Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
talisto Wrote:Regarding the music OSD, I think switching to a screen with an info bar and an otherwise full screen visualizer will be a bit jarring with a predominantly white theme. I like the way djh used a translucent white overlay on the fanart in his other mockups, would it be possible to do the same thing with the visualizers? Borrowing a bit from what Plex has done with their Now Playing visualizer mode, I think something like this would be really sweet for an info overlay:

WOW I love that idea!
djh_ Wrote:This is just my suggestion. It's your skin now so don't let me dictate anything.

How about keeping the clock, Now Playing widget and RSS feed the same as for the rest of the skin, then just fading out whatever's left and having the visualisation fade in beneath the white overlay? Then you could fade the rest of the UI out after a set time, maybe, fully exposing the visualiser.

Or just go with what you've got there which is very nice indeed. Great work you guys are doing here.

that one sounds good too! Can it be accomplished?
djh_ Wrote:This is just my suggestion. It's your skin now so don't let me dictate anything.

How about keeping the clock, Now Playing widget and RSS feed the same as for the rest of the skin, then just fading out whatever's left and having the visualisation fade in beneath the white overlay? Then you could fade the rest of the UI out after a set time, maybe, fully exposing the visualiser.

Or just go with what you've got there which is very nice indeed. Great work you guys are doing here.

+1
One thing I need for myself besides Landscape thumbs is a pause/seek overlay...I've been whipping this up real quick. I was staring for an hour in PS and couldn't think of anything original. I just copied Aeon's pause menu, I think Aeon's pause overlay is perfect, and changed the font and color of the overlay....My skills aren't that great but I'll try if anyone has suggestions...

**Disregard the clearART, that's just for me I know not everyone is into it**
mcborzu Wrote:One thing I need for myself besides Landscape thumbs is a pause/seek overlay...I've been whipping this up real quick. I was staring for an hour in PS and couldn't think of anything original. I just copied Aeon's pause menu, I think Aeon's pause overlay is perfect, and changed the font and color of the overlay....My skills aren't that great but I'll try if anyone has suggestions...

**Disregard the clearART, that's just for me I know not everyone is into it**

This is nice. Can you share the xml file with me, so I can use it as well?
I'm not sure about the pink/red there. . .
natew Wrote:I'm not sure about the pink/red there. . .

It's an upgrade over the giant white box, that's for sure.
I'm probably using this skin as my main so I need a pause/seekbar...if you want this quick hackjob to hold yourself over till a more official one comes out, here it is.

Yea it's just a holdover, I'll try for fun to create an original one myself but my ideas and what I was trying in PS tonight we're just blah....
Recognizing that it's unconventional (and probably undesirable) to obscure the entire video while paused, here's a quick shot at a pause screen/seekbar.

platte Wrote:Recognizing that it's unconventional (and probably undesirable) to obscure the entire video while paused, here's a quick shot at a pause screen/seekbar.

I don't mind the ideas here. The filtering of the video is a cool idea, though it might be annoying for trying to read text on screen in the video (I do this sometimes to read in jokes in the Simpsons for example). I like the simplicity of this too. If used at the bottom of the screen with the filter only for the text area I think this would look quite good.

I like elements of many of the ideas people have posted here, I'm going to try and incorporate some of the ideas into something tonight.
talisto Wrote:Regarding the music OSD, I think switching to a screen with an info bar and an otherwise full screen visualizer will be a bit jarring with a predominantly white theme. I like the way djh used a translucent white overlay on the fanart in his other mockups, would it be possible to do the same thing with the visualizers? Borrowing a bit from what Plex has done with their Now Playing visualizer mode, I think something like this would be really sweet for an info overlay:

+1. I like that a lot.

@+,
Sha!
platte Wrote:Recognizing that it's unconventional (and probably undesirable) to obscure the entire video while paused, here's a quick shot at a pause screen/seekbar.

This is cool, different and oddly attractive.
nvaia Wrote:This is cool, different and oddly attractive.

yup.. awesome shot man. would definately use it...
mavgink Wrote:yup.. awesome shot man. would definately use it...

I absolutely love it. What if this was the default when you pause, then if you press up, the bar sweeps up off screen and the white overlay fades out to show you the whole screen. And if you press down the navigation buttons appear?

This is a lot more along the lines of what I was thinking. Big bold album cover, minimal anything else and its perfectly in keeping with the rest of the skin. Really nice.

How about the album cover stays in the same bottom left hand position as the global widget but after a set period of inactivity the rest of the UI (minus the clock and RSS) fades out (like it does for the the up/down menu in lists) and the album cover scales to a much larger size as shown in the screenshots but still keeping its bottom left corner in the same position? Is inactivity triggers possible in the skinning engine as I have described?