Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alaska development thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ccMatrix Wrote:Imagine someone disables Rating or someone disables the video flags and then it suddenly doesn't look balanced anymore.

what are the odds? ;-)

besides, if someone disables the video flag, it would still look good.
and with a disabled rating flag, i guess it'd also look better than the original.
ronie Wrote:what are the odds? ;-)

besides, if someone disables the video flag, it would still look good.
and with a disabled rating flag, i guess it'd also look better than the original.

You could rectify that with conditional positions in the code I imagine. I did that with my international ratings mod for Aeon.
All of my files are ISO's so I know they cant be automatically read for media flags. But I have typically used Media Info Plus for all the media flags for Aeon and from what I gathered (please tell me if this is not true), the basic standard is now Ember Media Manager.

I have installed the recent version of EMM and tried it on a couple of of my ISO files. Since they are ISO's, I have to edit the meda data manually which is fine with me. But....here are my problems Im running into:

1. I can get everything to transfer over and show up in Alaska, but the studio icon isnt showing up. It's showing in EMM though.

2. If I select dtsma in EMM, it just shows the "?" Have tried this in several ISO files

3. dtsma is in EMM, but not Dolby True HDHuh? Why is that??

Everything else seems to be working fine with the exception of these 3 problems Im having. So, Im not entirely sure what Im doing wrong.

Thanks for improving on XBMC with this skin, keep up the awesome work its really appreciated.
i absolutely love where this is going, but have a question. I know it's not ready yet, and I know it's not finished, and I know that some stuff is still not working or broken, but is it at a semi usable point right now? I'd like to see how this looks on my setup, but worried about having issues not being able to go back to another skin because something might not be working right.

Thanks.
@Evanrich

Been working for awhile...if by the odd chance you download at a time when maybe there is a misspelling somewhere in the code and it's a unusable then just delete the skin...
jondr13 Wrote:All of my files are ISO's so I know they cant be automatically read for media flags. But I have typically used Media Info Plus for all the media flags for Aeon and from what I gathered (please tell me if this is not true), the basic standard is now Ember Media Manager.

I have installed the recent version of EMM and tried it on a couple of of my ISO files. Since they are ISO's, I have to edit the meda data manually which is fine with me. But....here are my problems Im running into:

1. I can get everything to transfer over and show up in Alaska, but the studio icon isnt showing up. It's showing in EMM though.

2. If I select dtsma in EMM, it just shows the "?" Have tried this in several ISO files

3. dtsma is in EMM, but not Dolby True HDHuh? Why is that??

Everything else seems to be working fine with the exception of these 3 problems Im having. So, Im not entirely sure what Im doing wrong.

Thanks for improving on XBMC with this skin, keep up the awesome work its really appreciated.

1. Make sure there is a studio flag image with the exact same name as the studio of your movie. While there are a lot of studio logos in the extra pack, not all studios have flags. If you think this is a studio which makes more than just one movie and you can find a logo for it please send me the link and I can add it to the flags.

2. This is because there currently is no image for dtsma in the skin. I can create/add one but for that I need to know the exact name of the codec and how it is returned by XBMC. I will not add images for codecs that are named differently in external media managers - the managers should use the same codec names as XBMC does internally.

3. I guess that is an EMM issue and you would have to ask in an EMM thread about that.
ccMatrix Wrote:1. Make sure there is a studio flag image with the exact same name as the studio of your movie. While there are a lot of studio logos in the extra pack, not all studios have flags. If you think this is a studio which makes more than just one movie and you can find a logo for it please send me the link and I can add it to the flags.

2. This is because there currently is no image for dtsma in the skin. I can create/add one but for that I need to know the exact name of the codec and how it is returned by XBMC. I will not add images for codecs that are named differently in external media managers - the managers should use the same codec names as XBMC does internally.

3. I guess that is an EMM issue and you would have to ask in an EMM thread about that.

Ok, I have figured out that the flag folder has icons in it that Alaska is picking up. Tried it by moving the dolbytruehd icon from the audiocodec folder to the main flag folder and Alaska picked it up.
With the studio, Im still having problems. Take for example the movie Predator....the studio is 20th Century Fox. In the main flag folder and in the studio flag folder there is an image named
20thcenturyfox. Its almost as if it doesnt matter where the flag is, Alaska isnt picking it up.

