Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My bad, thank you both for fast replies !
found a slight bug. when a movie has two ratings (fone for theatrical and another for a director's cut), both ratings are shown on top of each other.

Almost all my issues solved already! I have the new version from mediafire and indeed settings can now also be filled with a multi-image folder. Just two things left:

Albumart still dissapears as soon as DIM screensaver kicks in. Can that also be changed by editting the XML files?

In library view the up folder still has no icon. I'll show a picture here of my movie library in poster view:

furii Wrote:found a slight bug. when a movie has two ratings (fone for theatrical and another for a director's cut), both ratings are shown on top of each other.

How do you get the cover to show in movie information ?

I am running latest build from github (today) and XBMC build 24195.

Thanks Smile

RisenGryn
Use Poster view.
RisenGryn Wrote:How do you get the cover to show in movie information ?

I am running latest build from github (today) and XBMC build 24195.

Thanks Smile

RisenGryn

Are you using Poster View to browse your movies?

Then it should show up.

Maybe you are using the Fanart View.
kees667 Wrote:Almost all my issues solved already! I have the new version from mediafire and indeed settings can now also be filled with a multi-image folder. Just two things left:

Albumart still dissapears as soon as DIM screensaver kicks in. Can that also be changed by editting the XML files?

In library view the up folder still has no icon. I'll show a picture here of my movie library in poster view:

you know XBMC has a function to take screenshots ? so you dont need to take actual pictures of your tv.
Hope i'm not way out of line here, it's hard to tell how far you guys have come with this skin. But I was wondering about the controls (play, pause, fast forward etc) that you get on the home screen while playing media.
They seem to overlap the home screen windows.

Which file do I have to add to move/edit these controls (totalt newbie, but i would like to contribute in any way I can.

My idea was to move these to upper left corner or lower right corner and make small round buttons with an iPod feel to them.

Please see screenshot to see which buttons i'm talking about (new to all the terms in skin editing as well..)

reaven Wrote:Thanks, I already found and edit I was kinda' porting clearArt not entirely.

Have you uploaded .xml's yet for a clearArt port over to alaska? I've been messing with it a bit but only managed to mess up the OSD Smile
gekados Wrote:Hope i'm not way out of line here, it's hard to tell how far you guys have come with this skin. But I was wondering about the controls (play, pause, fast forward etc) that you get on the home screen while playing media.
They seem to overlap the home screen windows.

Which file do I have to add to move/edit these controls (totalt newbie, but i would like to contribute in any way I can.

My idea was to move these to upper left corner or lower right corner and make small round buttons with an iPod feel to them.

Please see screenshot to see which buttons i'm talking about (new to all the terms in skin editing as well..)

I'm not sure about everyone else but I don't get those.
Which svn release of xbmc are you using?
hikaricore Wrote:I'm not sure about everyone else but I don't get those.
Which svn release of xbmc are you using?

It should come up if you press 'M' while in the menu.

Build:24195
DuMbGuM Wrote:It should come up if you press 'M' while in the menu.

Build:24195

The other poster seems to be saying he's getting this no matter what.
If it's a simple as not bringing up the system menu and then hitting M then problem solved.
I suspect however he's using an older version of xbmc and not following the instructions on page 1 to use svn.
The control stuff will show up if you press M. I added a visible condition to have them only show up if something is playing. The elements are still not positioned correctly though. I'll look into that later this night. Though I'm still unsure where to position them exactly.
DuMbGuM Wrote:Have you uploaded .xml's yet for a clearArt port over to alaska? I've been messing with it a bit but only managed to mess up the OSD Smile

first, remember am not pulling the clearArt from the original folder anymore (media/clearArt), it is pulled from the tvshow source folder and the path is explicitly wrote in the xml, is the last largeimage control in DialogSeekBar.xml, dont worry is commented).

backup your originals (VideoOSD.xml and DialogSeekbar.xml) and sorry that the xml have a lot of comments but its in test.

Alaska_clearArt_MOD
Thanks man, works perfect. For anyone who has TV directories in two locations or more you'll need to make a whole extra <control type="large image"> for any extra dir Wink