Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hikaricore Wrote:The other poster seems to be saying he's getting this no matter what.
If it's a simple as not bringing up the system menu and then hitting M then problem solved.
I suspect however he's using an older version of xbmc and not following the instructions on page 1 to use svn.

This menu only comes up on home screen when i'm running video/music in the background. If i'm running a video in fullscreen i get the nice gui.

Using svn r24548 (9.11-alpha2), that should be a pretty recent build?

Anywho, if somone just could point me in the direction of the xml file i need to edit, then I could probably fix this myself Smile
I didn't, but I will google it for next time. But is this normal behavior you see in the picture?

reaven Wrote:you know XBMC has a function to take screenshots ? so you dont need to take actual pictures of your tv.
ccMatrix Wrote:The control stuff will show up if you press M. I added a visible condition to have them only show up if something is playing. The elements are still not positioned correctly though. I'll look into that later this night. Though I'm still unsure where to position them exactly.

That's a great idea. How do you achieve this?

I modified the look of the controls for my own needs quite some time ago.

Hi,
Mr Hitcher, is it possible to have a showcase view for music like in Aeon ? in library & file mode ?
Or a square view like in library but in file mode ?
Thank you in advance
fillidill Wrote:That's a great idea. How do you achieve this?

I modified the look of the controls for my own needs quite some time ago.

Hi,

about what I was thinking as well. You mind sharing the xml with me ?
Hey guys, I'm loving alaska, but after I upgraded to xbmc 9.11 beta 1 it keeps crashing when i try to start films. The confluense skin works just fine, and alaska always crashes at the same spot. crashlog is here http://pastebin.com/mf52d276

Is this because of some upgrade i xbmc? And yes i just pulled down the latest version of alaska. Any help is appreciated Smile
GrimmVarg Wrote:Hey guys, I'm loving alaska, but after I upgraded to xbmc 9.11 beta 1 it keeps crashing when i try to start films. The confluense skin works just fine, and alaska always crashes at the same spot. crashlog is here http://pastebin.com/mf52d276

Is this because of some upgrade i xbmc? And yes i just pulled down the latest version of alaska. Any help is appreciated Smile

still works fine for me. might be something in your upgrade...
Hello, first thanks for this fantastic skin.
The second, sorry for my english.
And finally, I've done for me a Loginscreen very, very simple (copying and pasting code) because I use it a lot.
The code is taken from alaska and PMHD.
Here you have what it takes to make it work. You will have to put pictures (picked from PMHD) in the folder / media and xml in the / 720.
http://rapidshare.com/files/311653152/Al...m.rar.html

Thanks and I hope you find it useful.
Hi Hitch,

This might be something that is not possible but I want to check anyway.

When browsing music artists and albums etc I use 2 views... Square & Wall.

When browsing Movies I use poster & hopefully if you add a wall I will use this one also.

So basically on both music and movies I use 2 views.

Right to my question. Is there anyway I can setup Alska so I can have 1 button on my remote control to swap between these 2 views.

I understand I will probably have to configure a button on remote but is there anyway you could setup an input in the skin that I can asign these 2 views to so basically rather than having to constantly go into the menu to swap between views I can just quickly switch via a single button push.

1 Other thing also. On wall how easy would it be to increase the size of the selected image and display the name underneither. Similar to the image I have knocked up here ( sorry excuse my poor photoshop skills I did it quickly Wink

The larger box with a question mark?

Can I stop that appearing? As not one single of my tv shows or films has anything to say other than that question mark, its a little distracting.
In the alaska preferences there's an option to hide the studio flags.
There ya go.
gekados Wrote:Hi,

about what I was thinking as well. You mind sharing the xml with me ?

Of course! Smile You can get it here.

I also made a login a while back that's heavily inspired of the early concept of windows vista. It doesn't look like alaska at all, but I don't find that a problem. Let me know if anybody want it.

out of curiosity, is it possible to have the watched tv shows hidden, but watched movies displayed? currently setting one to hidden hides the other, but i'm not sure if this is an xbmc limitation or not. it would be nice to have that setting made independent of each other.
fillidill Wrote:Of course! Smile You can get it here.

I also made a login a while back that's heavily inspired of the early concept of windows vista. It doesn't look like alaska at all, but I don't find that a problem. Let me know if anybody want it.

cheers !
will have alook at it and give it a go.
gekados Wrote:Hope i'm not way out of line here, it's hard to tell how far you guys have come with this skin. But I was wondering about the controls (play, pause, fast forward etc) that you get on the home screen while playing media.
They seem to overlap the home screen windows.

Which file do I have to add to move/edit these controls (totalt newbie, but i would like to contribute in any way I can.

My idea was to move these to upper left corner or lower right corner and make small round buttons with an iPod feel to them.

Please see screenshot to see which buttons i'm talking about (new to all the terms in skin editing as well..)

Updated today but using temp images for the Repeat/Random buttons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=milbsbnWP8g