Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Originally Posted by erhnam
Anyone looked at my mouse item? I don't have a mouse pointer when I activate Alaska. Anyone?

Weavus Wrote:The skin is not designed for mouse usage.

helps to read the thread
Hitcher Wrote:Colour schemes appear in the Appearance settings so if someone makes a new one we can easily add it to Alaska.

I'm currently converting the textures to white so their colours can easily be changed in the same way as the backgrounds and text by adding a diffuse colour to them.

Here's a quick test from earlier made simply by changing three colour tags.

Obviously I'm not great when it comes to choosing colours but this gives you an idea of just how easy it'll be to customise.

You should use the Alaska Night mod by cf2009 as one of the options...it's pretty much badass
I was intrigued by your color schemes, so I made one of my own. This is the first real modding I've done of any skin, and I think it turned out pretty well.

If you want to add it in, great. If not, then just consider it an example of what CAN be done

I call it Khaki

Work's still got to be done on converting all the frames and media flags before any colour schemes can be considered. Also, you'll need to look at changing the text colours as well but I'm glad it's working as intended.
Yeah, I had to change everything manually, but I like the way it turned out. It was just a matter of changing the codes, and then changing the hue and saturation of the pngs in Photoshop.

If it can be simplified, that's great - but it's not that hard to do now. I like that Big Grin
Good work, lots of potential in this.

Way too early for feature requests but different colours for different sections is something that springs to mind. For example:
- TV - Blue
- Movies - Gold
- Music - Red
Hitcher Wrote:I'm glad it's working as intended.

Yeah, very nice feature!
Excuse me for asking, but is there a way to remove the square around the studio flag?
Just delete the studioframe.png.
nvaia Wrote:You should use the Alaska Night mod by cf2009 as one of the options...it's pretty much badass

where is it?
Nick8888 Wrote:Good work, lots of potential in this.

Way too early for feature requests but different colours for different sections is something that springs to mind. For example:
- TV - Blue
- Movies - Gold
- Music - Red

you know what might be badass? If it could fade from one theme to another....kinda like how AEON sorta shifted when you went from one section to another (Movies->TV->Music....)

I'm just...you know, throwing that out there Hitcher Wink Not that I'd probably use it though, except for eye candy, I'm a HUGE FAN of minimalism, and the white/grey/black is really sick....think I'll probably leave it this way for.....ever...unless some sick ass color themes come out.
Evanrich Wrote:where is it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLdM2cOkJkg
nvaia Wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLdM2cOkJkg

oh ok, i saw that before, thought the mod was actually posted in here.
I've added a color to manipulate the gradient behind the mainmenu text. Otherwise this will always be bright and make dark themes pretty much impossible. I also removed the shadows around the fanart/mainmenu images.

Happy modding.
Evanrich Wrote:oh ok, i saw that before, thought the mod was actually posted in here.

It can be found here --> http://github.com/cf2009/Alaska-Night

It hasn't been updated for a while.