definitely be the easiest way to bugfix this)

Sorry, it's foreign to me. But I can post the exact version # that works, and the version # that is exhibiting the issue if that's helpful at all?
OK, here's a log covering the lack of control bug.
http://temp-share.com/show/YgFHKu2Ey

As a summary, at 14:18.05 I start playing a local file, which responds normally to controls and at 14:18.22 I stop the file playing.

At 14:19.02 I select a TED video using the TED plugin. This starts playing and I have no control over what happens until the file reaches its natural end at 14:26:23. During that time I am pressing keys on the remote control and on the computer keyboard, with no response from XBMC.

The remainder of the log covers me quitting XBMC.
(2012-05-25, 12:59)butchabay Wrote: [ -> ]Why every one here thinks Addons Auto Update is a skin option ? Option to enable/disable Auto Update already was a xbmc setting in Dharma !

WIKI:

Updating From the main menu, go to System/Settings -> Add-ons

If auto updates are turned off then you should see a folder that says something like "Available updates" where you can go in and one-by-one update add-ons

If you want to enable/disable auto-updates, while in the Add-on manager bring up the side bar (press left) and enable/disable auto-updates.

Thanks for this.
(2012-05-25, 13:10)csdf Wrote: [ -> ]OK, here's a log covering the lack of control bug.
http://temp-share.com/show/YgFHKu2Ey

As a summary, at 14:18.05 I start playing a local file, which responds normally to controls and at 14:18.22 I stop the file playing.

At 14:19.02 I select a TED video using the TED plugin. This starts playing and I have no control over what happens until the file reaches its natural end at 14:26:23. During that time I am pressing keys on the remote control and on the computer keyboard, with no response from XBMC.

The remainder of the log covers me quitting XBMC.

(2012-05-25, 11:56)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]best for all people with those problems would be to create an issue on our github issues list and attach all your debug logs there so we don´t have to search all the threads when contacting the devs is needed for example.

(2012-05-25, 13:10)muzzakus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-25, 13:02)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-25, 12:58)muzzakus Wrote: [ -> ]I'm yet to try your suggested experiment as the kids are watching The Incredibles, but I did go back to GIT. The same issue there as with the release, I assume it is the same exact version. I then rolled back to the one prior, and problem solved. No more loss of control on video playback. Was something introduced between the versions to cause some of us to experience the behaviour?

Sorry, it's foreign to me. But I can post the exact version # that works, and the version # that is exhibiting the issue if that's helpful at all?

if you want to tell me that it works for 2.0 but not for 3.0, that´s not new to me. i would need a specific commit from 3.0 dev branch to narrow that down.