Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
fillidill Wrote:One more thing Hitcher. In the poster-view once again, shouldn't it be some kind of information about the tv show season like which season it is and how many episodes there are. Did you remove that by mistake or was it intentional?

Simple mistake on my part, fixed now.
Hitcher Wrote:You can only control 'Analogue' sound with XBMC and not 'Digital'.
ahh ok thats what i figured. would've been nice to be able to do it that way. thanks for the info.
It's taken me ages but here it is in all it's glory -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9qAqYVqVQg
Hitcher Wrote:It's taken me ages but here it is in all it's glory -

That is super cool. Are the new features in the git repo right now?

EDIT: Yes, it is.
Hitcher Wrote:It's taken me ages but here it is in all it's glory -

Fantastic work Hitcher, very polished result. So pressing up shows recently added and down shows submenu items correct? (Not at home to check this at the moment).
redtapemedia Wrote:Fantastic work Hitcher, very polished result. So pressing up shows recently added and down shows submenu items correct? (Not at home to check this at the moment).

Yep.
I've been more of an Icon view guy but that looks and seem to function great, can't imagine all that code...great job.

If you want a little MW2 break this guy has a great channel with super quality...http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSandyRavage
Had an earlier problem with icons not showing up and ccMatrix solved that problem for me. Now when I go to play a movie in XBMC the screen is completely black but audi still plays. Thoughts? Suggestions?
nvaia Wrote:Had an earlier problem with icons not showing up and ccMatrix solved that problem for me. Now when I go to play a movie in XBMC the screen is completely black but audi still plays. Thoughts? Suggestions?

No idea - doesn't happen for me. Sounds like an XBMC issue. You should search the Windows section if anyone reported this before or create a new thread with a description and a debug log to let them know of the issue so it can be fixed.
ccMatrix Wrote:No idea - doesn't happen for me. Sounds like an XBMC issue. You should search the Windows section if anyone reported this before or create a new thread with a description and a debug log to let them know of the issue so it can be fixed.

The same thing happened to me using the latest DX build, I switched to the OpenGL build and the issue stopped. Seems that the latest DX builds are broken? Can anyone else verify?
Wonderful work Hitcher. It functions beautifully and I especially love the 5 recent movies/tv show episodes that get shown with fanart or thumbs when hitting up on the submenus. Perfect!

I'm so glad you got this done before MW2 drops Smile

For those guys having video issues, it's working for me here in Windows with DirectX. Have you grabbed the latest DirectX update?
Vouzamo Wrote:Added the latest github last night and noticed that programs and scripts forces xbmc to close in ubuntu 9.10. This might be an issue with the XBMC svn build but thought i'd mention it anyway.

It's looking great. Just the dialogs and font colour choices that require a little bit of focus now I think.

This happens to me too, and has been doing so for quite a while now. I realize this is a few pages back, but searching didn't find any answers for it. Other skins work fine with the programs menu.

Great work, by the way.
Looks great !

My best wish now is:
ability to choice from (at least) 3 font sizes in Alaska settings. The default one is way too little for a living room setup...
It seems Alaska values simplicity, that's why an option like that should imho be provided, rather than push the user to struggle with xml files...

BTW:
it's only me, or in movies, powter view, a lot of informations are now not showed ?
Plot, labels...
those thinks are still shown in the tv shows poster view.
TheDuffMan Wrote:Wonderful work Hitcher. It functions beautifully and I especially love the 5 recent movies/tv show episodes that get shown with fanart or thumbs when hitting up on the submenus. Perfect!

I'm so glad you got this done before MW2 drops Smile
You don't know what a day I had getting this finished yesterday!

I was up until 3.30 this morning!

Big thanks to Rocky5 for being there when I keep hitting brick walls, cheers mate.

EDIT: Fixed the Poster problem.
Amazing that you do all this for free, for the community, Hitcher!

A 1000 thanks, and the new sub menus are very, very cool and works great, good job Smile