Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hitcher Wrote:Check the includes.xml for "WindowMenuButton".

Thx for the answer, it's a little confusing for me but with a little fiddling I should fiqure it out, thx again...
I've noticed with 16x9 images in home1 that the corners go out a bit beyond the white border in the top left and right. Only like 5 pixels or so, but noticeable.
parrots Wrote:I've noticed with 16x9 images in home1 that the corners go out a bit beyond the white border in the top left and right. Only like 5 pixels or so, but noticeable.

This was an XBMC issue that is fixed. Update to the latest XBMC version (9.11 Alpha 2) and the issue should go away.
Hi Hitcher,

I've noticed that on the new "Set" feature for movies in XBMC Alaska will show the question mark flags as shown in the screenshot below. Don't pay too much attention to the red coloring, that's just me playing around with the red color setting and a different red slate background.

Anyway, I've made a small change to the "Includes_MediaFlags.xml" file which appears to fix this while still allowing the flags to show on all the movies within the set as well as all other normal Movies & TV shows. See the screenshot below.

All I did was to change line 35 from:
Code:
<visible>![Skin.HasSetting(nostudiopanel) + Skin.HasSetting(noratingpanel) + Skin.HasSetting(novideopanel) + Skin.HasSetting(noaudiopanel)] + [Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(episodes)]</visible>
to the following:
Code:
<visible>![Skin.HasSetting(nostudiopanel) + Skin.HasSetting(noratingpanel) + Skin.HasSetting(novideopanel) + Skin.HasSetting(noaudiopanel)] + [Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(episodes)] + !IsEmpty(ListItem.VideoResolution)</visible>

This code appears to work on my computer. If it looks okay to you and doesn't screw anything else up in the skin, could you include it? Thanks.

Thanks again for the hard work & I hope I was helping here and not bothering.
I found an issue yesterday where I was updating my library (so the text appeared 'scanning library' or whatever it is), and I was also accessing a plugin (so it said 'accessing plugin' or whatever).

The two notifications appeared on top of each other, so that I couldn't see what was happening.

Anyone seen this before?

Also, is there a way to make the selected text darker than the unselected (e.g. for the tv show information, make my selection darker than 'get thumb' 'get fanart' etc)?

Hope that makes sense!
BouncinDave Wrote:I found an issue yesterday where I was updating my library (so the text appeared 'scanning library' or whatever it is), and I was also accessing a plugin (so it said 'accessing plugin' or whatever).

The two notifications appeared on top of each other, so that I couldn't see what was happening.

Anyone seen this before?

Also, is there a way to make the selected text darker than the unselected (e.g. for the tv show information, make my selection darker than 'get thumb' 'get fanart' etc)?

Hope that makes sense!

The same when library gets updated and you try to change the volume. The two OSD overlap.

I wrote a PM to Hitcher, who is understandably taken by a mass amount of job for the skin.
chareos Wrote:The same when library gets updated and you try to change the volume. The two OSD overlap.

I wrote a PM to Hitcher, who is understandably taken by a mass amount of job for the skin.
The library update and volume overlap problem is fixed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTkPMvzvC1c

EDIT: And now everything should slide.
Very nice! Thank you for fixing that Hitcher.
Wow, Hitcher! You really didn't take the easy way out. That looks smooth
Finally got a chance to check out this skin, fucking amazing.
Animations are looking brilliant Hitcher. Great work!!
I am using this skin (in its beta stage) already some time "when my wife doesnt wanna see menu's settings and too much info Big Grin". and its just amazing what simplicity (in the view, not the code) can do.
Hitcher Wrote:The library update and volume overlap problem is fixed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTkPMvzvC1c

EDIT: And now everything should slide.

I've got a slight issue, that video looks great, and I'll have to pull todays changes to test fully, but when I do library updates, i dont get a smooth animation on the arrow, it kinda flutters between "full" and empty"....if you know what i mean. I'm on linux, so not really sure how to get a video, except for using my digital camera to shoot a video of the tv to show you...I'll try it tonight and report back. I've got Alaska up to Saturday, nothing past that.
I'm on Windows and I have that flicker fill up too, I'm on a build from 11-8 at the moment, have had it for a week or so before that though. I just figured that it was scanning faster than the animation could keep up?
The flickering as you call it is simply the percentage of the scan of your drive(s). It was smooth on the video because it never found anything new and it scanned three times because I'm using three drives. If it had found something new it would have got so far and stopped while it was scraping the info for that item.