Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's one suggestion and one question:

Suggestion: Make the "new episodes" widget "smarter". If, say, a whole season of some show is added to the library, instead of it occupying all the slots in the new eps widget, give it only one spot. Also, exclude "seen" items from the widget.

Question: Is it possibleto add the "update library" function either as a main menu item or as a submenu-item? It'd make it more accessible for my girlfriend who now exits and restarts xbmc to update the library.
(2012-06-15, 16:26)Kvaks Wrote: [ -> ]Here's one suggestion and one question:

Suggestion: Make the "new episodes" widget "smarter". If, say, a whole season of some show is added to the library, instead of it occupying all the slots in the new eps widget, give it only one spot. Also, exclude "seen" items from the widget.

Question: Is it possibleto add the "update library" function either as a main menu item or as a submenu-item? It'd make it more accessible for my girlfriend who now exits and restarts xbmc to update the library.

1) can´t be done properly by the skin, the items are filled by xbmc itself.
2) yes. type custom --> enter "UpdateLibrary(video)"
(2012-06-15, 16:26)Kvaks Wrote: [ -> ]Question: Is it possibleto add the "update library" function either as a main menu item or as a submenu-item? It'd make it more accessible for my girlfriend who now exits and restarts xbmc to update the library.

Update is already a submenu item under movies isn't it? It's there for my install, using 3.0.1.

You could also navigate to the "update library" menu item using parent folders and going up a level til you see it, and then use the context menu to set it as a favorite - and then add it as a custom menu item.

EDIT: Ninja'd by phil65! And of course with another option...
(2012-06-15, 16:29)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-15, 16:26)Kvaks Wrote: [ -> ]Suggestion: Make the "new episodes" widget "smarter". If, say, a whole season of some show is added to the library, instead of it occupying all the slots in the new eps widget, give it only one spot. Also, exclude "seen" items from the widget.
bmc to update the library.

Thanks for the reply. Didn't the widget in the 2.x version of the skin exclude "seen" items, though? I'm pretty sure it did.
(2012-06-15, 16:44)Kvaks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-15, 16:26)Kvaks Wrote: [ -> ]Suggestion: Make the "new episodes" widget "smarter". If, say, a whole season of some show is added to the library, instead of it occupying all the slots in the new eps widget, give it only one spot. Also, exclude "seen" items from the widget.

Thanks for the reply. Didn't the widget in the 2.x version of the skin exclude "seen" items, though? I'm pretty sure it did.

not for "latest" widget, only for "featured".
Quote:it´s not about understanding, it´s about finding it in that code mess
Sorry I'm not coder but cooker, Good luck with my skinConfused
(2012-06-15, 16:44)Kvaks Wrote: [ -> ]

You're thinking of Dharma version of the skin. The ability to hide watched was removed with the introduction of Eden by XBMC devs. Nothing we can do about that.
(2012-06-15, 04:52)hikaricore Wrote: [ -> ]This is kinda a petty request and please correct me if I'm wrong, but as aeon nox seems to have its own RCB layouts as best I can tell, would it be possible to for you to enable list view for this addon?

yes, possible. please attach a github issue to the list there so we keep that in mind.
I saw that you added worldmap google, why not add the weather around the world?
(2012-06-15, 17:41)fmronan Wrote: [ -> ]I saw that you added worldmap google, why not add the weather around the world?

script and documentation?
MyWeather.xml, custom_WeatherWorld_1114.xml and includesWeatherWorldCommonValues.xml
(2012-06-15, 18:29)fmronan Wrote: [ -> ]MyWeather.xml, custom_WeatherWorld_1114.xml and includesWeatherWorldCommonValues.xml

looked at it, but i don´t think that those movin labels are worth 1000+ lines of code.
Huh

Code:
    <onload>RunScript(script.widget.weatherworld,time=15&limit=9&mapsize=1920x1080&tilesize=360x60&window=11114&windowback=12600&citycolordiffuse=$INFO[Skin.String(MyFontColor3)])</onload>
    <onunload>ParentDir</onunload>
    <controls>
        <control type="group">
            <visible>StringCompare(Window.Property(Weather.CurrentView),earthphase)</visible>
            <include>Window_OpenClose_Animation</include>
            <include>WeatherWorldGroup2601</include>
            <include>WeatherWorldGroup2602</include>
            <include>WeatherWorldGroup2603</include>
            <include>WeatherWorldGroup2604</include>
            <include>WeatherWorldGroup2605</include>
            <include>WeatherWorldGroup2606</include>
            <include>WeatherWorldGroup2607</include>
            <include>WeatherWorldGroup2608</include>
            <include>WeatherWorldGroup2609</include>
        </control>
and you split Myweather.xml in two files with custom_WeatherWorld_1114 no more code
just the include
you can just use 6 iconsBig Grin
or
(2012-06-15, 18:49)fmronan Wrote: [ -> ]Huh

Code:
    <onload>RunScript(script.widget.weatherworld,time=15&limit=9&mapsize=1920x1080&tilesize=360x60&window=11114&windowback=12600&citycolordiffuse=$INFO[Skin.String(MyFontColor3)])</onload>
    <onunload>ParentDir</onunload>
    <controls>
        <control type="group">
            <visible>StringCompare(Window.Property(Weather.CurrentView),earthphase)</visible>
            <include>Window_OpenClose_Animation</include>
            <include>WeatherWorldGroup2601</include>
            <include>WeatherWorldGroup2602</include>
            <include>WeatherWorldGroup2603</include>
            <include>WeatherWorldGroup2604</include>
            <include>WeatherWorldGroup2605</include>
            <include>WeatherWorldGroup2606</include>
            <include>WeatherWorldGroup2607</include>
            <include>WeatherWorldGroup2608</include>
            <include>WeatherWorldGroup2609</include>
        </control>
and you split Myweather.xml in two files with custom_WeatherWorld_1114 no more code
just the include
you can just use 6 iconsBig Grin
or

too many lines (doesn´t matter whether they are in includes or not) mean long window loading times. that´s why I created seperate includes for 1124 window... I won´t do that for home menu, perhaps as a seperate window. will see