Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You're right. I thought I saw a glitch in the other views, but a restart of XBMC fixed it.
I love the screenshots, only comment is that one flag showing IMDB ratings seems to be a bit too far to the left and would look more intact if it aligned up with the Movie Title and Movie Genre.

But excellent work!
grupy Wrote:I love the screenshots, only comment is that one flag showing IMDB ratings seems to be a bit too far to the left and would look more intact if it aligned up with the Movie Title and Movie Genre.

But excellent work!

Better?
OlafBerserker77 Wrote:Image

Better?

That's perfect Nerd

Can't wait for the official release of this beautiful skin!! Nod
this is getting better and better Smile
Great work so far! I have a suggestion for a slight improvement... if you have time for it and think it's worth it, the following change in TV episode list view would be awesome!

When there are more than 6 episodes in one season folder you have to browse down to the last one (the sixth) and then press down once more to see if there are more episodes in that season, and if there aren't you will jump up to the first episode again.

Wouldn't it be better if the position (currently selected episode) was static and the list moved up/down with each press instead? Let's say the selection was always static in the following position:
So that there always are 3 episodes above and 2 episodes beneath?
This way when going from 9 -> 10 in this examlpe you'll see episode 12 pop up under episode 11.
I found that to be an issue also. Consider it on the to-do list.
I thought about it too, I do like that hidden focus thing DJH has going, but I'm a fan of wraplists in general.

If you quickly want to see how it looks, go to viewtype_episodes.xml:

Change, should be line 5:
<control type="list" id="51"> to <control type="wraplist" id="51">

Add this bolded part:
Quote:<pagecontrol>61</pagecontrol>
<scrolltime>0</scrolltime>
<focusposition>3</focusposition>
<orientation>vertical</orientation>
<onup>51</onup>

The animation to the plot might have to be changed, or atleast it my opinion it would look better with a little fade in for the plot but that's a quick and easy way to test out your suggestion.
Let's say I wanted to add a "stand-up comedy" section in the home view, between Movies and TV shows. How would I go about doing that and what xml file would I edit? Includes.xml?
Been working with Olaf's IMDB ratings and came up with this -

nvaia Wrote:Let's say I wanted to add a "stand-up comedy" section in the home view, between Movies and TV shows. How would I go about doing that and what xml file would I edit? Includes.xml?

I would also like to see this implemented.

I have tons of Stand up DVD's I would like to add to XBMC
Hitcher Wrote:Been working with Olaf's IMDB ratings and came up with this -

Looks great Hitcher, very polished now!

Great work both of you.

I hope it makes it to github today, so I can try it out later Smile
Just pushed it.

NOTE: IMDB ratings are now on by default; if you want Studio Flags instead you'll need to change it in the options. This is mainly to keep the size of the final skin down - Studio Flags will be available separately, along with other images.
Am I blind?

You guys were using Filter.png for the global backdrop but now its background.png and backgroundcolordiffuse.png, correct?....but where is the pinkish color coming from now I just can't find it.
The progress that has been made with this skin is pretty impressive! It's becomming a real work of art. The animations are superb and run smooth, even on the XBOX.

There are memory problems with the XBOX though. Even though I've resized the backdrops to 960x540. XBMC locks up regularly. I'll try and see if putting them in a XPR helps.

You're doing a great job! I'm looking forward to the point where it's usable on the XBOX. I haven't read the whole thread so maby this request has already been posted... Will OpenSubtitles_OSD support be integrated (once you've arrived at 'that stage')?