Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I have a few questions and answering them would be really nice of you, otherwise, hey.. tough shit for me Smile

1. The text "DIRECTED BY:", "WRITTEN BY:" and "STARRING:" has disappeared for me from the movie info view (example), any clue why and how I can make them appear again?

2. Have anyone implemented some kind of IMDB rating to Alaska? Would be really nice to see it in the "movie browser" view or even in movie info would be nice.

3. Where are the pictures for the root menu stored? I have some good art I would like to use. (in this example someone changed the pictures "button" to a lens, I'd like to do the same)

4. I've written in this thread about the favorites menu not showing up, and if anybody experienced the same problems or know the solution to it, but didn't see my earlier posts, please feel free to share your wisdom with me Big Grin
reta Wrote:3. Where are the pictures for the root menu stored? I have some good art I would like to use. (in this example someone changed the pictures "button" to a lens, I'd like to do the same)

media/mainmenu
reta Wrote:1. The text "DIRECTED BY:", "WRITTEN BY:" and "STARRING:" has disappeared for me from the movie info view (example), any clue why and how I can make them appear again?

I did it like this. Open DialogVideoInfo.xml.
Find:
Code:
<control type="label">
<posx>125</posx>
<posy>130</posy>
<width>550</width>
<font>Font_InfoDetails</font>
<textcolor>InfoDetails</textcolor>
<info>ListItem.Director</info>
</control>
Add before or after that:
Code:
<control type="label">
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>130</posy>
<width>550</width>
<font>Font_InfoDetails</font>
<textcolor>InfoDetails</textcolor>
<label>Director:</label>
</control>
and so on...
Anyone who can tell me how to change the Studio media tag with the IMDb numeric rating instead?

Thanks Smile
reta Wrote:Hey, I have a few questions and answering them would be really nice of you, otherwise, hey.. tough shit for me Smile

1. The text "DIRECTED BY:", "WRITTEN BY:" and "STARRING:" has disappeared for me from the movie info view (example), any clue why and how I can make them appear again?

2. Have anyone implemented some kind of IMDB rating to Alaska? Would be really nice to see it in the "movie browser" view or even in movie info would be nice.

3. Where are the pictures for the root menu stored? I have some good art I would like to use. (in this example someone changed the pictures "button" to a lens, I'd like to do the same)

4. I've written in this thread about the favorites menu not showing up, and if anybody experienced the same problems or know the solution to it, but didn't see my earlier posts, please feel free to share your wisdom with me Big Grin

1)Fixed in my fork.
4)see #1
OlafBerserker77 Wrote:1)Fixed in my fork.
4)see #1

and what is your fork?
If anyone like me who has 600 or so movies and need a scrollbar, this is what I came up with and here's what to do...

viewtype_poster.xml

put bold code in here:
Quote:<focusposition>4</focusposition>
<scrolltime>200</scrolltime>
<pagecontrol>60</pagecontrol>
<include>Animation_ZoomInZoomOut</include>
<include>Animation_ZoomedByMenu</include>

and then these bolded lines towards the the very end:
Quote:</control>
<control type="scrollbar" id="60">
<description>My first scroll bar control</description>
<posx>305</posx>
<posy>663</posy>
<width>670</width>
<height>41</height>
<visible allowhiddenfocus="true">Control.IsVisible(50) + Control.HasFocus(60)</visible>
<texturesliderbackground>windows/scrollbarbackshowcase.png</texturesliderbackground>
<texturesliderbar>-</texturesliderbar>
<texturesliderbarfocus>-</texturesliderbarfocus>
<textureslidernib>windows/scrollbarnub-nofocus.png</textureslidernib>
<textureslidernibfocus>windows/scrollbarnub-focus.png</textureslidernibfocus>
<pulseonselect></pulseonselect>
<orientation>horizontal</orientation>
<showonepage>false</showonepage>
<onup>50</onup>
<ondown>50</ondown>
<onleft>60</onleft>
<onright>60</onright>
<include>Animation_HideShowcase</include>
<include>Animation_CommonFade</include>
</control>

</include>
</includes>

Here the image files just put in your media folder.
Please don't take this in the wrong tone, but this is why we moved to a private forum. When things are broken, or there is something missing, we know... because the skin is not done. Most of the stuff you guys are posting problems about are on the list to be fixed or are already fixed. Please keep this in mind when posting.
OlafBerserker77 Wrote:Please don't take this in the wrong tone, but this is why we moved to a private forum. When things are broken, or there is something missing, we know... because the skin is not done. Most of the stuff you guys are posting problems about are on the list to be fixed or are already fixed. Please keep this in mind when posting.

So are you guys planning to release the skin only when it is done? are you guys far into it?

A little update wouldn't hurt, I totally understand why you guys moved, and even why you blocked people from using or seeing the git updates but a little update just to let people know how things are coming along every once in while would be cool.
The skin is coming along, and I'm sure I speak for everyone involved that we appreciate everyone's enthusiasm for the skin. But the truth is it's only about 65-70% done. In it's current state, there are a lot of gui elements missing, a lot of generic placeholders(for example i just got around to actually making the movie info use the correct mpaa rating instead of rating everything 'R').

McBorzu, thanks for the scrollbar (it was actually a productive post) but as far as Mods or hacks, the last thing we need is a million different versions of this skin floating around. Everything is in a constant state of flux right now, and once everything is settled in it's place, everyone can feel free to hack it to their hearts content, but until then I will try my best to keep the hoards at bay with updates here and there.

Fair enough?

Against my better judgement, here is a snapshot of what I have right now.

http://bit.ly/2AZ0p

Remember: Things are broken and\or just plain don't exist!
good job, keep going
OlafBerserker77 Wrote:The skin is coming along, and I'm sure I speak for everyone involved that we appreciate everyone's enthusiasm for the skin. But the truth is it's only about 65-70% done. In it's current state, there are a lot of gui elements missing, a lot of generic placeholders(for example i just got around to actually making the movie info use the correct mpaa rating instead of rating everything 'R').

McBorzu, thanks for the scrollbar (it was actually a productive post) but as far as Mods or hacks, the last thing we need is a million different versions of this skin floating around. Everything is in a constant state of flux right now, and once everything is settled in it's place, everyone can feel free to hack it to their hearts content, but until then I will try my best to keep the hoards at bay with updates here and there.

Fair enough?

Against my better judgement, here is a snapshot of what I have right now.

http://bit.ly/2AZ0p

Remember: Things are broken and\or just plain don't exist!

Thanks for the update Olaf, I think this is all we can ask for, an update every once in a while, it is greatly appreciated.
OlafBerserker77 Wrote:Please don't take this in the wrong tone, but this is why we moved to a private forum. When things are broken, or there is something missing, we know... because the skin is not done. Most of the stuff you guys are posting problems about are on the list to be fixed or are already fixed. Please keep this in mind when posting.

Why would people not post stuff like this in here? The skin development was moved to a private forum, this thread is free to be used in this manner.
... with that said, could someone help me with this problem, which probably isn't something that needs to be fixed since it worked fine for me before now.

When activating Movie info and pressing up, to show the "view cast", "get thumbs", "play trailer" and so on the movie info in the background does get smaller but doesn't fade out the way it used to (It simply doesn't change opacity). Look at the following example.

Which xml should I dig into to get this the way it used to be?
Check the latest commit.