Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
marloz Wrote:Don't get all your claws out, CF. My point is that wouldn't you agree it's best to focus on completing the basic Alaska before we start wandering off in mod/tweaks?

I don't know why but people who are only contributing with complains really get on my nerves. marloz, sit down and relax. These guys know what they're doing, this is all a big "MOD", no one has a list of items written on a piece of paper that they have to go through.

If you don't like the final result, well you should start coding.
thesoulhacker Wrote:I don't know why but people who are only contributing with complains really get on my nerves. marloz, sit down and relax. These guys know what they're doing, this is all a big "MOD", no one has a list of items written on a piece of paper that they have to go through.

If you don't like the final result, well you should start coding.

C'mon guys. There is no need to start all this crap here. cf is doing a great job contributing to the project, and Hitcher has already said he is sticking to djh's original conceptual theme. Marloz's opinion is just that, his opinion, and he's entitled to it. Hug it out and lets move on.
l0ghan Wrote:Here is the idea :

it's just a line and the number of the season juste above the first episode the goal is to avoid the season choice screen :

just tell me what do you think about that Smile

cheers

This is way off topic, and I apologize, but how is that show? Band of Brothers? Is it worth watching?
nvaia Wrote:C'mon guys. There is no need to start all this crap here. cf is doing a great job contributing to the project, and Hitcher has already said he is sticking to djh's original conceptual theme. Marloz's opinion is just that, his opinion, and he's entitled to it. Hug it out and lets move on.

agreed, let's try to make this skin as good as it can be.
nvaia Wrote:This is way off topic, and I apologize, but how is that show? Band of Brothers? Is it worth watching?

Greatest series of all time
indy5 Wrote:Greatest series of all time

Thanks, Indy. I'll give it a download.
l0ghan Wrote:Here is the idea :

it's just a line and the number of the season juste above the first episode the goal is to avoid the season choice screen :

just tell me what do you think about that Smile

cheers
Firstly, the season number is shown on the top left of the screen and secondly, if you want to avoid the season level simply change your settings to 'Flatten All Seasons'.
Great to see Alaska taking form nicely! Would like to thank Hitcher and CF2009 for their hard work. I'll be the first to donate if an "Alaska Fund" ever comes up!! Smile

nvaia Wrote:Thanks, Indy. I'll give it a download.

Wayyy off topic but ya, Band of Brothers is truly an amazing miniseries. Episode 3 when they assault Carentan. When the soldier walks through what looks like a cafe, goes out back, pops a few rounds into the shed, then walks back out front --- OMG Eek I played that 30 seconds back so many times. Looked so painful.
jtap06 Wrote:Great to see Alaska taking form nicely! Would like to thank Hitcher and CF2009 for their hard work. I'll be the first to donate if an "Alaska Fund" ever comes up!! Smile

Wayyy off topic but ya, Band of Brothers is truly an amazing miniseries. Episode 3 when they assault Carentan. When the soldier walks through what looks like a cafe, goes out back, pops a few rounds into the shed, then walks back out front --- OMG Eek I played that 30 seconds back so many times. Looked so painful.

I'm excited...by the way, you should change that White Sux logo under your name. If you live in Chicago, there's only one team here.
CF2009 Wrote:here a samll vid to show the screen transitions
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05GP8ufRFvk

as for the RSS being "visible everywhere, never disturbed by screen transitions" it is disturbed on all screen transitions and not much can be done about it as it a xbmc thing..

The transition from/to home is just great. But somehow I don't really like the way the OSD is shaped in visualization mode. Or more to the point I do not think it fits with the rest of the deisgn. It would be quite perfect however with the nice dark and red theme you mocked up in a latter post.
Anyway, just my 2 cents. I could not even do that, so what do I know Wink ?

@+,
Sha!
nvaia Wrote:I'm excited...by the way, you should change that White Sux logo under your name. If you live in Chicago, there's only one team here.

Not cool....not cool. Laugh
hello ladies and gent. here's what I got done tonight, basically I have been trying to create a button style for the OSD that fits in with the theme and looks professional. Much as I tried I just couldn't get my head around the red buttons they just didn't seem to gel with the rest of the design so I created some clear white glossy ones, they were inspired by the frames that wrap around the images on the homepage. The idea is that they would grow/ shrink as you move between them. The layout on this page isn't really right in any way I was just focusing on the button style.

Let me know what you think, cheer ears.
medicineuk Wrote:hello ladies and gent. here's what I got done tonight, basically I have been trying to create a button style for the OSD that fits in with the theme and looks professional. Much as I tried I just couldn't get my head around the red buttons they just didn't seem to gel with the rest of the design so I created some clear white glossy ones, they were inspired by the frames that wrap around the images on the homepage. The idea is that they would grow/ shrink as you move between them. The layout on this page isn't really right in any way I was just focusing on the button style.

Really great !!!
medicineuk Wrote:hello ladies and gent. here's what I got done tonight, basically I have been trying to create a button style for the OSD that fits in with the theme and looks professional. Much as I tried I just couldn't get my head around the red buttons they just didn't seem to gel with the rest of the design so I created some clear white glossy ones, they were inspired by the frames that wrap around the images on the homepage. The idea is that they would grow/ shrink as you move between them. The layout on this page isn't really right in any way I was just focusing on the button style.

Looks great!
Sorry to be a pain, but is anyone still seeing issues running on non-HDTV resolutions? The stretch ratio trick works for the background but leaves the glass overlays and text out of alignment.

FWIW, this is running on Plex, not XBMC - so happy to help sort this out if it's a difference in app. Also worth noting is djh_'s original release looks absolutely fine in Plex - no tweaking necessary and no black bars.

Thanks!

Edit: just confirmed this looks the same for me in XBMC