Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-06-08, 02:28)Shinu Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-08, 02:18)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]hehe... it´s not as if i´m allergic to options... most of the time it´s only about the way how to integrate them.
it´s fair to say i´m allergic to fullscreen radiobutton lists though. that´s why 3.0 settings areas look that much different to the ones in 2.0.
which option is meant exactly with "no background panel"? if it makes sense to divide them for different areas, I´m happy to do that. especially because those options do not increase the amount of "visible" option buttons and mostly only need very few code changes.

the "no background panel" i was referring to was for the infowall. the viewtype setting to disable the panel for that view.

done.
https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/comm...bce80aedfb

(2012-06-08, 02:34)Brent212 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-08, 02:18)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]which option is meant exactly with "no background panel"?

I think it's something like "hide fanart". It basically takes away the fullscreen fanart background image and replaces it with the homescreen image, or curtains if you have it set to show that (which is my preference).

On some views, where the background isn't mostly covered, I like having the fanart there, but in others, like showcase, where the background is mostly covered, I'd rather have the curtains (or any sort of non-distracting image, pattern, or even solid color) back there, especially when the fanart is already displayed in the foreground (like in showcase).

Here's an example of where I don't like having the fanart in the background:

And here's an example of where I do like it:

hmm can understand what you mean (i don´t like rudundant info / artwork either), but i think it´s better to just let users the option to deactivate fanart or choose a different infopanel layout.
btw we cannot check if it is 1080p or 1080i (xbmc limitation), that´s why we just have "1080" standin there.
(2012-06-08, 02:37)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]btw we cannot check if it is 1080p or 1080i (xbmc limitation), that´s why we just have "1080" standin there.

Oops, sorry about that. I just took that image from a quick google image search. Didn't even notice the mark up.
(2012-06-08, 02:37)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-08, 02:28)Shinu Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-08, 02:18)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]hehe... it´s not as if i´m allergic to options... most of the time it´s only about the way how to integrate them.
it´s fair to say i´m allergic to fullscreen radiobutton lists though. that´s why 3.0 settings areas look that much different to the ones in 2.0.
which option is meant exactly with "no background panel"? if it makes sense to divide them for different areas, I´m happy to do that. especially because those options do not increase the amount of "visible" option buttons and mostly only need very few code changes.

the "no background panel" i was referring to was for the infowall. the viewtype setting to disable the panel for that view.

done.
https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/comm...bce80aedfb

awesome phil. thank you. Smile
Can nox 3 show 3D covers? I thought I could check in the mediaflags.xml (following this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124859) like in MQ3 but I cannot find the xml file on my install.

no, we don´t use 3d covers.
i've been having some navigation issues when scrolling through the 'Viewtype settings' section of any view.

also, when customizing the main menu, the option to choose a color should have a 'none' option. as it is now, if u even enter that option, u have no choice but to choose a color.
Is it possible to have the "Fixed List" setting affect Videos and Music uniquely? i.e.:

Fixed List "Yes" for the Music library &

Fixed List "no" for the Videos library
(2012-06-09, 00:23)Shinu Wrote: [ -> ]i've been having some navigation issues when scrolling through the 'Viewtype settings' section of any view.

also, when customizing the main menu, the option to choose a color should have a 'none' option. as it is now, if u even enter that option, u have no choice but to choose a color.

should both be fixed now. thx.
(2012-06-09, 00:27)thrak76 Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to have the "Fixed List" setting affect Videos and Music uniquely? i.e.:

Possible, yes. But this should be a global option imo.
(2012-06-09, 00:52)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-09, 00:27)thrak76 Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to have the "Fixed List" setting affect Videos and Music uniquely? i.e.:

hmm since the option makes sense for lists with few items i think we should consider it for albums and seasons.
(2012-06-09, 00:52)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]

Normally, I would agree, but...

Fixed list works great for Music because sometimes you have artists with only 1 album - and those look terrible in some views because it's just the same cover repeated ad infinium.
For Videos on the other hand, having the fluidity of the wrap list works because there's almost always more than one entry at a level.

Is there an area you could point me to to make the change for just my install?
(2012-06-08, 02:34)Brent212 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-08, 02:18)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]which option is meant exactly with "no background panel"?

I think it's something like "hide fanart". It basically takes away the fullscreen fanart background image and replaces it with the homescreen image, or curtains if you have it set to show that (which is my preference).

On some views, where the background isn't mostly covered, I like having the fanart there, but in others, like showcase, where the background is mostly covered, I'd rather have the curtains (or any sort of non-distracting image, pattern, or even solid color) back there, especially when the fanart is already displayed in the foreground (like in showcase).

Here's an example of where I don't like having the fanart in the background:

And here's an example of where I do like it:

How do you get the text and icons to show in White? My are blue and neigh impossible to see.
Small sugestion: I kinda like the InfoWall to check out trailers. But ofcourse those trailers don't have a fanart so it's showing a curtain. Would it be possible to add on option so it's possible that it shows the poster thumb instead?

If see that curtain backdrop on every movie it doesn't really look nice Wink

(2012-06-08, 02:45)Brent212 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-08, 02:37)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]btw we cannot check if it is 1080p or 1080i (xbmc limitation), that´s why we just have "1080" standin there.

Oops, sorry about that. I just took that image from a quick google image search. Didn't even notice the mark up.
Woo-hoo! nice to see someone recycling my image from this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119738!!!!
Just a quick query this time. Noticed that in Movies, if the film in question has more than one studio, the "?" is displayed. You can edit the .nfos one at a time to remove the superfluous studios, but is there an easier way? Maybe have the studio logos cycle through, or display the first one by default?