Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...and i was pressing play Laugh
Hitcher Wrote:Been playing around with the Night theme but can't decide which, if any, window colours to go with.

Opinions or more ideas welcome.

I prefer the 2nd one
hikaricore Wrote:Red Slate is beautiful, and I found some interesting combinations playing around with the colors and such.
Thanks & Thanks to Hitcher for including the theme on Github. For the latest version of the Red Slate theme check the link in my signature. I just updated it to include the most recent changes on github to the color files.
I noticed one other thing about Red Slate, the progress bar seemed out of place being white.
A closer match to the subtext and buttons made it seem more complete:

Quote:<color name="OSDProgressBar">CBc89008</color>

Just my 2 cents. ^_^
hikaricore Wrote:I noticed one other thing about Red Slate, the progress bar seemed out of place being white.
I hadn't noticed that yet as I use an external player. I'll switch back to the XBMC player & test it out this weekend. Thanks.
how you change the settings icons and/or buttons color.

via color.xml or you need to change it in photoshop
Am I the only one who is having trouble changing movie thumbs in alaska?

just not working for me... any ideas?
Been away for a few days & just updated my copy to the latest version; for some reason I can't see the Studio Flag anymore, have I missed something? I've downloaded the extras package, put it inside the media/ sub folder & turned on the Studio Flag check box. It shows the space where it should be but just has a question mark instead of the icon?

Oh, in case it matters, I'm on the Alpha 2 build.

Cheers.
Just come back after being away for some time and tested out alaska today.

@Hitch and anyone else involved all I have to say is WOW.. Superb job. congrats on a beautiful skin.

I am currently running it on night settings and love it.

I do how ever have a couple of questions. I have searched this thread and found at least one of teh questions asked before but without an answer. Also sorry if I have missed something already posted before but reading through 145 pages full of posts would take me days Sad

- Music genre art. As in your Aeon Hitch mod where you had MusicGenre stored in the media directory. Is this possible in alaska?

- Set defaults for main menu options. What I mean by this is when I browse music I always go in via Genre 1st. When I select the music icon on main page I always have to scroll down a few until I get to Genre.. Is there a way to make Genre default?

Thanks and again sorry if these have already been answered... Beautiful...really beautiful as Bernard Mathews would say Smile
reaven Wrote:how you change the settings icons and/or buttons color.

via color.xml or you need to change it in photoshop
I changed it by modifying the "ButtonFilterColor" number in the xml file.

ph0rce Wrote:Been away for a few days & just updated my copy to the latest version; for some reason I can't see the Studio Flag anymore, have I missed something? I've downloaded the extras package, put it inside the media/ sub folder & turned on the Studio Flag check box. It shows the space where it should be but just has a question mark instead of the icon?

Oh, in case it matters, I'm on the Alpha 2 build.

Cheers.
The extras folder now goes under the main Alaska folder, not under "Aslaska\media" anymore. Hitcher changed that a while back.
Hitcher

Thanks for making new themes, I hope you will add a lot of color combinations (or maybe make it easy to add your own). Maybe inspired by the Adobe Kuler community Smile

Can I ask, what is the difference between "Theme" and "Colours" in the Appearance Settings?

I can choose "Night" for both, but I can also choose Night for Theme and Red Slate for Colours?
thesoulhacker Wrote:Am I the only one who is having trouble changing movie thumbs in alaska?

just not working for me... any ideas?
Fine here but it doesn't change straight away (XBMX issue not skin).

MrTourettes Wrote:- Music genre art. As in your Aeon Hitch mod where you had MusicGenre stored in the media directory. Is this possible in alaska?

- Set defaults for main menu options. What I mean by this is when I browse music I always go in via Genre 1st. When I select the music icon on main page I always have to scroll down a few until I get to Genre.. Is there a way to make Genre default?
I'd ideally like to find a set of images that better represent the genres and hopefully fit in with the skin before adding Music Genres.

You can change where the main button links to by editing the Includes_Home_1.xml.
Code:
<item id="3">
    <description>Music</description>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary,albums,return)</onclick>
</item>
Change albums to genres for instance.
Ayla Wrote:Can I ask, what is the difference between "Theme" and "Colours" in the Appearance Settings?

I can choose "Night" for both, but I can also choose Night for Theme and Red Slate for Colours?
A 'Theme' will have changes to the textures as well as the colours.
Hitcher Wrote:I'd ideally like to find a set of images that better represent the genres and hopefully fit in with the skin before adding Music Genres.

Have you considered these one by Cf2009? These are the ones I use and have added some of those myself

http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj4/O...c%20genre/
I am in no way moaning because it could be my TV but the gradients for the backgrounds look appalling, they look great on VNC so I assume the TV, but its supposed to be 1080i, its as if only 12 colours are being used.

Does anyone know if there is a setting I can change in OSX or something, I am worried what ever is causing this is also effecting video.
garyi Wrote:I am in no way moaning because it could be my TV but the gradients for the backgrounds look appalling, they look great on VNC so I assume the TV, but its supposed to be 1080i, its as if only 12 colours are being used.

Does anyone know if there is a setting I can change in OSX or something, I am worried what ever is causing this is also effecting video.

Not sure about mac but that definatly sounds to me like your default display is set to a low colour amount and xbmc is picking up what your system settings are and using that.

Try finding an option in osx to increase colour depth of your desktop ( or what ever its called on smac )