Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-06-30, 14:08)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe I should change the name. Interactive implies you can select them indeed. It's just background for now. Whats the proper english word for changing content on backgrounds?

It looks good regardless Smile
(2012-06-30, 14:20)CutSickAss Wrote: [ -> ]'Live Cases' perhaps?

recently added fanart ?
btw I dont know if you saw it (probably been too busy looking at the babes) but am getting an error on start up with the metadata actors script (service.py) and on
clicking actor in movie info I just get the red busy dialog (rotating circle) I have posted in the metadata actors thread but no joy

(2012-06-30, 11:51)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]Inspiration taken from leepenny's genre backdrops, interactive cases background for home. What you see are the 10 most recently added movies:

AWESOME
(2012-06-30, 15:18)PatOso Wrote: [ -> ]AWESOME

Nod

yes, very nice new stuff.
and something which really can be called a "unique" feature Wink
home menu customization is just getting more awesome every day.
(2012-06-30, 11:51)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]Inspiration taken from leepenny's genre backdrops, interactive cases background for home. What you see are the 10 most recently added movies:

Wow, this is totally amazing. Need Smile

(2012-06-29, 22:30)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]Image

I confess, I kinda like the widget and hope it makes it in Wink

(2012-06-30, 11:51)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]Image

And this Live Wallpaper concept and execution is just too cool for words Cool

Some of the other recent-ish changes, like the ability to hide widgets (which I think will finally get me using them) and the single logo view for Movies are equally awesome Nod

Thanks for continuing to push the boundaries.

just pushed the widgets Wink
thx for single-logo view goes to deano, he had the initial idea i think. writing it was the easier part Wink
(2012-06-30, 07:31)crimsonfury Wrote: [ -> ]Ok... I know this has probably been discussed till your blue in the face...

I finally took the leap into the GIT from Passion because I see its updated almost every day and that would be easy to stay up to date...

But I updated to GIT and settings were gone, so I did the fix that worked before with the candidate jumping to the release, but it didn't here. I even changed skin.aeon.nox with skin.aeon.nox.svn to try and get all my custom menus and such back.... But it resets the guisettings every time I open xbmc and it looks brand new no customization at all.

Please help. I would love to just get the GIT working and just keep updating from Passion Repo in xbmc and it not reset all of my settings every time.

Phil? Noid? Anyone?

I really don't want to resetup everything again.
git version uses skin.aeon.nox.settingname
repo version uses skin.aeon.nox.Nox.settingname
--> remove the .Nox.
i´d suggest to re-setup it as usual though.
(2012-06-30, 20:31)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]thx for single-logo view goes to deano, he had the initial idea i think. writing it was the easier part Wink

yep, totally agree
Question.
How do I prevent the skin to auto update without turning the option OFF?
Can I just rename the Aeon Nox folder in the Add Ons folder? Or do I need to create a new one? And would I still be able to roll back to 2.0?
Thanks!
(2012-06-30, 20:23)ReducedToZero Wrote: [ -> ]And this Live Wallpaper concept and execution is just too cool for words Cool

thx, I really like it too. I actually disabled the movie widget so I can see the background Big Grin
(2012-06-30, 21:30)ArieS Wrote: [ -> ]Question.
How do I prevent the skin to auto update without turning the option OFF?
Can I just rename the Aeon Nox folder in the Add Ons folder? Or do I need to create a new one? And would I still be able to roll back to 2.0?
Thanks!
rename the folder and the identifier in addon.xml. To be able to rollback you need to rename your 2.0 zip in packages folder also.
(2012-06-30, 20:56)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-30, 20:31)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]thx for single-logo view goes to deano, he had the initial idea i think. writing it was the easier part Wink

yep, totally agree

Thanks guys, glad to be able to contribute something Big Grin
WOW. I just love the live cases and I enjoy the "Daily babes" widget for my "Pictures" menu Big Grin

Fantastic work on this skin, keep it up! Definitely the best one I've used. One bug and a couple of questions for now:

Bug
I seem to have found a bug: When I browse TV shows and go into the season level for a show, I sometimes get duplicate entries for all seasons (this can happen on episode-level as well). However, the duplicates don't show any thumbnails. This only happens in Landscape view and only with "Fixed list" set to "No", so I assume this has to do with the looping of the thumbnails. Strangely, this doesn't seem to happen for all my TV shows, but for most of them. Also, if I change to "List" view for example and then switch back, the looping is fixed, but if I come back to the menu later again the same problem is back.

Questions
1. Newb question: I've found how to enable the icon menu, which is superb. However, I haven't managed to find where to change the "glow" color (on text and menu items) from white to a different color (such as the one used in Big Noids screenshot above). How do I do that? Smile

2. Last time I set up XBMC properly, I spent hours and hours setting up stuff like season thumbnails (seasonXX.tbn) and season fanart (fanart.jpg in each season folder). However, neither of these seem to be used at all. Is this a skin choice? Even though I do have seasonXX.tbn files, XBMC seems to download some other season thumbnails that don't look good in landscape view, which is pretty annoying. If there is a way to fix that, I'd be 100% super pleased Smile

3. Every time I start a movie the big red mouse WARNING box appears. Is there a way to disable that?