Any other suggestions??
jondr13 Wrote:Ok, I have figured out that the flag folder has icons in it that Alaska is picking up. Tried it by moving the dolbytruehd icon from the audiocodec folder to the main flag folder and Alaska picked it up.
With the studio, Im still having problems. Take for example the movie Predator....the studio is 20th Century Fox. In the main flag folder and in the studio flag folder there is an image named
20thcenturyfox. Its almost as if it doesnt matter where the flag is, Alaska isnt picking it up.

Any other suggestions??

The filename needs to match what is in the "Studio" field in the database. You can view what is in the studio field by changing to PM3.HD and pressing "i" on the movie. If it is "20th Century Fox" the file needs to be named "20th Century Fox.png"

The other way you can view what the string is to download a mysql database viewer and view the database in it. Called "movies34.db" from memory.
jondr13 Wrote:Ok, I have figured out that the flag folder has icons in it that Alaska is picking up. Tried it by moving the dolbytruehd icon from the audiocodec folder to the main flag folder and Alaska picked it up.

Any other suggestions??

Are you using the very latest Alaska version with the extras installed into the correct folder? The latest version reads studio flags from media/extras/Studios

The "20thcenturyfox.png" file is a relict of the earliest Aeon package. The file needs to be named exactly like the studio e.g. "20th Century Fox.png" and this file exists in the extra package. If you setup Alaska correctly everything should work fine here.
Double Check that the spelling match...because I searched the Flag folder and nothing came up for "20th Century Fox" that means no image would match it.

For me Predator is <studio>Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation</studio>

And the matching flag is:
Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation.png

Though the are a few different spellings to help catch the correct flag, but as a rule of thumb if you use EMM and it picks it up and shows an image for the studio then you're OK.
ccMatrix Wrote:Are you using the very latest Alaska version with the extras installed into the correct folder? The latest version reads studio flags from media/extras/Studios

The "20thcenturyfox.png" file is a relict of the earliest Aeon package. The file needs to be named exactly like the studio e.g. "20th Century Fox.png" and this file exists in the extra package. If you setup Alaska correctly everything should work fine here.

Hmmmmm..... looked in the Alaska folder and mine goes from media/flags/studios. I just downloaded this version of Alaska this afternoon.....thats weird. I dont see a "extras" folder anywhere. I take it I should download Alaska again right??

EDIT - just found the "extras" in the first post....missed this completely....will try this and see if it works. Thanks again
@jondr13

Check the first post, HItcher has split some of the files to save space
mcborzu Wrote:Double Check that the spelling match...because I searched the Flag folder and nothing came up for "20th Century Fox" that means no image would match it.

For me Predator is <studio>Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation</studio>

And the matching flag is:
Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation.png

Though the are a few different spellings to help catch the correct flag, but as a rule of thumb if you use EMM and it picks it up and shows an image for the studio then you're OK.

<majorly off topic>

IMO this is a major issue in the way studio flags are currently displayed. Between different scrapers and (even sometimes the same ones) there are a myriad of variants in the strings returned for every studio. What would be great is if we had a list of main studios in a studios.xml file (as part of xbmc, not the skins) like so:

Code:
<studio id="21">
  <string>20th Century Fox</string>
  <string>20th Century-Fox Film Corporation</string>
  <string>20thcenturyfox</string>
</studio>

and then just have a listitem.studioid so that we can call up studio id="21". I may even bring this up in the dev forum and have a go at coding it when I get some time. I'm not a particularily strong C++ coder, but it might be something I can manage.

</majorly off topic>

edit: RegExp's might be even better.
mcborzu Wrote:@jondr13

Check the first post, HItcher has split some of the files to save space

Yep, that was it. Sorry for the trouble!! Completely missed that update. Again, I appreciate the helping hand.
@redtapemedia

<majorly off topic>

That idea is perfect but I think it has more to do with IMDB and how the studios in general hand out who's on the billing

</majorly off topic>