Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 3.0 (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-07-03, 19:33)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-03, 19:19)RavenNL Wrote: [ -> ]Looks promising, does the selected show also zoom out? Makes it easier to see where you are on the screen

I caught myself searching for the focused item sometimes indeed. Dont know...having it zoom would ruin the panel look i think, but you definitely have a point.

Nah don't think it will ruin it tbh Wink The normal version has that as well and looks great it is my favorite layout for showing tv-shows Smile

(2012-07-03, 19:37)Rygrath Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-03, 19:19)RavenNL Wrote: [ -> ]Looks promising, does the selected show also zoom out? Makes it easier to see where you are on the screen

I caught myself searching for the focused item sometimes indeed. Dont know...having it zoom would ruin the panel look i think, but you definitely have a point.

Could Nox's glow be used to outline the focused item? Think it would look pretty nice and make it stand out a bit more while remaining subtle.

Well personally I'm not a big fan of the glow effect, so I have it turned off or to a minimum Smile
(2012-07-03, 19:08)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]@JohnVee: 1: Watchlist can take some time to display. Make sure you have the latest git version, cause it was changed a few days ago to be able to show 10 instead of 8 watchlist items. EDIT: you have the latest git version, cause ou see the faded fanart..doh Tongue Dont know why they are empty then, it has 10 items for me.
2: Should be fixed now, didnt test all possible scenarios, but extrafanart and regular fanart dont fade into each other anymore. EDIT: scrap that, still needs work EDIT2: hopefully fixed now, please test
3: Add genre to your favorites and add that or add a custom item: ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary,Genres,return)

Hi Big_Noid, thanks for taking the time to respond back.

The Issue with the fanart overlapping is indeed fixed after doing the latest git pull, thanks...Looks great Smile

I think I figured out the issue I am having with Live Cases. I does work exactly how you say UNLESS you have (Most Played Albums) selected.

If you do, only 8 cases are displayed, and they actually never show up after a restart of XBMC.
If you have latest albums, featured albums, latest songs, and featured songs selected, all 10 cases show up and are almost instantly displayed when XBMC starts.

Thanks for the tip on adding music genre to the sub category

(2012-07-03, 19:55)RavenNL Wrote: [ -> ]

Nah don't think it will ruin it tbh Wink The normal version has that as well and looks great it is my favorite layout for showing tv-shows Smile

(2012-07-03, 19:37)Rygrath Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-03, 19:33)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]I caught myself searching for the focused item sometimes indeed. Dont know...having it zoom would ruin the panel look i think, but you definitely have a point.

Could Nox's glow be used to outline the focused item? Think it would look pretty nice and make it stand out a bit more while remaining subtle.

Well personally I'm not a big fan of the glow effect, so I have it turned off or to a minimum Smile

The beauty of options that lead to personal preferences, cause I much prefer the glow to non-glow mode Smile We end-users just love poking the brain of designers Angel

It's always been a bit of a small nit pick for me with Nox. It can sometimes be a little tricky to tell which show you have selected. Your eyes can lose the focus outline and you end up doing a quick search through what you see on screen. This is even when you have a fanart, small banner or logo showing.. your eyes are concentrated at the selection part of the screen.

Either a slightly brighter, or wider focus border, or a bit more zoom, though zoom can come with it's own cons like overlapping and not fitting right.

Why I thought a faint glow around the currently selected would make it stand out a bit more and would fit with Nox's looks
(2012-07-03, 20:06)Rygrath Wrote: [ -> ]The beauty of options that lead to personal preferences, cause I much prefer the glow to non-glow mode Smile We end-users just love poking the brain of designers Angel

It's always been a bit of a small nit pick for me with Nox. It can sometimes be a little tricky to tell which show you have selected. Your eyes can lose the focus outline and you end up doing a quick search through what you see on screen. This is even when you have a fanart, small banner or logo showing.. your eyes are concentrated at the selection part of the screen.

Either a slightly brighter, or wider focus border, or a bit more zoom, though zoom can come with it's own cons like overlapping and not fitting right.

Why I thought a faint glow around the currently selected would make it stand out a bit more and would fit with Nox's looks

Yupz isn't it nice Wink

And yes the zoom does cut away a bit of the banners next to it, but it does make sense. It isn't something that makes it ugly orso, also the animation effect is kinda nice. It does give it something extra. Btw the zoom effect is also there in the normal version of this view, although I'm not sure if it's by default or an option.

