Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Hitcher, can you change the color diffuse tag values in the poster, fanart and landscape views from 89FFFFFF to WallIconDiffuse? It makes the non-focused thumbnails blend much better into a dark background and it still works fine with the default white theme. I tried recoloring the mattes in the media folder but they ended up looking more grayed out than darkened.
Hitcher Wrote:The library update and volume overlap problem is fixed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTkPMvzvC1c

EDIT: And now everything should slide.

Christmas, already ? Smile
This is beautiful !Nod
Hitcher Wrote:Colour schemes appear in the Appearance settings so if someone makes a new one we can easily add it to Alaska.

I'm currently converting the textures to white so their colours can easily be changed in the same way as the backgrounds and text by adding a diffuse colour to them.

Obviously I'm not great when it comes to choosing colours but this gives you an idea of just how easy it'll be to customise.

Really looking forward to this Hitcher as the white on my plasma is just too bright for me atm.......Awesome work btw just like you did with your Aeon Mod....
Hitcher, really great work.

WingmanNZ

First off, this skin is amazing! love the layout and animations. just two small requests.
1. can the text, when highlighted, be a little clearer? ie. when adding sources its hard to see from 10 ft away, the color difference that lets you know if you are on the "ok" or "cancel" buttons etc.

2. I am wondering if you can implement reading the Bluray tag from the filename and showing it in the tv show library. I have a few bluray rips of tvshow and its nice to know if you have an HDTV 720p rip or a bluray 720p rip, instead of it just showing the codec. thanks.

btw. the Square art option for tv shows is working a treat!
uncertainty Wrote:Really looking forward to this Hitcher as the white on my plasma is just too bright for me atm.......Awesome work btw just like you did with your Aeon Mod....

I came across a beautiful red theme, created by amra, a few days ago. The white was just too bright on my screen as well, so I combined todays Alaska git pull by Hitcher and the red theme by amra. If you would like to give it a try you can find it here

It is quite nice.
chrisallen511 Wrote:First off, this skin is amazing! love the layout and animations. just two small requests.
1. can the text, when highlighted, be a little clearer? ie. when adding sources its hard to see from 10 ft away, the color difference that lets you know if you are on the "ok" or "cancel" buttons etc.

2. I am wondering if you can implement reading the Bluray tag from the filename and showing it in the tv show library. I have a few bluray rips of tvshow and its nice to know if you have an HDTV 720p rip or a bluray 720p rip, instead of it just showing the codec. thanks.

btw. the Square art option for tv shows is working a treat!
1. I might add an underline of some sort to help.

2. It already does this.
nvaia Wrote:I came across a beautiful red theme, created by amra, a few days ago. The white was just too bright on my screen as well, so I combined todays Alaska git pull by Hitcher and the red theme by amra. If you would like to give it a try you can find it here

It is quite nice.
Care to host it somewhere else?
Hitcher Wrote:Care to host it somewhere else?

Why? Is something wrong with rapidshare?
nvaia Wrote:Why? Is something wrong with rapidshare?

and can you post a screenshot?

WingmanNZ

just wondering the correct folder structure for studio tags to show up. at the moment all my media is sorted via ember media manager and the tags show up in aeon so i know its correct in the .nfo file but all im getting is a box with a '?' in it instead of the studio logos. my director is xbmc/extras/Studios ? is that correct? all the other meta tags (bluray, 720p etc) are fine? im wondering if this might related to my previous question as im not seeing the source tags for tv shows.
Just now got around to installing this and it's easily my favorite theme (surpassed your Aeon mod Hitcher!).

Does anyone get horizontal tearing when navigating on the Home menu? I haven't seen this in any other themes.
nvaia Wrote:Why? Is something wrong with rapidshare?

I find mediafire quite good. The issue with rapidshare is the wait time for the download link to work I think.
chrisallen511 Wrote:just wondering the correct folder structure for studio tags to show up. at the moment all my media is sorted via ember media manager and the tags show up in aeon so i know its correct in the .nfo file but all im getting is a box with a '?' in it instead of the studio logos. my director is xbmc/extras/Studios ? is that correct? all the other meta tags (bluray, 720p etc) are fine? im wondering if this might related to my previous question as im not seeing the source tags for tv shows.

It should be "skin\Alaska\media\extras\Studios"

WingmanNZ

mcborzu Wrote:It should be "skin\Alaska\media\extras\Studios"

thanks its working now!
Hitcher Wrote:Care to host it somewhere else?
Evanrich Wrote:and can you post a screenshot?
I actually have it hosted at mediafire and am updating a couple things to reflect your new watched overlay changes right now so I will post some screenshots & an updated mediafire link shortly.

And FYI, I now have it set up as an additional theme selectable from within Alaska so it is easy to add it in.