Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For those of you missing Party Mode...

Is there a method of "logging off" in the skin that I'm not aware of? I thought it might be in the 's' Shutdown Menu, but I didn't spot it there.
Thanks.
reta Wrote:All of a sudden (after downloading the latest revision) when pressing "back" from the movies menu I get to menu with "Genres", "Title" and when pressing "back" again I see the menu with "Recently added ...", "Playlists". After a third press I get to the root menu. Is there a way to disable this if it's meant to be that way?
(I know I can remap my remote so that the back button goes straight to the root from the movie menu but is there a easier way and is it supposed to be like that?)

I hate this. Hate. This.
jaytyler Wrote:I hate this. Hate. This.

Hitcher Wrote:If you checked the commits you'd see why I've done this - it's the only way, at the moment, to get to those categories. If you want to get back to the Home screen use Esc.

not that hard to get around....
Only One Haze Wrote:not that hard to get around....

Where is the Esc key on my Apple Remote? Hmmm, looks harder than you think. Or perhaps I should just use a keyboard all the time - or get one of those 40 button remotes. Sounds really user friendly. Hmmm.

At least you'd think there'd be an option to turn this ridiculous setting off until XBMC is updated to allow access to those categories without forcing users through those options every single time just to get anywhere.
It's a Work In Progress, so I'm not going to waste time adding an option for everything until it's finished. If you don't like something check the commit and change it back.
I'm really looking forward to this skin, but shouldn't this thread be locked by now, or moved to an Alaska support forum? The developers thankfully have a private forum to develop/share ideas for the skin; this thread has turned into 70+ pages of requests, complaints, and support for an unfinished skin and it's getting kind of ridiculous/discouraging.
Hitcher Wrote:It's a Work In Progress, so I'm not going to waste time adding an option for everything until it's finished. If you don't like something check the commit and change it back.

Wouldn't it be better to complete each section as you go along rather than getting everything to a half finished state and then having to revisit each section multiple times?
jaytyler Wrote:Wouldn't it be better to complete each section as you go along rather than getting everything to a half finished state and then having to revisit each section multiple times?

Nope. That's what Alphas and Betas are for.
Hitcher Wrote:Ah right,I thought someone mentioned Wraplists.

Anyway, here it is using a Fixedlist with the focus position of 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORb7gMDtgiU

That looks fantastic with the fixed list and a focus 3 position.
Looking good man! Big Grin
OlafBerserker77 Wrote:Nope. That's what Alphas and Betas are for.

Have you looked into any kind of project management? No?
Having liked the way the Star Rating came out I've had a play around combining the Resolution and Aspect ratio flag.

phoenx97 Wrote:I'm really looking forward to this skin, but shouldn't this thread be locked by now, or moved to an Alaska support forum? The developers thankfully have a private forum to develop/share ideas for the skin; this thread has turned into 70+ pages of requests, complaints, and support for an unfinished skin and it's getting kind of ridiculous/discouraging.

Where would you suggest people discuss the skin?
Hitcher Wrote:Having liked the way the Star Rating came out I've had a play around combining the Resolution and Aspect ratio flag.

Really like the look of this Hitcher!