Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Real nice work CF2009

I like how the buttons fade in and out to show which one has focus on the OSD.

The darker ones cold possibly be a quickly accessible choice for night time usage (and not a separate mod). Perhaps even an option to automatically switch on a certain time of day.

I miss some kind of frame (outer shadow/glow?) around the album cover, they dark ones blend in with the dark backgound.

All in all great work!
Weavus Wrote:Could you try a couple of things if you have time (and the desire)...

1) Zoom the album (3 or 4 x normal size) but leave the bottom left corner of the album cover in the same position
2) Add the default off white screen over the top of the visualisation (is this possible?)!
I was thinking the same thing that the album cover needs the bottom left corner locked at the same position as when it's 'Now playing'.

Also, have you looked at the icons I sent you as I think the buttons definitely need rounded, white edges in line with the Settings page ones.
I really hope this skin doesn't get too "crowded", with buttons, info and options etc.

At the moment there's a lot of stuff missing of course but I really like the simplicity of Alaska as it is. And the simple white colour theme throughout.

PS. there's some really nice simple screenshots/ideas being posted. Very nice work guys Smile
Hitcher Wrote:I was thinking the same thing that the album cover needs the bottom left corner locked at the same position as when it's 'Now playing'.

Also, have you looked at the icons I sent you as I think the buttons definitely need rounded, white edges in line with the Settings page ones.

I'm working on themNod

Ayla Wrote:I really hope this skin doesn't get too "crowded", with buttons, info and options etc.

At the moment there's a lot of stuff missing of course but I really like the simplicity of Alaska as it is. And the simple white colour theme throughout.

The thing i would like to see in the skin is only what xbmc support by default, thing like the osd buttons are needed for us mac users with only the 6 button apple remote...

And default theme will be the "simple white" one..
CF2009 Wrote:No buttons on the OSD, is'nt that what the OSD is for as you have MusicVisualisation that has no buttons on it....

I've just uploaded the 2 screens to github, have a look and a play...
Github is a bit slow tonight so it not saying i have posted it yet but i hope it will soon...
http://github.com/cf2009/Alaska/commits/master

Sure, but do you really need a button to fast forward or play the next song? Maybe this isn't controlled by the skin?
There's a lot more in this git:

Then:

http://github.com/Hitcher/Alaska/commits/master/

Are you guys working together? Which branch is the best for now?
nvaia Wrote:Thanks!

It's actually Vista x32, just cleaned up the desktop and disabled the taskbar.
The bottom shortcut links are Objectdock with some icons I made myself, they have an embedded look and feel. The embedded time at the top is a yahoo widget called informer. The wallpaper I also made.

If you like I can zip the icons and wallpaper up and email them to you.

Could you send them to me as well?
I felt the foucus thumb in episode level was too small when sitting 10 feet away on the living room tv....I made it a little bigger but can't figure what's causing it to get cutoff on the left edgeHuh

The code in Viewtype_Episode.xml is only 100 lines, I changed every possible control I could think off but still missing something....
erhnam Wrote:There's a lot more in this git:

Then:

http://github.com/Hitcher/Alaska/commits/master/

Are you guys working together? Which branch is the best for now?

Use Hitcher Alaska as his is the offical one, my git hub just looks like it's got more but it's just me fixing thing in the Music screens i'm working on.
if Hitcher likes them when done then he will pull then in to hisSmile
Rant:

We're already seeing people post "mods", ref CF2009 red-theme.

Can't you focus on the original thoughts of Alaska? And create some, eh, dev-groups - in lack of a better word. Obvoiosuly platte and talisto have some great depth from what I've seen they've posted.

And while creating things for Alaska, don't only cater for yourself or a limited group, ref. the "us with macs 6 button remote" - of course there should be fully functionality but don't get too locked into limited solutions.

Keep the aesthetics clean, and limit the number of 'cooks'.
mcborzu Wrote:I felt the foucus thumb in episode level was too small when sitting 10 feet away on the living room tv....I made it a little bigger but can't figure what's causing it to get cutoff on the left edgeHuh

The code in Viewtype_Episode.xml is only 100 lines, I changed every possible control I could think off but still missing something....

If I want to make the thumbs bigger when browsing video files in "Videos", do you know how to do that?

Thanks Smile
marloz Wrote:Rant:

We're already seeing people post "mods", ref CF2009 red-theme.

Can't you focus on the original thoughts of Alaska? And create some, eh, dev-groups - in lack of a better word. Obvoiosuly platte and talisto have some great depth from what I've seen they've posted.

And while creating things for Alaska, don't only cater for yourself or a limited group, ref. the "us with macs 6 button remote" - of course there should be fully functionality but don't get too locked into limited solutions.

Keep the aesthetics clean, and limit the number of 'cooks'.

I disagree. Until they make an area in the Skins area for Alaska I think this thread is a great place to brainstorm and foster/throw out ideas. When it gets its own area, then branch them off. While I love the idea of keeping the original concept in place, I also loved these new screenshots! My 2ยข
Well, in short that's the key to a potential problem - people coming up with their own needs and deeds - and that's whats gonna get Alaska derailed into something which is far off what was djhs original idea.
marloz Wrote:Well, in short that's the key to a potential problem - people coming up with their own needs and deeds - and that's whats gonna get Alaska derailed into something which is far off what was djhs original idea.

+1
tassitassi Wrote:Sure, but do you really need a button to fast forward or play the next song? Maybe this isn't controlled by the skin?
You'll find all these buttons in any skin you choose from.