Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
can someone please tell me what size i need to make my "episode" thumbs? i am trying to make some for my football games that i have set up as a TV show.. thanks a bunch. I am using the file list for now ( im pretty sure its the file list, it looks like reta's post above) I am at work right now and cant look at the files...
Only One Haze Wrote:can someone please tell me what size i need to make my "episode" thumbs? i am trying to make some for my football games that i have set up as a TV show.. thanks a bunch. I am using the file list for now ( im pretty sure its the file list, it looks like reta's post above) I am at work right now and cant look at the files...

The standard from thetvdb.com is 400x226
thanks stoli. really appreciate that. this is my first go round with tv show stuff
Bug: newest build of Alaska locks up when the info screen is accessed on a newly scanned movie.
Also when I page back from the system or appearance settings using a harmoney it pauses for a second the returns right back to the main menu but keeps clicking. Most odd!
I got a few crashes with the latest version. They seem to appear on random actions (once when I started a movie, once when I pressed enter while watching a movie and once when I changed the view). I haven't updated XBMC in a while though because of the "broken" SVN after the big merge.
garyi Wrote:Also when I page back from the system or appearance settings using a harmoney it pauses for a second the returns right back to the main menu but keeps clicking. Most odd!

I have noticed this for about 3 build now. I thought it was just me. Big Grin
reta Wrote:Great work so far! I have a suggestion for a slight improvement... if you have time for it and think it's worth it, the following change in TV episode list view would be awesome!

When there are more than 6 episodes in one season folder you have to browse down to the last one (the sixth) and then press down once more to see if there are more episodes in that season, and if there aren't you will jump up to the first episode again.

Wouldn't it be better if the position (currently selected episode) was static and the list moved up/down with each press instead? Let's say the selection was always static in the following position:
So that there always are 3 episodes above and 2 episodes beneath?
This way when going from 9 -> 10 in this examlpe you'll see episode 12 pop up under episode 11.

The trouble is then when you have less than 6 episodes -

I still prefer the way Duncan did it and I'm reluctant to go changing it.
Those of you who use Banners will be pleased to know I've changed Files View a bit so they line up correctly when using the focus lines.

Hitcher Wrote:The trouble is then when you have less than 6 episodes -

I still prefer the way Duncan did it and I'm reluctant to go changing it.

I completely agree, the way it was changed loses what was IMO a very cool effect. The original problem is still slightly annoying though, would it be more trouble than it's worth to add maybe an arrow if there are more episodes? For example:

On a separate note, I don't think I've read any comments on it, but I really love home screen 3, the simple style is just perfect. I am hoping it will be left as an option going forward with the skin, just in case you thought nobody uses it.

Finally, as this is my first post, just wanted to say congrats and thanks for all the hard work (directed at all skinners of course). Alaska is easily my favourite so far.
Hitcher Wrote:The trouble is then when you have less than 6 episodes -

I guess my suggestion was a little unclear, I can agree with that Smile

I'll demonstrate what I ment with 2 gifs:

How it is now

How I suggested it to be

When you come down to the last episode, may it be third ep of that season or even the twelfth, you don't see anything below it, and you see it's the last ep because of that. Otherwise you never know which the last ep is until you actually jumped to the first one again.

hope you understand what I mean with static position (... of the selected ep and a moving list instead of a moving selection) now. Give it a thought and if you don't like it or don't have time for it, no problem, I'm really impressed by the work and effort you guys have put in to Alaska as it is.

edit: I suck at making gifs, didn't make em' loop, so just right click the image -> reload if you want to see the animation again.
Ah right,I thought someone mentioned Wraplists.

Anyway, here it is using a Fixedlist with the focus position of 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORb7gMDtgiU
Hitcher Wrote:Ah right,I thought someone mentioned Wraplists.

Anyway, here it is using a Fixedlist with the focus position of 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORb7gMDtgiU

exactly what I meant! thank you

will that be added in the future or is it already implemented?
I preferred the old animation, could you make it optional if you decide to implement it?