Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well i guess i'll refine that one then.
Hi, I'm kind of new here so be nice!

Do you have any plans on implementing a way to make new shortcuts in the main menu and also have the option to assign backdrops for them?

Man I love the Alaska-skin, even now in its unfinished state. Really good work everybody.
Ayla Wrote:Top one looks really nice, good job.

I'll second that. Top one looks good to me Smile
fillidill Wrote:Hi, I'm kind of new here so be nice!

Do you have any plans on implementing a way to make new shortcuts in the main menu and also have the option to assign backdrops for them?

Man I love the Alaska-skin, even now in its unfinished state. Really good work everybody.

I was thinking about that because I would like to have quick access to just my HD Movies, or Kids Movies, but what I ended up doing is making smart playlists for each and adding them to my favorites, so all I have to do is press a button and all my smart playlists are available. The only thing is by default, when you access a playlist from favorites, it plays the list instead of opening it as a folder, so I had to manually edit my favourites.xml to open as a folder instead.
OlafBerserker77 Wrote:I was thinking about that because I would like to have quick access to just my HD Movies, or Kids Movies, but what I ended up doing is making smart playlists for each and adding them to my favorites, so all I have to do is press a button and all my smart playlists are available. The only thing is by default, when you access a playlist from favorites, it plays the list instead of opening it as a folder, so I had to manually edit my favourites.xml to open as a folder instead.

Yeah, great idea! I have figured out how to do that, but how can I make a custom backdrop/slideshow playing in the background when hovering over my shortcut? And where to put it? Big Grin

Thanks
This is what I mean. You can acces this window by pressing 's' and selecting it from the menu, or you can assign a key in your keyboard.xml (but that's another thread)

What do you guys think about these ratings?
OlafBerserker77 Wrote:What do you guys think about these ratings?

That looks fantastic olaf, however it seems to be over to the left in relation to the title text. But I love the look of it.
OlafBerserker77 Wrote:The only thing is by default, when you access a playlist from favorites, it plays the list instead of opening it as a folder, so I had to manually edit my favourites.xml to open as a folder instead.

Not to high jack this thread but can you give me the code for that please Smile

Great tip BTW I'm assuming I could add HD Movie once in favorites to Aeons home menu ?

Edit : ok added it to the menu

http://img210.imageshack.us/i/screenshot000j.png/
redtapemedia Wrote:That looks fantastic olaf, however it seems to be over to the left in relation to the title text. But I love the look of it.

>>X<<' Wrote:Not to high jack this thread but can you give me the code for that please Smile

Great tip BTW I'm assuming I could add HD Movie once in favorites to Aeons home menu ?

Edit : ok added it to the menu

http://img210.imageshack.us/i/screenshot000j.png/

Isn't this the Alaska thread?

But this is what my favorite looks like in XML
Code:
<favourite name="HD Movies">ActivateWindow(10025,special://profile/playlists/video/HD Movies.xsp)</favourite>
Yes I didn't want to hi jack this thread but you sparked my interest, works great thanks for the code Wink

Alaska is coming along nicely Big Grin
Glad to be of assistance
Now in the repo:

There is an option in the Alaska settings to swap studio for IMDB ratings. I only put it in Poster view at the moment, but i'll add it to the rest of the views shortly.
OlafBerserker77 Wrote:Now in the repo:

There is an option in the Alaska settings to swap studio for IMDB ratings. I only put it in Poster view at the moment, but i'll add it to the rest of the views shortly.

OlafBerserker77 Wrote:I only put it in Poster view at the moment, but i'll add it to the rest of the views shortly.
We use the Poster flags for the other views and simply change their position so you shouldn't need to do anything else.