Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
DDM123 Wrote:I changed BackgroundPictureColor to 30001BCD in night.xml for a much darker blue. Looks a little weird with fanart in the background, which I will try to figure out later. I use such a dark blue because my TV apparently likes to exaggerate colors. So my modification looks crappy on my laptop, but good on my TV.

On my 55" plasma with nvidia colors set to 0-255 the new night theme by jalesm looks awesome, in fact my wife's mouth dropped when trying it out earlier tonight..

But like you said, it all depends on how your video driver interprets the color ranges....
I noticed that there a different star.pngs. As in 1 out of 5, 2 out of 5, etc. But I can't find the control that lets me exchange the numbers (8.5) for stars. Has this been implemented in Alaska yet?
reaven Wrote:Image

You could also use the spyder3 pro, if you have it and just "get" the TV software Smile Thats what I did. The sensor is the same between units.
ahh....now I need to decode what change what
Quote:<color name="BackgroundColor">d7000000</color>
<color name="BackgroundFilterColor">ff009ACD</color>
<color name="ButtonFilterColor">ff009ACD</color>
<color name="HomeFrameColor">FFE0E0E0</color>
<color name="HomeFrameDiffuseColor">FFFFFFFF</color>

wife want to match the theme color with the wall where the LCD is mount..

would be cool a picture of the home screen representing what is change with what ...
furii Wrote:not sure if this is a bug or not. i thought the movie detail view had the poster to the left of the details. as you can see on my setup it doesn't. running the latest git pull and camelot a2.

edit: just checked and this only happens in the file and square views so it might be intentional. poster view shows the poster in detail view, and fanart shows the fanart in detail view.

Just haven't got around to the other views yet.

WingmanNZ

Anyone tried this with the mythtv plugin mythbox?
Evanrich Wrote:You could also use the spyder3 pro, if you have it and just "get" the TV software Smile Thats what I did. The sensor is the same between units.

I know its just a colorimeter the work is in the software that read the data.
Ok since I am very visual I create this template in Photoshop so is more easier to preview colors combination before try to make it in Alaska also you can see the color HEX in Photoshop. the .psd include all the elements in layers including filter.png, icons and fonts. just change the colors in the layers via the layer style -> color overlay (just double click the layer or the FX button at the bottom).

fun sample

I know my daughter would like it..

If you like the tools I can add other screens like, tvshows, movies, OSD controls, ect.., time permitting.
Alaska_colorPreview V1 ----> Version 2 with other screens and tools here
The purple one is amazing :O Nice Color choices.
Is there a way to cycle colors gradually? It would be kinda nice to see it progressively go through Blue->Green->Yellow etc. over the course of an hour or two. It would make it hard to get sick of one particular color.
reaven Wrote:Ok since I am very visual I create this template in Photoshop so is more easier to preview colors combination before try to make it in Alaska also you can see the color HEX in Photoshop. the .psd include all the elements in layers including filter.png, icons and fonts. just change the colors in the layers via the layer style -> color overlay (just double click the layer or the FX button at the bottom).

If you like the tools I can add other screens like, tvshows, movies, OSD controls, ect.., time permitting.
template.psd

I like this tool! Thank you! The other ones would be great also.

PS: And I think the fun sample color would be great for where your lcd is mounted! Big Grin
Do these colour themes play nicely with fanart or is it best to have the fanart disabled?

Also, I use poster view for movies, It would be pretty neat if after a few seconds on a film it changed to the movie information screen until you pressed left/right on the remote. Even better would be to keep the view the same but remove the posters for movies on the right and display the movie information there after a pause. Not sure if these are do-able, just observations.
Hitcher Wrote:It's something I've been wanting for a while now but alas not possible.

Just wondering, how does this work in the season view (poster view)? That seems to display without using a wrap list.
The colour choices are adding a lot to alaska. Nod
DDM123 Wrote:Is there a way to cycle colors gradually? It would be kinda nice to see it progressively go through Blue->Green->Yellow etc. over the course of an hour or two. It would make it hard to get sick of one particular color.
My next skin - 'Moon on a stick'. Wink
indy5 Wrote:Just wondering, how does this work in the season view (poster view)? That seems to display without using a wrap list.
It's just set to load when entering Seasons.