Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i've been using the plex port of alaska for a while and recently started modding it. i wanted to use it on my windows laptop too and it seems to work pretty well. there are a few things i need to change first but once done i'll post the xbmc version up here too. just need to revert a few of the plex changes.

all the glow and watched icons use the background colour so can be changed really easily by editing an existing or creating a new colour xml. i plan on extending that to the virtually every icon in the skin to make it really easy to mod. all depends on how well it works though.

marc
Using the red themed Alaska, I notice that some of the text becomes unreadable because of the white text on white background. Is it possible for someone to change the text to a black, red, or daker grey?
Have a look in the colors folder at the default.xml and red.xml.
I know that Alaska is under development, but i was wondering if it is possible to change the music genre icons at this stage?
My previous changes to try and sort out the Linux 'Settings' problem messed up too many other things so I've reverted them and had a stab at another fix.

Please test and leave feedback.

Thanks.
Hitcher Wrote:Have a look in the colors folder at the default.xml and red.xml.

I started to mess with the color codes and when I changed some of the settings to red, the red theme completely went away and both themes were then the standard white.
You don't want to change anything in the default one only the red one.

It's because we've added new colour tags that wont be in 'red'.
Can anyone do me a quick favor? I really LOVE Alaska just how it is, except for one thing, the videos option in the home screen is useless to me. Can anyone point me in the right direction to removing it? Or perhaps whip up a quick replacement xml? I have no idea what I'm doing, but it's really the only thing I want changed about alaska right now.
hitcher, i just got home, so I'll download and test again.

Edit: Settings look fixed now, so good job, but the white on white makes it VERY hard to read. I'll have to take a look at colors xml's you mentioned, as it's unreadable.
El Massman Wrote:i've been using the plex port of alaska for a while and recently started modding it. i wanted to use it on my windows laptop too and it seems to work pretty well. there are a few things i need to change first but once done i'll post the xbmc version up here too. just need to revert a few of the plex changes.

all the glow and watched icons use the background colour so can be changed really easily by editing an existing or creating a new colour xml. i plan on extending that to the virtually every icon in the skin to make it really easy to mod. all depends on how well it works though.

marc

Just registered to say this looks great. Reminds me in some way to the original concepts of Fluid by Ayala. Looking forward to see this released Laugh
Wow, coming a long way Smile good work guys. I haven't been keeping up lol, i just downloaded latest update and loving it!

Call me stupid if you will, but is there no power off/reset options yet? or am i just overlooking this?

keep it up guys!

Log.
press "s".
and on Xbox?
I believe click down R-stick
I see... And remote? haha sorry. I'm guessing hasn't been implemented yet.