Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
jaytyler Wrote:That's an interesting questions - the primary goal is to be within 5-10 MB

I am sure once they have the views and other necessary part they will look in to the ancillary portions and allow us to use fanart for the buttons. At that time I am sure the size of the project will drop again.
principle is a git clone always greater than the normal version
garyi Wrote:How did this get from a trim 10 megs to 46 megs?

I thought the front screen would use 'fanart' which I took to mean artwork already in the user database?

Maybe you could look in the skin folder and find out Rolleyes

All the changing pngs for the home page, the full set of media flags and the weather back drops for conditional weather

You could limit the home page to one png each and remove flags and conditional weather back drops and it would be back to its original size
garyi Wrote:How did this get from a trim 10 megs to 46 megs?

I thought the front screen would use 'fanart' which I took to mean artwork already in the user database?
1. It's not even finished.
2. What djh released wasn't even a full skin.
3. It's not even finished.
4. HomeArt, Conditional Weather and Genre images make up most of the size.
5. It's not even finished.
6. If we use 'Fanart' it'll only be any good for Movies, TV Shows and some Music anyway, plus it'll also slow down the skin.
7. It's not even finished.
So can I take from this then that its not finished? Wink

I was just asking a question. However unless I am imagining it each time I return to the menu the icons have changed.

This IMO goes against good UI design, it means you HAVE to read the text because the icons changed from the last. (Plus I guess its adding weight)

I don't really care I am a geek and think it looks cool. But my son who is quite handy with the remote but too young to read is gonna be stuffed!
garyi Wrote:This IMO goes against good UI design, it means you HAVE to read the text because the icons changed from the last. (Plus I guess its adding weight)

I don't really care I am a geek and think it looks cool. But my son who is quite handy with the remote but too young to read is gonna be stuffed!
Simple. Just remove the images you dont want from /media/mainmenu/tvshows etc. If you just leave one in each dir it will just always use that and never cycle them.
garyi Wrote:So can I take from this then that its not finished? Wink

I was just asking a question. However unless I am imagining it each time I return to the menu the icons have changed.

This IMO goes against good UI design, it means you HAVE to read the text because the icons changed from the last. (Plus I guess its adding weight)

Just go into backdrops and remove all pngs except for one in each folder its hardly difficult Rolleyes

PS:It's not even finishedLaugh
garyi Wrote:I was just asking a question. However unless I am imagining it each time I return to the menu the icons have changed.

And that's exactly how djh intended it to be.

When released it'll probably only come with one image per category so users can download the others if they so wish. This will keep the size down.
Weavus Wrote:Just restore ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/Database/MyVideos34.db

Thanks for the help Weavus, my Movies are now showing again Smile
How do you guys access your Favourites?

I really miss my shortcuts for often used folders and video plugins etc.

Btw. REALLY nice work on the video OSD Hitcher and CF, it looks amazing, and the BIG letters "PAUSED" when you pause are very cool and fits the skin. Smile
Ayla Wrote:How do you guys access your Favourites?
Personally I've just mapped a button on my Harmony remote to 'ActivateWindow(Favourites)'
Do you think there is value in having fan art icons as it stands with perhaps a small 'indicator' icon to the bottom right of it kind of a merge of the two ideas?
garyi Wrote:Do you think there is value in having fan art icons as it stands with perhaps a small 'indicator' icon to the bottom right of it kind of a merge of the two ideas?
Does not sound like a good idea to me for the base skin. Your free to add the overlay to your own icons though.
Ayla Wrote:How do you guys access your Favourites?

I really miss my shortcuts for often used folders and video plugins etc.

Btw. REALLY nice work on the video OSD Hitcher and CF, it looks amazing, and the BIG letters "PAUSED" when you pause are very cool and fits the skin. Smile
I can't take any credit for that.
Just tossing some *virtual* pizza at you guys...

If I can't help... I can at least toss pizza and caffeine at you!

p.s.
You only get to CHOOSE the pizza flavour when you complete 1000 lines of skin config.

Good luck guys!