Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Hitcher, Alaska looks very great. Good work!

But due to your latest major update i tried to download the Aeon Backdrops from the Aeon Project site. But the backdrops are down!!!!

Is there another site where i can download the Aeon Backdrops to use them with Alaska.

Thanx in advance.
Efty
efty.edge Wrote:Hi Hitcher, Alaska looks very great. Good work!

But due to your latest major update i tried to download the Aeon Backdrops from the Aeon Project site. But the backdrops are down!!!!

Is there another site where i can download the Aeon Backdrops to use them with Alaska.

Thanx in advance.
Efty

See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50344

They are on mediafire:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=fd762...b9a8902bda
Vouzamo Wrote:Added the latest github last night and noticed that programs and scripts forces xbmc to close in ubuntu 9.10. This might be an issue with the XBMC svn build but thought i'd mention it anyway.

It's looking great. Just the dialogs and font colour choices that require a little bit of focus now I think.
Have you tried it using another skin?
ccMatrix Wrote:Not yet but I just committed code and images for that. Should make their way into Hitchers repository soon.

thats great!
Hitcher Wrote:Have you tried it using another skin?

Not yet but will be spending more time on it tonight.
Hitcher,

Could you maybe upload the home menu pictures you have, I saw in your video that you have pictures for Movies, TV Shows etc. and I bet they are the correct size too? Smile

Thanks,
Ayla Wrote:Hitcher,

Could you maybe upload the home menu pictures you have, I saw in your video that you have pictures for Movies, TV Shows etc. and I bet they are the correct size too? Smile

Thanks,

I'll be getting some packs together later today.

EDIT: And they'll be family friendly so there's no embarrassing moments caused by Gillian Anderson's cleavage.
Hitcher Wrote:I'll be getting some packs together later today.

EDIT: And they'll be family friendly so there's no embarrassing moments caused by Gillian Anderson's cleavage.

That's too bad Big Grin

What size do you use for the pictures?
I've made them 530x380 pixels for use on a 1080p television.
I made mine 698x520 (double the size of the image control for 720p).
Hitcher Wrote:I made mine 698x520 (double the size of the image control for 720p).

Great, thanks!

I think mine were a bit blurry, so I'll use your size and compare.

U have made an applescript file (mac) which will automatically resize all the backdrops in a folder to the new size, so it won't be too much work Smile
sialivi Wrote:Hitcher,
At the very end of the home customization video the button images transition to new images, I think it might look even better by doing some kind of staggered transition so the images don't all change at the same time.
Right, I've had a look at implementing this but I can only think of two ways to achieve it and neither is satisfactory in my opinion.

1. Make the time per image for each panel longer than the previous one.

Side affect - the time delay between each panel increases with every run.

2. Delay the initial appearance of each panel.

Side affect - empty space when entering Home (see video).

Home Menu Fading

The effect looks nice but I don't think it outweighs the trade-offs.
Multi-image packs now available (see first post for links).

Simply unRAR them wherever you like and use the Artwork Settings to select them.
Hitcher Wrote:Right, I've had a look at implementing this but I can only think of two ways to achieve it and neither is satisfactory in my opinion.

1. Make the time per image for each panel longer than the previous one.

Side affect - the time delay between each panel increases with every run.

2. Delay the initial appearance of each panel.

Side affect - empty space when entering Home (see video).

Home Menu Fading

The effect looks nice but I don't think it outweighs the trade-offs.

Hi Hitcher, I agree that option 2 doesn't outweigh the benefits. However, I think option 1 looks great. I don't think that each run taking longer is really an issue - makes it look more fluid if anything. Having said that - I'm having to use home screen 3 at the moment as I can't seem to turn items off on option 1 (which otherwise would be my favourite).
You can't turn off any options when using the default Home layout - it's too complicated.
jaytyler Wrote:Hi Hitcher, I agree that option 2 doesn't outweigh the benefits. However, I think option 1 looks great. I don't think that each run taking longer is really an issue - makes it look more fluid if anything.
Believe me it doesn't look nice at all. After a while they're all out of sync.

I'll post a video soon.

EDIT: Here you go -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rvQiYOzvVI