Anyway everyone has their own preference ofcourse.
Theres no room for a glow effect. I tried to emulate a button press effect now while navigating so theres no more getting lose of focus when scrolling.

(2012-07-03, 20:43)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]Theres no room for a glow effect. I tried to emulate a button press effect now while navigating so theres no more getting lose of focus when scrolling.

Nice, have to see that one first Smile

(2012-07-03, 20:43)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]Theres no room for a glow effect. I tried to emulate a button press effect now while navigating so theres no more getting lose of focus when scrolling.

Well that's one way to pop my "this would be cool!" bubble Blush

Coulda sworn it looked good in my head Rolleyes

Button effect works though, just gave it a shot and it has that classic Nox natural feel to it.

Could something similar be added to another banner type view like Tri-Panel's banner list? Just a little something to make the focus banner stand out a tad bit more.
(2012-07-03, 20:54)Rygrath Wrote: [ -> ]Could something similar be added to another banner type view like Tri-Panel's banner list? Just a little something to make the focus banner stand out a tad bit more.

Tried to add similar effect to TriPanel - Banner. Is it better then before?
With the previous version there was an option to enable all the recommended features of Aeon Nox.
This went through and enabled all the widgets etc.

Is this option still available somewhere in 3.0 ? I cant find it anywhere.

For example, for the Movies Widget, It would enable both the latest releases on the right side and the recommended dvd showcase as well.

Now I can only enable one of those widgets.

Looks amazing though.
Great work..

(2012-07-03, 22:14)Coulen Wrote: [ -> ]With the previous version there was an option to enable all the recommended features of Aeon Nox.
This went through and enabled all the widgets etc.

Is this option still available somewhere in 3.0 ? I cant find it anywhere.

For example, for the Movies Widget, It would enable both the latest releases on the right side and the recommended dvd showcase as well.

Now I can only enable one of those widgets.

Looks amazing though.
Great work..
The recommended option was removed. In the current repo version its not possible to have two widgets. You can download from our github page to get the newest version and then you can have two widgets. In a few weeks that will be pushed to official repo.
(2012-07-03, 21:58)Big_Noid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-03, 20:54)Rygrath Wrote: [ -> ]Could something similar be added to another banner type view like Tri-Panel's banner list? Just a little something to make the focus banner stand out a tad bit more.

Tried to add similar effect to TriPanel - Banner. Is it better then before?

I like it! It gives solid feedback on which show you currently selected when you're staring at the banner list and ignoring the giant poster.

Thanks Big_Noid Big Grin
please mention all areas where you think that the focussed item should be "more visible". we care a lot about those kind of stuff, navigation is key for a good skin. i´m playing with the idea to exchange some of those small borders we´re using against the full-sized focus bar which we use in the new viewtype "InfoPanel" for example. any input is welcome, it really has no. 1 priority for me that all those stuff we have added can be accessed easily (i think we´re really really good already at that point compared to other skins, esp. home menu customization, but nothing is perfect Wink )
the problem that only 8 items are appearing in live cases should be fixed now.
(2012-07-03, 22:59)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]the problem that only 8 items are appearing in live cases should be fixed now.

Hi Phil, thanks. All 10 cases are showing up now Smile
Still can't get them to display once I start XBMC though. Only way I see to do it is by going to the main menu customizer. As soon as I'm in that menu, (without doing anything) the album covers show up.
Also, the overlapping fanart in the Viz is still happening.

I know it sounds like the watchlist script might not have started yet, but I can be on "Music" in the main menu for 5 min and they still don't show up.

Thanks guys, hope I'm not being a pain, just trying to help out Smile

(2012-07-03, 15:15)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-02, 22:23)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]one request here to all users here who feel it´s worth contributing something:
my idea is to have access to a demo video (or several) which show how to set up the skin.
would someone here be that nice and create some nice video stuff?
it would become a seperate settings menu item including credits to video author with links to the videos which i would put on my webspace,
thx Smile

come on guys Confused

Just bumping this for you. I'm pretty new to XBMC (as you can tell from the daft questions) so I'm probably not the right man for this, but I'm sure there are plenty who'd be willing to help...