Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Might these icons be suitable alternatives?

http://dbgthekafu.deviantart.com/art/bla...g-73276778

They're GPL'ed. Someone could even colorize them.
Weavus Wrote:Can we get a dedicated 'Alaska' forum now in 'Skin Help and Support' so we can compile a FAQ as a sticky so we can stop people asking the same stuff every few posts?

I'd also like to start compiling some ideas for the future that I don't want to bog the developers down with while they work on the core functionality.

Or even better; Maybe Hitcher can change his start post with instructions, status, FAQ, etc.
btw, am I the only one that doesn't like the scaling animation when selecting a movie/tv-show? It somehow doesn't look as fluid as it should... The rest of the skin is amazing, though Big Grin
erhnam Wrote:Or even better; Maybe Hitcher can change his start post with instructions, status, FAQ, etc.
I've got enough to do as it is thanks.Wink

Better idea, no one use this until it's finished.
Hitcher Wrote:Better idea, no one use this until it's finished.

Have you considered adding this to your first post? Maybe with "No End-User Support Requests! " Wink It might deter some useless posts (such as this)
rausch101 Wrote:Have you considered adding this to your first post? Maybe with "No End-User Support Requests! " Wink It might deter some useless posts (such as this)

No point those same people don't read other peoples posts including the first Laugh
>>X<<' Wrote:No point those same people don't read other peoples posts including the first Laugh

As I found out with my Aeon Mod. Rolleyes
Still think you should get a dedicated forum setup. The skin will need one eventually anyway and I don't mind writing a FAQ etc.
I donwload your last version of alaska ... where are the icons in Home and settings?
igaryko Wrote:I donwload your last version of alaska ... where are the icons in Home and settings?

No
igaryko Wrote:I donwload your last version of alaska ... where are the icons in Home and settings?

You can identify them by their .png extensions.

games.png
settings.png
tvshows.png
movies.png
pictures.png
etc...
I know where are de icons in the folders, but my cuestion is not that. Why i can´t see those icons in the theme when i selected in xbmc
Weavus Wrote:Still think you should get a dedicated forum setup. The skin will need one eventually anyway and I don't mind writing a FAQ etc.
I've PM spiff.
I think it's safe to say this thread should be closed now and development should continue in private. It's gone from surprisingly organised to downright farcical in less than a week. Likewise, the skin seems to look worse now than it did a few days ago. As someone said before, far too many cooks.
igaryko Wrote:I know where are de icons in the folders, but my cuestion is not that. Why i can´t see those icons in the theme when i selected in xbmc

You have to go into the home.xml file and find the default.png extensions and change the "default" to the name of the icon you want to see in xbmc.