Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-05-30, 04:00)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]what do you mean exactly with " latest episode was rotating out the wallpaper based on what shows were recently added on a timer "? do backgrounds show up when you wait some time?
it should cycle through the fanarts of the items in the widget.

When switching from tab to tab, if I stopped on my Anime tab for example, without moving up to one of the shows in the widget, the wallpaper would cycle through on a timer based on the last added shows in general (TV or anime)
Not certain if this is the correct place to post this, but...

I'm experiencing the following issue:

Goal: To have an entry on the Home Screen that goes directly to a specific folder of videos.

How I have tried to do this:
1. I add the folder as a source for Videos (the folder is: J:\Videos\Personal\Main Collection\)
2. I add the folder to my favourites
3. I go to skin settings and add the favourite as an entry on the Home Screen.

When I go to my favourites list and choose the entry from there, it works great.
When I go to the entry on the Home Page, it gives me a garbled mess of a screen.

This is what I get in the error log:
Quote:09:11:38 T:4396 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
09:11:43 T:1940 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
09:12:03 T:376 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
09:12:03 T:2312 WARNING: Trying to add unsupported control type 1
09:12:03 T:2312 ERROR: Control 6 in window 13000 has been asked to focus, but it can't
09:12:19 T:2312 ERROR: CLocalizeStrings::ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block C:\Users\Media PC2\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.favourites
09:12:26 T:2312 WARNING: CUtil::SplitParams(10025,"J:\Videos\Personal\Main Collection\",return) - end of string while searching for ) or "
09:12:26 T:2312 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
09:12:26 T:2312 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting "J:\Videos\Personal\Main Collection",return
09:12:26 T:2312 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory("J:\Videos\Personal\Main Collection",return) failed
09:12:26 T:4308 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
09:12:33 T:2312 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting "J:\Videos\Personal/
09:12:33 T:2312 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory("J:\Videos\Personal/) failed
09:12:33 T:2312 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting "J:\Videos/
09:12:33 T:2312 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory("J:\Videos/) failed
09:12:33 T:2312 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting "J:/
09:12:33 T:2312 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory("J:/) failed
09:13:09 T:1108 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
09:13:09 T:2312 WARNING: Trying to add unsupported control type 1
09:13:09 T:2312 ERROR: Control 6 in window 13000 has been asked to focus, but it can't
09:13:14 T:2312 ERROR: CLocalizeStrings::ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block C:\Users\Media PC2\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.favourites
09:13:20 T:2312 WARNING: CUtil::SplitParams(10025,"J:\Videos\Personal\Main Collection\",return) - end of string while searching for ) or "
09:13:20 T:2312 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
09:13:20 T:2312 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting "J:\Videos\Personal\Main Collection",return
09:13:20 T:2312 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory("J:\Videos\Personal\Main Collection",return) failed
09:13:20 T:4688 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--

Any ideas?
(2012-05-30, 04:23)tankerdin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-30, 04:00)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]what do you mean exactly with " latest episode was rotating out the wallpaper based on what shows were recently added on a timer "? do backgrounds show up when you wait some time?

When switching from tab to tab, if I stopped on my Anime tab for example, without moving up to one of the shows in the widget, the wallpaper would cycle through on a timer based on the last added shows in general (TV or anime)

you´re using git?
made a change concerning that, perhaps that fixed that already.
you have it set to playlist fanart, right?
(2012-05-30, 04:31)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-30, 04:23)tankerdin Wrote: [ -> ]

you´re using git?
made a change concerning that, perhaps that fixed that already.
you have it set to playlist fanart, right?

I've got the 3.0 pulled from the repo. I'll look into the git version and see if it makes a difference. I was getting a black wallpaper on the anime tab, not widget, using Playlist Fanart.

Is it possible to add a custom submenu to a main menu item (play disc) that does not have a submenu selection available?

If so how is it done? I have been playing with the skin settings and can't seem to find a way to do it.
(2012-05-30, 04:28)crisdecuba Wrote: [ -> ]Not certain if this is the correct place to post this, but...

Goal: To have an entry on the Home Screen that goes directly to a specific folder of videos.

1. I add the folder as a source for Videos (the folder is: J:\Videos\Personal\Main Collection\)

When I go to my favourites list and choose the entry from there, it works great.
When I go to the entry on the Home Page, it gives me a garbled mess of a screen.

Any ideas?

Nevermind - figured it out!
Finally had the time to give 3.0 a spin, and I like it ^o^
Random color mode is interesting, I like the new panel style widgets and how they flip to show the info, and I'm glad you managed to keep episode view and even added enhancements. And indeed, navigation is simpler than 2.0, and quicknav is a nice touch.

