Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The icons in use for the preview of Alaska on the aeonproject.com page, where can I get those and how do I use them?
cyrus_mc Wrote:The icons in use for the preview of Alaska on the aeonproject.com page, where can I get those and how do I use them?

When I first started visiting the xbmc forum and asked simple questions, I was told to read through the thread before asking "stupid questions." This made me wonder why someone couldnt just answer the simple question and move on, instead of being an ahole. Now I understand they're view point which makes me feel dirty inside Confused, but if you would read through this thread you will find the answer to your question.
cyrus_mc Wrote:The icons in use for the preview of Alaska on the aeonproject.com page, where can I get those and how do I use them?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=4...post403785
Hitcher Wrote:Home Menu preview video

Looks very cool and gives the home menu a much more dynamic look. At first I was expecting that just the selected menu item has a multi image. How is the performance when all items toggle through images at the same time - does that have a huge impact?
None that I can tell, they're all resized and cropped anyway so it's not like 1080p backdrops.

EDIT: The interval between changes has been increased for demonstration purposes.
Great! I love it. Keep up the amazing work Smile

EDIT: BTW, I've been doing some changes to the media flags file. It now uses the studio logo files like the Aeon mod. I've also created new SD/720/1080 images which I think better match the skin and fixed some studio logos since they were too dark on Alaska. I can upload the file to mediafire for you if interested.
Please do, thanks.
Loving this so much, so simple and clean, just the way it needs to be!
For the dynamic images on the home page, would it look better to maybe stagger the intervals of each type, so that they don't all change at the same time?
I've uploaded the flag images and the xml file to my Alaska MediaFire folder. The files are compressed as solid 7-zip archives for smaller filesize.
Thanks, I'll take a look tomorrow.
Delver Wrote:For the dynamic images on the home page, would it look better to maybe stagger the intervals of each type, so that they don't all change at the same time?

I was just going to comment on this as well. I think changing them at different times would be a great improvement.

Another small piece of feedback: Any change of increasing the transparency of the curved white highlight on the home screen images? I think they're too visible at the moment and would look better if being made more subtle, so transparent that it's just barely visible.
Hitcher,
Amazing job you are doing!

At the rate of your progress I may be switching skins in a month or two from your AEON mod to this.

2 questions...

1. text color - is there any way to change it to give it a bit more contrast against the while background. the gray looks great but I need to make it a shade or two darker to see it on my TV.

2. video/music screens - any thought around how to navigate large libraries efficiently? Maybe an 'index' of letters that jumps to that point in the library?

thx for the awesome work here & with AEON!
Check out the colors folder; djh has laid out all the text colours to make it easy to mod.
Hey, I know you're busy trying to get all the views filled in, but one suggestion if you get around to it. For the list view in TV show episodes it would be nice if the currently selected item stayed centered as one kept pressing down (once you get past the first 3 or so in the list). In many of the other areas the focused item stays in the center, would be nice if it did that here too. I know the files mode has that scroll behavior but list just looks so much nicer Smile