Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
jaytyler Wrote:Has this been changed? I'd be really disappointed if the community was kept completely out of this community project.

The private forum I can understand even if I disagree with the community not having a chance to participate in the development. Not letting the community see the progress is something that I really can't understand or agree with.

The 'community' can still do all the development and sharing they want. A select few have taken their discussions to a private forum. The code is out there for anyone and everyone to work with...

In addition to Hitcher's git repo you can also follow all of the various forks coming off of Hitcher's original.
stoli Wrote:The 'community' can still do all the development and sharing they want. A select few have taken their own own work to a private forum. The code is out there for anyone and everyone to work with...

In addition to Hitcher's git repo you can also follow all of the various forks coming off of Hitcher's original.

I apologise - I didn't realise that community was a dirty word. Obviously you are yet another one of these that believes that open source means that if you don't code it yourself then you should fuck off.
jaytyler Wrote:I apologise - I didn't realise that community was a dirty word. Obviously you are yet another one of these that believes that open source means that if you don't code it yourself then you should fuck off.

hahahahahahahahaha
jaytyler Wrote:I apologise - I didn't realise that community was a dirty word. Obviously you are yet another one of these that believes that open source means that if you don't code it yourself then you should fuck off.

Maybe you missed the fact that I was pointing you to their open source code...

jaytyler Wrote:Sounds great, really good that the community can pull together like this. Very worried that we'll fall victim to 'design by committee' though so i'll keep anything else to myself.
stoli Wrote:Maybe you missed the fact that I was pointing you to their open source code...

Maybe you missed the humour in my post - sorry it wasn't more obvious.

I realise you were pointing me to where the updates are at - thanks for that. I feel you could have done it in a more positive manner though.
jaytyler Wrote:Maybe you missed the humour in my post - sorry it wasn't more obvious.

I realise you were pointing me to where the updates are at - thanks for that. I feel you could have done it in a more positive manner though.

While most people on here are "socially retarded," Stoli is actually very helpful and a good guy.

You'll have to follow the progress of this skin on github, unfortunately. Maybe they will post some screens here and there, but I doubt it.
jaytyler Wrote:Maybe you missed the humour in my post - sorry it wasn't more obvious.

Are you the same jaytyler from the awkwardtv forums? Explains a lot. Eek
nvaia Wrote:You'll have to follow the progress of this skin on github, unfortunately. Maybe they will post some screens here and there, but I doubt it.

Here's the current movie/tv osd (the current and end time is my own addition, everything else is straight from Hitcher's github)

And a press of enter or up brings up the other buttons:

* The pink/red fade is actually much more subtle on my tv then it is the monitor.

Modified xml files here

My changes are all preceded by a comment "<!-- Stoli added..."

** This is based on Hitcher's git as of 09/26/09; it is certainly subject to break at any moment. :-)
stoli Wrote:Here's the current movie/tv osd (the current and end time is my own addition, everything else is straight from Hitcher's github)

And a press of enter or up brings up the other buttons:

* The pink/red fade is actually much more subtle on my tv then it is the monitor.

Very nice...can you post the xml changes you made to get the current and end time?
I added a link to the original post
stoli Wrote:I added a link to the original post

Thanks, Stoli!
Mine osd Rofl :

I tried Alaska.. Absloutely amazing.. Thanks for the great work...

My only concern that it is white! I need sunglasses to watch it on my 50'' screen especially with dimmed lights.. And when it comes to plasma screens, this will increase its energy consumption since plasmas are active they consume more energy to produce white.. However, on a LCD you could get a tan Wink

Anyways, great work and wonderful skin as usual from Djh, and Hitcher.. But this needs a Black, Dark Grey theme IMO.. Which I am sure you guys will add..

Thanks again..
black would look shit
Dullie Wrote:I tried Alaska.. Absloutely amazing.. Thanks for the great work...

My only concern that it is white! I need sunglasses to watch it on my 50'' screen especially with dimmed lights.. And when it comes to plasma screens, this will increase its energy consumption since plasmas are active they consume more energy to produce white.. However, on a LCD you could get a tan Wink

Anyways, great work and wonderful skin as usual from Djh, and Hitcher.. But this needs a Black, Dark Grey theme IMO.. Which I am sure you guys will add..

Thanks again..

Like this :

DIY... just modify the filter.png in skin/alaska/media