Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Evanrich Wrote:hitcher, i just got home, so I'll download and test again.

Edit: Settings look fixed now, so good job, but the white on white makes it VERY hard to read. I'll have to take a look at colors xml's you mentioned, as it's unreadable.
Glad that's fixed but as far the RED style goes it's not something we're working on as it's more of a mod than anything.
logggio Wrote:I see... And remote? haha sorry. I'm guessing hasn't been implemented yet.
Set up a button in the keymap.xml.
When looking at the info screen of a movie, the mpaa ratings are white now. This is difficult to see on a light background. I believe they used to be black, right?
Can you guys change the audio offset when watching a video?

I just get a white screen with no text or icons (everything else works fine, settings etc.), when trying to change it.

It has never worked for me with any Alaska build.

PS. I'm using Mac and a newer than 24xxx XBMC OS X build.

Thanks Smile

EDIT: I just saw that a Slider Dialog has been uploaded to github today, maybe that's what's been missing for the audio offset?

I'll try it as soon as I get home.
Ayla Wrote:Can you guys change the audio offset when watching a video?

I just get a white screen with no text or icons (everything else works fine, settings etc.), when trying to change it.

It has never worked for me with any Alaska build.

PS. I'm using Mac and a newer than 24xxx XBMC OS X build.

Thanks Smile

EDIT: I just saw that a Slider Dialog has been uploaded to github today, maybe that's what's been missing for the audio offset?

I'll try it as soon as I get home.

Yes, I've been doing some work on it last night since I needed it a few times over the last week and the white screen bugged me too Wink
sandman4sure Wrote:When looking at the info screen of a movie, the mpaa ratings are white now. This is difficult to see on a light background. I believe they used to be black, right?

Fixed.
this is coming along beautifully, keep up the great work Alaska Group!
I hate to ask and it's not a big deal if it's to much trouble, but could someone post the correct xml change for the colors folder so I can make the movie title a darker color font? Everytime I try and mess with it, the red theme becomes just like the white theme. Sorry for asking.
I'm still having problems with the font. Letters with an umlaut are not displayed correctly. What might cause this? Just updated to the latest version of Alaska.

Thanks and keep up the good work.
Hitcher Wrote:Glad that's fixed but as far the RED style goes it's not something we're working on as it's more of a mod than anything.

Set up a button in the keymap.xml.

changed from red to default and things look much better. hopefully somewhere down the line you guys will work on it a little more Smile
Eoghlear Wrote:I'm still having problems with the font. Letters with an umlaut are not displayed correctly. What might cause this? Just updated to the latest version of Alaska.

Thanks and keep up the good work.
Obviously the fonts don't support them and I know very little about fonts I'm afraid.
It may be the umlaut in Scripture simply missing, or the formatting is incorrect (Latin. ..) with extensions.

Thus, a problem I had with my skin "Extended Player" also, in most free fons missing umlauts. I had my own script tinkering.
eumel Wrote:It may be the umlaut in Scripture simply missing, or the formatting is incorrect (Latin. ..) with extensions.

Thus, a problem I had with my skin "Extended Player" also, in most free fons missing umlauts. I had my own script tinkering.

Hitcher Wrote:Obviously the fonts don't support them and I know very little about fonts I'm afraid.

So should i remove the font in the Alaska/skin/font map and replace them with another font or what do you recommmend?
anyone have issues with github? i try accessing the url for alaska and it says 404....
GitHub is Temporarily Offline.

Check Twitter for status alerts.

Either we're getting more requests right now than we can
handle or you found a page that took too long to render.

* You can try refreshing the page, the problem may be temporary.
* Learn how to deal with GitHub outages and other access problems.
That's the most amazing error screen of all time! And that sucks...