1 quick question: the "playlist fanart" background is actually "widget fanart" isn't it? The background only shows if I have a widget for the custom item. Even so, it works very nicely =)

Thanks for the nice (and speedy!) work, phil and big_noid Big Grin
(2012-05-29, 20:23)RavenNL Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-29, 19:58)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-29, 19:43)RavenNL Wrote: [ -> ]But I started from scratch and completely uninstalled xbmc so tv-tunes is gone. So it can be only related to trakt utilities, but how come MQ3 doesn't have any problems there since i used it there as well.
Yeah sorry, missed your second debug log. Thats what I'm trying to figure out also to see what we do different. Only thing I can think of is scripts, and maybe the watchlist or next aired script doesnt play nice with trakt utilities. Next aired and watchlist get installed with the skin so they are also on a fresh install.
Could you provide a debug log with next aired disabled and where this happens?

I just tried to start and stop about 30 episodes while 'next-aird' was turned off and 'trak utilities' was turned on and nothing happened. All the time it started without any problems, while normally i experienced the problem very fast. Then I turned back on trakt utilities and immediately at the first episode i tried it locks up (black screen but can hear sound).

That's strange however because I tested this after you mentioned it and then it locked up. However I'm not sure if I restarted XBMC, which I did now after every test.

I see several other people using trakt utilities and don't understand why no one else is experiencing this problem. So I just did a 2nd test to rule out my configuration / computer. I installed XBMC on my main PC and installed trakt utilities and I experienced the same problem but this time I didn't got a black screen but just the xbmc library view what freezes and I can hear the soundtrack playing of the serie.

New debug log from another computer: http://pastebin.com/NjgUJXkL (happens when i start episode 3 of Fringe).

Again i tried to reproduce the problem when next aired is turned off, but again i'm not able to reproduce the problem to get you a debug log.

If you need anything else tested just ask, happy to do it if needed Smile
(2012-05-30, 05:30)crisdecuba Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-30, 04:28)crisdecuba Wrote: [ -> ]Not certain if this is the correct place to post this, but...

Any ideas?

Nevermind - figured it out!

Can you tell me how you achieved this please. I did this on a svn branch back in November but have totally forgotten how - plus I think some of the code naming has changed since then.
(2012-05-29, 23:59)Rumik Wrote: [ -> ]No that doesn't apply Sad woud a debug log help?

Cheers Smile

Do you try to add password protected network shares as backgrounds? If so, could you try the following to see if it solves your problem:

If you're using password protected network shares as sources, you might need to move your username / Password credentials from sources.xml to passwords.xml.
To do this, locate your userdata folder on your XBMC machine. In sources.xml, remove the "user:pass@" part from your network shares.
Then create a passwords.xml with the following:
<passwords>
<path>
<from pathversion="1">smb://SERVER/</from>
<to pathversion="1">smb://USERTongueASSWORD@SERVER/</to>
</path>
</passwords>
Is there any way to get the Watchlist for TV shows in a custom slot under TV Shows? So when I select it I get just a list of shows I'm watching without going through 'Featured'.

Love the skin by the way!
Is there anyway to have local cdart on the album info screen as for some reason its not showing up?
Pic attatched

https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/1358044/...o?h=e2838e

I never know whether this is a bug or an omission !

(Have populated cdarts with cdart manager so I know its not that and have local cdarts for all albums (cdart.png) in relevant folders)

Any help would be most appreciated
I have a problem. XBMC crashes when I trying to view EPG (Timeline). This only appears when In LiveTV options, put "EPG Mode" in Timeline. Resart XBMC and when you try to go to EPG XBMC will crash.

Full log:

http://pastebin.com/ePeJUfbD

I found this phil65 thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=131267 but in my case XBMC crashes Sad

I'm using latest Aeon Nox 3 GIT

Thanks and regards!
(2012-05-30, 12:28)tocinillo Wrote: [ -> ]I have a problem. XBMC crashes when I trying to view EPG (Timeline). This only appears when In LiveTV options, put "EPG Mode" in Timeline. Resart XBMC and when you try to go to EPG XBMC will crash.

Full log:

I found this phil65 thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=131267 but in my case XBMC crashes Sad

Thanks and regards!

since you know a bit about skinning....
would be nice if you could remove the control groups from mypvr.xml one by one and see what causes it.
(2012-05-30, 13:05)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-30, 12:28)tocinillo Wrote: [ -> ]I have a problem. XBMC crashes when I trying to view EPG (Timeline). This only appears when In LiveTV options, put "EPG Mode" in Timeline. Resart XBMC and when you try to go to EPG XBMC will crash.

Full log:

Thanks and regards!

since you know a bit about skinning....
would be nice if you could remove the control groups from mypvr.xml one by one and see what causes it.

Ok, give me 10 minutes Smile