Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hitcher, hope you don't mind if I ask about a curiousity I've had for a while. I never liked the press 'i' for movie info, so I was wondering is it possible that when you select the movie, instead of playing straight away, it showed the info screen, which in turn has a play button and play trailer button.

So basically: Scroll through movies --> Select Movie --> Info Screen --> Select 'Play Movie' or 'Play Trailer'

Here's a crude mock-up:

I just want to know if this stuff is controlled by the skinning code or the xbmc code. If it's purely skinning I might mess about with it later on. Thanks.
Roders Wrote:Hitcher, hope you don't mind if I ask about a curiousity I've had for a while. I never liked the press 'i' for movie info, so I was wondering is it possible that when you select the movie, instead of playing straight away, it showed the info screen, which in turn has a play button and play trailer button.

So basically: Scroll through movies --> Select Movie --> Info Screen --> Select 'Play Movie' or 'Play Trailer'

Here's a crude mock-up:

I just want to know if this stuff is controlled by the skinning code or the xbmc code. If it's purely skinning I might mess about with it later on. Thanks.

I think what you have to do is to edit your remote.xml to bring up the "info" when your pressing "OK" in the movie view instead of the default "play".

/Söder
Hitcher Wrote:All that's fine on Windows so this is going to be hard to sort out. The only thing I can think of is something's got the wrong case somewhere - does this affect OSX as well as Linux?

I'm not too sure on the internals of XBMC, but I've never had any issues with case sensitivity on any of my macs (unless formatted with a case sensitive HFS+ filesystem). I would test more, but all my macs are PPC, and there is no svn build to test with.
Yeah, thats what makes this so confusing, Linux is USUALLY case-sensitive but I believe if you use a weird filesystem (like NTFS) then it isn't. In OS X if I remember right the disk partitioner asks you if you want to use the case sensitive version of the OS or not. This may account for why only some people are seeing this. I believe the easiest way to nail down what is not working and why is as follows:

-Someone who is experiencing this issue needs to enable Debug Logging
--This is found in Settings>System
-With Debug Logging turned on, you then need to navigate to the non-working screen(s)
-This SHOULD cause a bunch of "WARNING" messages to appear in the log, like
"WARNING: Could not load texture media\YourMom.png!"
-After moving to the non-working screen, the person would then need to post either their entire xbmc.log file or just a portion. I just sticking the entire log into http://pastebin.ca/
-Those warnings are the key to figuring it out.

Just an idea, I can't try it since I'm running Windows 7.

Roders, that suggestion is not 100% do-able. The contents of the lists you browse and how you interact with those contents (like the movies in your library) is handled by XBMC itself. The skin part of it is just a way of defining how that stuff looks and what controls are presented. Basically, "click OK to play this movie", is part of XBMC itself. It IS possible to set it up so that like left & right is to scroll through the list and then if you click up (or down) it displays the "info" type screen like in your mockup, where you could then click Play. Many versions of Aeon have some variation on this idea. I honestly don't like it very much since it is much clunkier than just "click OK to play the file", but that's just me.

Olaf, that's the best GamerTag ever Smile "My love for you is like a truck, berserker!". Have you played Borderlands yet?
Right, I think I've found the problem but will obviously need someone to test the latest git version on Linux.

Thanks.
I have a problem with the corners of the menu items at the home screen. The pictures stick out underneath the corners. I don't know if that is the case on any other computer also? I already redownloaded the skin from scratch and nuked my guisettings. Any idea what to do here? Using a Mac with OS 10.5 and xbmc build 23239

Your XBMC build is too old - this has been fixed recently.
Great, thanks for your answer! I will try a newer one.

(Hopefully Aeon Showmix will still work then, they use an older svn version... fingers crossed Tongue )
Settings are oke now, but the home menu the word's of the item are a bit shifted down.
SleepyP Wrote:Olaf, that's the best GamerTag ever Smile "My love for you is like a truck, berserker!". Have you played Borderlands yet?

"did he just say make f***?" lol; thanks. No borderlands yet as the swine flu has kept my activities to a minimum lately.
Slurp Wrote:Settings are oke now, but the home menu the word's of the item are a bit shifted down.

Settings are ok in that the layout is fine now, but the buttons are missing for me, using an xbmc svn thats a few days old. For example "Show Rating Flags", I dont know whether its selected or not. Same for any options that have buttons (or whatever it is there called).

And same problem as Slurp regarding the home menu words and also in the settings menu. All the settings headers (apart from alaska and weather) are right above the descriptions (no spacing between header and description).

And lastly, i have my tv shows view set to file. And each tv show has a banner, but when i go down through my different tv shows it show a big white box for a second before it shows the banner. It wasnt like this in the alaska build i was using a few weeks ago.

I'm using xbmc linux btw.

Skin looks great btw Wink
Slurp Wrote:Settings are oke now, but the home menu the word's of the item are a bit shifted down.

moontan77 Wrote:Settings are ok in that the layout is fine now, but the buttons are missing for me, using an xbmc svn thats a few days old. For example "Show Rating Flags", I dont know whether its selected or not. Same for any options that have buttons (or whatever it is there called).

And same problem as Slurp regarding the home menu words and also in the settings menu. All the settings headers (apart from alaska and weather) are right above the descriptions (no spacing between header and description).

And lastly, i have my tv shows view set to file. And each tv show has a banner, but when i go down through my different tv shows it show a big white box for a second before it shows the banner. It wasnt like this in the alaska build i was using a few weeks ago.

I'm using xbmc linux btw.

Skin looks great btw Wink
I noticed the alignment and have fixed it for the Home, Settings and Info screen but if you spot anymore let me know.

I've also added the option to turn the fanart on and off.

As for the white border image flashing up, JM has fixed this -

http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/24059
Button problem fixed - it was the case sensitive issue again.
I also noticed a problem with the alignment in TV Shows, shwoing the seasons of a show in Landscape View
Fixed.