Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm pretty sure i had that fixed. Are you in sync with me Hitch?
Yeah, he's obviously got an older build.

I've reworked the info screen slightly as well.

nah I think I messed something up in a xml, but I took the files from bdelcamp-Alaska and it worked fine again.

Fyi, the length of movies in HitcherUK-Alaska are out of proportion on some movies (for instance "Apocalypse Now" shows "153 MIN | 202 MIN (REDUX VERSION)" which doesn't really fit in that small frame with such a large font size.
reta Wrote:nah I think I messed something up in a xml, but I took the files from bdelcamp-Alaska and it worked fine again.

Fyi, the length of movies in HitcherUK-Alaska are out of proportion on some movies (for instance "Apocalypse Now" shows "153 MIN | 202 MIN (REDUX VERSION)" which doesn't really fit in that small frame with such a large font size.

I hope at some point XBMC will read the length directly from the media and will show the correct number instead of the text as listed on imdb (or the scraper).
I was trying to make it easier for my mom to get to the movie information page...instead of telling her to "hit the small white button, scroll to movie information, etc...". It would be alot easier to just tell her press up when you want to know more about a movie.

It seemed like it would be simple but this didn't work:
Quote:<include name="Viewtype_Poster">
<!-- Browser -->
<control type="wraplist" id="50">
<posx>-188</posx>
<posy>65</posy>
<height>515</height>
<width>1656</width>
<onleft>300</onleft>
<onright>300</onright>
<onup>2003</onup>
<ondown>60</ondown>

Is it possible? and is id=2003 the correct id? Thx for any replies...
reta Wrote:Fyi, the length of movies in HitcherUK-Alaska are out of proportion on some movies (for instance "Apocalypse Now" shows "153 MIN | 202 MIN (REDUX VERSION)" which doesn't really fit in that small frame with such a large font size.
ccMatrix Wrote:I hope at some point XBMC will read the length directly from the media and will show the correct number instead of the text as listed on imdb (or the scraper).
I thought it that when it extracting Meta Data?

I know EMM can use duration for runtime -

Code:
<fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <video>
        <width>1280</width>
        <height>544</height>
        <codec>h264</codec>
        <duration>1h 48mn</duration>
        <aspect>2.353</aspect>
        <scantype>Progressive</scantype>
      </video>
      <audio>
        <language>eng</language>
        <longlanguage>English</longlanguage>
        <codec>ac3</codec>
        <channels>6</channels>
      </audio>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
Hitcher Wrote:I thought it that when it extracting Meta Data?

The last I heard from CpnBry this isn't included in the meta data extraction but on the todo. I don't think it has been implemented yet. My current SVN still reads that information from the scraper (imdb). Maybe I should start looking into the XBMC source code and try to add that myself. The ticket 6780 for it is still open.
Just got to say I'm absolutely loving Alaska, the clean look is really refreshing, only one thing is stopping it becoming a usable skin for me, even in its current iteration; I've lost the shutdown option from the main menu screen, is this just something which is coming soon or am I supposed to turn it on somewhere?

The media flags are looking good, I'm guessing the studio flags are coming soon but I've noticed that the icon for the 540 resolution is still the old one rather than the new large style, again you probably already know this but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

Thanks for all the hard work, can't wait to see the finished article! Big Grin
Press 's' to bring up the Global Menu with Shutdown.
You guys interested in this:

***Yes, I know Alaska is in development but no other skin interests me to work with...I'm mostly trying to flex my skinning know-how and if I come up with something I think others may like it never hurts to share***
mcborzu Wrote:You guys interested in this:

***Yes, I know Alaska is in development but no other skin interests me to work with...I'm mostly trying to flex my skinning know-how and if I come up with something I think others may like it never hurts to share***

Wow this is really awesome!! Very nice look!

Very interested.... but without the thumbs... can you PM me how to do it?

Cheers,

Pete
mcborzu Wrote:If anyone like me who has 600 or so movies and need a scrollbar, this is what I came up with and here's what to do...

viewtype_poster.xml

put bold code in here:

and then these bolded lines towards the the very end:

Here the image files just put in your media folder.

Hmmm, I have done the modifications, but the scrollbare is NOT appering ?

I have the latests Hitcher build, and xmbc build 23548.

Rgds
RisenGryn

It's not something I feel should be a part of our development (extrathumbs aren't officially supported for a start) but there's nothing stopping it as a mod.
Pete_London Wrote:Very interested.... but without the thumbs... can you PM me how to do it?
It's already in there without the thumbs.
Yeah, it's just the normal movie info display. And as Hitcher said about the extrathumbs, fine if you want it as a mod, but IMHO, it clutters up the view.